1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite New Pokémon

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by BZRich64, Nov 18, 2019.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    There are around ~80ish new Pokémon (plus 13 Galarian forms of old Pokémon) introduced in the new Pokémon games, with plenty of varied designs and sources of inspiration. Naturally, everyone is going to have their own opinions on all of these new Pokémon and this is the place to share some of those opinions! Specifically, feel free to talk about your favorite Pokémon and why you like them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I can't say I like many of the new Pokémon - the Fossils are suffering - but Rookidee is adorable friend-shaped birb and if anyone disagrees they're wrong.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    DoctorFlygon likes this.
  3. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Polteageist and Alcremie are still my favorites. I haven’t really familiarized myself with a lot of the new Pokémon (I’ve only seen most of them once or twice)

4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I haven't exactly seen every single one of them yet (No leaks for me), but so far my favorite is Appletun.

He is a literal sweetie pie and I love him to bits. <3

5. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I haven't played the game yet, but just by looking at the Pokémon and going off of my initial instinct, I really like Impidimp and his evolution line. I liked impidimp since it was leaked. I love that it's a dark/fairy type, because in some lores imps are dark fairies. I was so excited to see that Impidimp had two evolutions. Secondary evolutions usually look like they're going through an awkward teenage phase, but Morgrem looks like a teenager who is embracing his awkwardness, and looks cool because of it. And then there's Grimmsnarl. I love the design, and his Gigantamax form...I don't know what's going on with it, but I like that too. Design and typing wise, I just love these Pokémon, and am really hoping that I'll like them just as much when I use them in the game.

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I haven't seen all the mons yet but so far is still Yamper, I love the little fat corgi.

7. DoctorFlygon

DoctorFlygon myagical girl

PokéPoints:
    ₽81.2
    i'm mostly going off designs and concepts here since i'm not exactly far into the game myself, but i'm REALLY happy with the new mons this gen and picking favorites is hard, so i'll just say some of the coolest ones off the top of my head:
    • morpeko was instantly my new favorite pikaclone. i guess i'm a fan of how it's a fair bit more roguish than the other pikas we've seen over the years, being this chubby little bastard hamster that enters a berserk state when it's hungry and being electric/dark (which doubles as a pleasant surprise for a pikaclone and a cool type combo we'd been waiting on for a long time). it just has a type of personality and i guess "edge" to it that's refreshing for the normally standard cutesy electric rodents we're used to, and it's also like a silly cross between pikachu, hamtaro and monokuma design-wise and i'm absolutely here for that... and also the fact it turns into a violent and sinister form when it gets "hangry" is great.
    • dragapult and its whole line is bizarre in a way that's also completely sick, and by that i mean it's a floating fighter jet dragon that has ghostly powers, for some reason, and i love it. they're just these bizarre and unique but awesome concept for not just a dragon line in Pokémon, but dragon/ghost specifically - i wouldn't have guessed that combo from the leaked images we had, but the way drakloak and dragapult float and other elements of their design make them feel ghostly in a very unique kind of way. overall, just a menacing and weird and Very Cool pseudo i'm a big fan of.
    • i'm a huge fan of the new evolutions for galarian variants not just because new evolutions for old Pokémon was one of my biggest wishes for the series i thought they'd never go back to except for eevee post-gen 4, but because it plays into the whole real-world evolutionary cool factor behind regional variants to have them develop new traits and develop new evolutions entirely from them. i love all of the new evolutions we got, but i think obstagoon and perrserker are my favorites - obstagoon being this crazy punk rock badger is just cool in general, but i also love how it being this rockin' anthro badger is just something that wouldn't work from hoennian linoone, but makes total sense for the galarian line, and perrserker is sick because it goes in a completely different direction for a meowth evolution of turning into this berserk wolverine viking cat with a crazy beard and yet it just works perfectly (and is just an insanely cool concept to me in the first place).
    besides them, i gotta give mention to all the starter lines this time around, who i love the evolution processes of concept-wise and just think look great all-around, the rookidee line for dethroning starly's family in being probably my favorite regional bird line overall design-wise (though staraptor's still my favorite as far as the fully-evolved early birds go), grapploct and its pre-evo for having amazing designs and concepts and one of the greatest Pokémon names of all time, mr. rime for being the mr. mime evolution i've wanted for most of my life even if its type combo with its stats is somewhat of a damper on how sick that is, hatterene for being... very sassy and neat, and greedent for being this ridiculous chungus-looking disney squirrel who's got some surprisingly cool tricks up its sleeve.

8. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Boltund is now my favorite dog Pokémon, which finally demoted Growlithe's line to being my second favorite I don't know if it evolves, but I'll find out. I also like Toxtricity. It was worth looking at Toxel's long enough to see it evolve. Outside of them, I don't have any clear favorite Galar Pokémon, mostly because I haven't seen them all yet, but I admit, I do like all three starter final evolutions.

9. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Now that the games are out I can say I honestly like a lot of the new mons. Toxtricity, Appletun and Clobbopus are in my top picks so far. I havent used him much yet but I love the animations on Perrserker as well.

Galarian Stunfisk has been a sleeper hit for me. The ability is neat and its movepool is pretty interesting.

10. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Polteageist, Sirfetch’d, Hatterene and Boltund were definitely my four favorite members on my team. They were all useful and I love their designs. Falinks, Snom, Mr. Rime, and Dragapult have quickly grown on me.

11. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Definitely love Dragapult, Centiskorch, Corviknight, Falinks and I think Inteleon is pretty cool. There's some others that have been growing on me but overall I think it was a pretty good gen for new Pokémon

12. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Appletun and Flapple are my two faves. Love these lil fellas so much.
    Dragapult, Snom, the Impidimp line, Inteleon and Dracovish are close runners up.

Zamazenta, Mr Rime, Runerigus, Grookey, Toxtricity (especially Low Key form), Hatterene line, Rillaboom, Falinks, Corviknight, Grapploct and Cursola are amazing too, and as much as I hated it at first, I will admit Cinderace as grown on me a lot. Still my least favorite of the starter evos tho.

#12 Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019