1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Expecto Poké-Patronum!

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Perfectly Chaotic, Nov 6, 2016.

1. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Once again, I must say that these are absolutely beautiful! Seriously, I haven't seen anything like these before, and it sucks that it was stolen. I really can't wait for more in the future.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Perfectly Chaotic

Cubone
    (Cubone)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.5
    Thank you, Nova, I appreciate that! I will try to do a Raichu for you soon!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1603]
    Here's my first entry in the Nidoran family. Has to be Slytherin, due to poison, right?

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1604]
    And my second starter evo, Ravenclaw. I've also sketched Charmeleon and Charizard. I've been sort of putting off the bigger, badder 'mons, thinking I would get practice in on the small cute guys. But my first convention with these is going to be end of April, so I better get a move on.

Cadbberry likes this.
  3. Fidchell

Fidchell Souls of Fire

PokéPoints:
    ₽85.9
    These are really neat! Did you draw the Pokémon themselves?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Perfectly Chaotic

Cubone
    (Cubone)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.5
    Thanks! I did indeed. Most of them in a traditional sketchbook, which is pretty unusual for me (most of my drawing happens on a Cintiq).I started out sketching one a day, as a sort of ongoing drawing practice when I found my skills getting rusty. That schedule has slipped a bit, but I still make a point to draw them in pencil.
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:1610]

I didn't want them to be standing on a solid surface, instead they are being 'cast' into the air by a wizard, so I try to pose them bounding, hovering, or swooping, which is a fun, dynamic challenge.

5. Fidchell

Fidchell Souls of Fire

PokéPoints:
    ₽85.9
    I see, very cool. I wish you luck with the rest of the Pokémon!

6. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    These are amazing! I would really suggest you google how to protec your artwork against thiefs. Just like ideas are protected by Patents the same should be for artwork ideas and I would hate to see your work get RIPPED. GL :)

7. Perfectly Chaotic

Cubone
    (Cubone)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.5
    Thanks Vigilance, but there's only so much I can do. After all, I don't own Pokémon or Harry Potter... But I do own the art itself, and copyright laws protect me there. There is, for the record, no way to patent or trademark or copyright an idea. And that's a good thing, because borrowing, mixing, and reinterpreting ideas are important to ongoing creativity.

In other news, I have a store! Right now there are 16 Poké-Patronus mug designs available, and they're $2 off for the first week. Link
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:1696][sharedmedia=gallery:images:1695][sharedmedia=gallery:images:1694]

8. Perfectly Chaotic

Cubone
    (Cubone)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.5
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:1711]
    Rounding out the starter first evos. Now gotta tackle the big guys...

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1709]
    Weezing is simple in its design, but makes a fun patronus.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1710]
    Hey guys, did you hear? Remus Lupin is the new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor!

An Evil Wizard and ~Nova~ like this.
  9. Fidchell

Fidchell Souls of Fire

PokéPoints:
    ₽85.9
    The smoke coming out of the Weezing is a very cool touch. Keep up the good work!

10. Perfectly Chaotic

Cubone
    (Cubone)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.5
    Calgary Expo is next week!

Starter final evos:
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:1950]
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:1949]
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:1948]

Eeveelutions:
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:1951]
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:1952]
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:1953]

And a few must-haves:
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:1954]
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:1958]
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:1956] @[member=~Nova~]!

Due to print deadlines, I had to finally put the stylus down. There was a handful more I would have liked -- Scyther, Ninetales, Legendary Birds -- but they will have to be for the next con. There is one important one I finished though:

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1955]

My hope is that people pull Magikarp from the random draw and are disappointed... And then I give em a free consolation prize:

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1957]

Speaking of the random draw, here's me stuffing the Hogwarts style envelopes that will make that happen. And the chests they are drawn from. Excited for the con!

AeroHail likes this.
  11. Blazonix

Blazonix Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽788.8
    Your Pokémon patronus pics are amazing. So much so, I went ahead and bought the dragonair mug! I plan to take it with me to an upcoming convention and get some pics with it. Would it be alright to post those pics and leave a link back to you?

Vigilance likes this.
  12. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    These are amazing man! I plan to buy 3 mugs when I get my paycheck next month!

13. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Wowww! These are beyond stunning! They look so great!!

14. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD
    That is BEAUTIFUL. Yes! Yes! Yes! Someone who is doing Pokémon-Patronuses! I cannot express how damn happy I am! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing these masterpieces with us! I gotta say Dragonair is my fave right now, but only bacuse I'm a Dragonair fan.
    Edit: WAIT I just saw Mewtwo. You really captured the power and sheer majesty of my favorite Gen 1 'Mon. And the dynamic Charizard is awesome too. Excellent work! They are all so beautiful!
    The beauty will remain with me...Always.
    #Always
    #MissingNo

15. Perfectly Chaotic

Cubone
    (Cubone)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.5
    Thanks everybody!

Cool, thank you! They're not all uploaded to the mug store yet, so that gives me time to do that and make sure the ones you want are available.

Yay, thanks! Yeah, I'd be super okay with that, grateful in fact. Please link to my landing page at perfectlychaotic.com. I plan to get a proper Poké-Patronus banner on there soon. And if anyone at the con asks, pokepatronus.com redirects straight to the store ;)

16. Kimochiru

PokéPoints:
    ₽82.7
    These are really amazing, from the technique to the details! This is inspiring, in a way. I can see why people would want to sell them, but it's really a shame they don't ask for your permission first. I'd love to buy some merch from your site, though (and upvote on Reddit lol).

It seems like you're only doing Gen I Pokémon, but do you intend to do others?

17. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    This is indeed a marvellous art! I love it! My favourites are the Mewtwo and Dragonair, and they are really impressive! I wish I can buy one of your mugs!

18. Perfectly Chaotic

Cubone
    (Cubone)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.5
    Thanks! I intend to, but I'm not sure how to go about it. There are just so many, where do I go next? I didn't even complete all the gen I's that I wanted to get done for the convention. Final count for this con is 41 designs, and I had 10-15 prints made of each. That's 400-500 prints my girlfriend and I had to sleeve and organise, create postcard and envelope bundles for, and somehow pack into a suitcase along with our table setup and other merch to transport on the Greyhound bus!

My instinct is to just continue on in Generation order, but I know that would leave plenty of people who's favourites wouldn't come up for years... What if I were to open up semi-commissions? If you want a Pokémon from a late generation, you could pay a small fee, and I'd draw it. Semi-, because I'd still retain rights to sell at cons, etc (so it's cheaper than a full commission). OOH! The person buying the commission could have a unique shiny variant mailed to them... I'd already been thinking about some sort of metallic ink, or foil print for shinies. I don't know how feasible it is, need to research, but "rare foils" would be super cool in this format.

Kimochiru likes this.
  19. Perfectly Chaotic

Cubone
    (Cubone)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.5
  20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    These are just gorgeous, I love them!