1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Pokémon & Why?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Nov 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Pizza Bandit

Pizza Bandit Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Looks like you're a big fan of Dark types. It's neat you list Luxray too; I always thought Luxray looked like it should be Dark/Electric.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Yeah... I love my dear dark types. xD
    Yeah. When my Shinx first evolved into Luxio I thought it was Electric/Dark. Even though it's not I can't help but like Luxray a lot. Face it Pikachu, Luxray will always be the better electric Pokémon. xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Growlithe is my top favourite. Others would be the Cyndaquil line, Lucario, Ampharos, Moltres, and Dragonite

4. EmeraldGlee

EmeraldGlee DESPAIR FOR ME!

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Me? Ahh.. that's so hard to choose. I seem to have a different favorite every game but so far...Meowth. PMD Meowth...ah~ the memories. Also, Bellossom and Umbreon. XD,

5. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Totally Typloshion, he is awesome. And been my fav since I first player Pokémon Silver

6. rosefleur

rosefleur School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Man, this is a hard question...I guess if I can only pick ONE I would have to say Psyduck because he is hilarious, though he is very closely followed by several others.

7. midnightclubx

midnightclubx Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.9
    Litwick line (especially the first two, because I like them both equally), of course. : )

Also Rotom, Drifloon/Drifblim, Maractus, Oshawott, and Froakie are off the top of my head right now. XD

8. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    as a top 5 in order

1: Typlosion
    2: Blaziken
    3: Starmie
    4: Blastoise
    5: Infernape
    6: Mightyena

9. Slaking

Slaking School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Messed up the post. Try to do it again...

10. Slaking

Slaking School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Isn't it obvious? Slaking! I also like Flareon. These Pokémon remind me and awful lot of my favorite characters from Regular Show and Adventure Time. Here's some artwork that attests to them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW: I mean Skips. And no, I don't know why they drew Quips like that...

11. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    I like the second picture,

I like Flareon, but inddd he is weak. He hardly knows any fire moves

12. Pizza Bandit

Pizza Bandit Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Finally decided on Meowth. I've liked it for as long as I can remember. I've even got this giant Meowth pillow from 1999. Plus I love having a Meowth with Pay Day + Pick Up ability.

13. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    My top five favourite Pokémon would have to be:
    1. Rayquaza (legend of the sky)
    2. Gengar (master of disaster)
    3. Salamence (wrath of the dragons)
    4. Metagross (stone cold steel)
    5. Sableye (gemstone maniac)
    Absol, Lucario, Palkia and Darkrai are all honourable mentions.

14. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    what I do notice is that I like using my Umbreon.
    but like I said ever since my first pkm Silver game, I always name my pkm the same
    so Umbreon is called Hao
    (Guess I called it after my ultimate ffav anime chara) no clue what I thought back than hihi

15. ScreamoShaymin

ScreamoShaymin PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Shaymin is my favorite and always will be!

16. MetaSylvy

MetaSylvy Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Sylveon! I kinda fell in love with it when I first saw it. My favourite had always been Eevee anyway, but when Sylveon was announced I had a crisis where I didn't know who my favourite was. In the end though, it was gonna be Sylvy. :3
    Others are of course Eevee, all the Eeveelutions, Mew, Butterfree, Pichu, Absol and Flygon. I can't really think, I'm sure there are more.

17. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    Absol. I see myself like an Absol, misunderstood. Absol is also the disaster Pokémon, said to cause disasters wherever it goes, even though it's just trying to help by warning people. I'm a huge klutz, and I cause a disaster wherever I go. SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

But seriously, Absol.

18. MissLight

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Mienshao, Luxray, Frosslass, Ninetails, and the eeveelutions <3

19. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I'm sorry, but I'm reading my reasoning for liking Umbreon and I want to shoot myself in the face because of how stupid I sounded. Why did I only say the nostalgic reasons? That's just... I'm angry I did that now...

So...

While the reasons above are still accurate, they're not it.
    * It's based on a feline/fox which is cool. They're two animals that I rather like. I'm more of a dog person than a cat one, but that's beside the point.
    * I like the idea behind Eevee. It evolves into a Pokémon of your choice. Umbreon itself is my favorite, but the whole concept of Eevee is something I really like.
    * The rings on it's body resemble solar eclipses which really enforce the idea of it being the "Moonlight Pokémon".
    * It's role in the anime was good. It was portrayed as being Gary's ace Pokémon all throughout Johto. Up until the Johto League I figured that Eevee must have been Gary's first Pokémon, and I must admit that I was disappointed when it turned out to be Blastoise.
    * I like how well some of the moves it can learn through TMs can make it's seemingly bad movepool turn great. I like to teach them Toxic, that way the bad attack stat isn't as much of a problem with Toxic slowly cutting your opponents HP, and Toxic also does more damage each turn. Shadow Ball, and Dark Pulse are moves I like, well, I admit it. I like the sound Dark Pulse makes... Shadow Ball is one of the strongest Ghost Type attacks, so I definitely like having it on one of my Pokémon. Why I choose Umbreon in particular is more or less because of how reliable it's defenses are. In most games I finish off the move set with Attract. Yes, it's based on luck, but it's a move that cuts your opponents chances of hitting. The held item I give them is Leftovers because then they slowly gain HP when it's defenses aren't good enough.
    * I generally prefer defensive Pokémon. Umbreon is that. I like to go more on the defensive and find more strategic ways to take down opponents. If you didn't just skip through that whole "this is what I do to Umbreon when I'm angry" thing then you know I like Toxic and Attract.

Blah, blah, blah... Yeah... It's a bit incomplete, but this explanation will make me feel a lot better about myself that that last post. Yes, they are part of the reason why I like it, but I can't believe that those were the only ones I mentioned...

20. EmeraldGlee

EmeraldGlee DESPAIR FOR ME!

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Ooohh!! I really love Whimsicott right now! Any grass type really appeals to me, but Whimsicott has wormed itself in my heart~