1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Gym Leader?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Beffie, Mar 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Flannery. Definitely Flannery. She's such an interesting character with so much potential...and yet she is seen once or twice and is never seen again. She has a truly interesting backstory that I wish was elaborated more. Maybe as an after-story thing.
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jeydis likes this.
  2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I have always been a fan of Winona. She was the first Leader to actually beat me the first time around (Dragon Dance/Earthquake Altaria wrecked me >_>) and she rocks that hairstyle with grace and elegance.

I've also always loved Brock due to him being hilarious in the anime, and also for the fact that I've dressed up as him for Halloween more than once (I have very tan skin, pointy eyebrows, and Asian line eyes XD).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Fantina is a phenomenal gym leader I think, not because of her team (although I do love ghost types), but because of the fact that she's a foreigner. That was really important to me, because I know how it feels to live in a foreign country and Fantina is so confident, even when she's outside her home country! She's also a coordinator, and I love contests ^_^

The Striaton brothers have always been memorable for me, since it took me ages to beat them (I didn't know about the Dreamyard, so I never got that Panpour to beat Chili! Man, that was a lot of grinding...) but even though they gave me so much trouble, I still love them a lot.

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Yeah, those leaders were also great (I think Winona beat me in my first Emerald playthrough too).

Honestly, outside of Roxanne and Emerald's Juan, Hoenn had a lot of great gyms and Gym Leaders. ^_^

5. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I need to add Ramos. I love his Whippersnapper comment and the fact he is so chiiill.

6. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Same here actually, I have always liked her dedication and drive. She was especially endearing in Alpha/Omega with that adorable klutziness. Really fun design as well, just what I would do if I headed a fire gym. ;)

7. ShinyDewott

Vanity
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽54.9
    Ever since I saw Ramos' gym he instantly became one of my favorites. I mean, has anyone actually seen a tree house library before? Let alone using one as a gym? That's beyond creative and amazing.

Also Clair because of her amazing shiny Druddigon. <3

8. PokemonGuardian2000

Pidgeotto
    (Pidgeotto)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽74.2
    My favorite gym leader from the Pokémon anime is Clair. She has always been my favorite gym leader from the Pokémon anime, because she cares about Pokémon, she takes care of the dragon holy land. Clair also takes time to apend time with her best Liza who runs the charific valley.

9. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Morty and Wallace! No real reason though I just got really attached to them when I played the games.

10. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    My favorite would have to be giovanni, it was interesting when I first played the games (I hadn't watched the anime or anything else at the time because I was young) that the leader of Team Rocket was also the final gym leader you faced, I also like that he was able to keep the facade of the gym leader up whilst doing criminal activities.

11. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Did I never answer my own thread lmao

My favorite Gym Leaders include Skyla, Jasmine, and Morty. I just like the aesthetic they have tbh.

But hence my current icon as of posting this, my ultimate favorite Gym Leader is probably Wallace. I've probably established myself as Wallace trash at this point solely because I love everything about him. I love the aesthetic, the personality, and the character himself hehe.

also i like juan a bit but he only showed up for one game so i cant say much on that

12. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    There are so many great Gym Leaders to choose from! Some of my favorites are...

• Erika
    • Sabrina
    • Jasmine
    • Winona
    • Tate and Liza
    • Juan
    • Maylene
    • Elesa
    • Iris
    • Clemont
    • Valerie
    • Olympia

13. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I'd say Volkner is probably my favourite.
    I like pretty much all of Gen 3's gym leaders too, and also quite a few from Gen 5.

14. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    That right there. I love that guy, I never had a super clear answer on this until he showed up xD
    I also like Crasher Wake... Not sure why, but I do.