1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Expedition Cabin - a chat for Catchér Trainers

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Apawn, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'm just taking a break from my aron now that it's level 50, I can pick it up again after postfest so for now is all about my postfest bud Cyndaquil.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I suppose it doesn't make a difference

Maybe more 4th gen Pokémon will come out this Community Month :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I hope the Gen 3 legends would be released before Gen 4. XD

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Yeah, same. I want the legends first, before the main body of Gen 4 arrives.

5. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I just only care about Jirachi.

... and Latias, now that I think about it! And Latios too...

6. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    I just want to catch everything and have a living dex on LV. XD

7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'm really tempted/hoping that I end up catching a shiny Vulpix of some persuasion on LV.

I did promise long ago that, if I were to do so, I would nickname it "Leverage", for reasons that are probably rather apparent.

8. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    You are such a mean dragon, Eclipse.

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Oh come now, I'm not that heartless. I would gladly hand it over to you for the right price.

10. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    The right price probably being my soul

11. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Honesty I feel this would be the same with the first Darkrai and Getus if it wasn't him who got it first :P

12. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    You guys are evil lol.

Shiny Vulpix is probably one of the pokémon I would want to not run into because Marine would hunt me down if I got one before her probably. XD

13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    And this is news to you? I thought everyone was firmly convinced I was some form of evil incarnate, even if not to a massive degree as might be expected.

I'm not actively trying to find a shiny Vulpix, of course, but I would like Fate to play into my hands in this instance, if only because it would be absolutely hilarious.

14. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Nope is not. XD

If there was a way to increase the shiny chance on the site like in the games I might hunt shinies actively on the site but since there's not is kinda hard to do that. Would still really like to get a shiny charmander and totodile.

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I believe it is possible to increase the shiny chance. Based on what you told me, the Catcher doesn't count shiny versions and regular versions as separate (and I confirmed this with my own findings).
    So I believe how it works is that, first the Catcher rolls the encounter itself, then it rolls a separate check to determine if it becomes shiny or not. If so then it comes up as such; else it displays the normal picture.

Thus, because it's a separate check, it rolls a separate number, since shiny species aren't separate encounters in the table, but rather a separate 'column', determining if an encounter is shiny versus not. You can therefore adjust that shiny chance number independently of the encounter table.

This is all conjecture of course, but it seems highly likely that is the case. I'd have to look at the 'guts' of the Catcher for sure, but I think this would be more than just coincidence.

16. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Don't think I understand all you're saying but yeah it doesn't count them as different species, from what I understood about the catcher talks is that it rolls for image to see if is shiny or not. I'm not good with tech talks and all that so sorry for being a tad stupid here despite being the previous Safari mod I understand very little on how the catcher actually works when we go deeper than it rolls to see what pops up.

17. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I finally got a Dratini! So happy right now!

18. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Aaaaye congrats! Dratini finally decided to show up, is probably the mon I see the least despite being a lot in the Safari Zone.

19. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    You basically got the gist of it. I spoke in a rather 'tech-y' manner, but you did understand what I was attempting to convey perfectly well.

20. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Aaaaah good so I'm not completely stupid.