1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    We noticed you aren't logged in, and we'd absolutely love for you to join us by clicking Sign Up! Lake Valor is a Pokémon community dedicated to bringing fans together. You can catch Pokémon, take them on an adventure through the site by levelling them up and even evolve them. There's something for everyone at Lake Valor. Best of all - signing up is free! We hope to see you join us. If you already have an account, then login and start discussing!
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite game LIKE Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by VIctoryStar34IsBack, Oct 10, 2017.

1. VIctoryStar34IsBack

67%
    Local Time:
    12:36 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽78
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    NO, it CANNOT be Pokémon!

To be honest, either Digimon or Yo-kai Watch.

But seriously, no Pokémon or I'll hunt you down.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JukeboxJukain

JukeboxJukain Ya Boi Goozma
    VIP

62%
    Local Time:
    6:36 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16
    Battle Points:
    ★1
    Jaw Fossil ★★★Razz Berry ★★Bicycle ★★
    I had this dragon-raising game I loved to play on my iPad years back. Forget the name, but what's not there to like about raising a bunch of different dragons and battling them in a turn-by-turn minigame? I remember my favorite being this purple serpentine dragon with blue clouds on its back.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PokemonFan26

PokemonFan26 Black Belt

66%
    Local Time:
    11:36 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽74
    Battle Points:
    ★6
    I rather liked playing Pocket Morty's a while back, which was very similar to Pokémon but with Rick & Morty characters.

4. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon.
    Supporter

84%
    Local Time:
    2:36 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,008
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Poké Doll ★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I've not played a Digimon game in years but I'm playing the new Digimon mobile game and enjoying it so far! (Digimon Links I think it's called?)

5. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~
    VIP

64%
    Local Time:
    8:36 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽663
    Battle Points:
    ★2
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Pokémon
    Shin Megami Tensei has been described as Pokémon with demons, so I'll go with that. Although, I do remember a game called Spectrobes that I played on the Wii.

There's also Dragon Quest Joker. Great game series. It's not a Pokémon clone like people seem to believe.

6. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid
    VIP

72%
    Local Time:
    8:36 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽537
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    ...Digimon
    It's actually my gateway to Pokémon lol
    Before I even had a GBA, I played the original playstation and Digimon World was my favourite game. It was basically a super-upgraded Tamagotchi with combat since your partner digimon has a limited lifespan and its evolution depends on how you raise it.

7. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

29%
    Local Time:
    7:36 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13
    Battle Points:
    ★11
    Black Glasses ★★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Soothe Bell ★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Back when I was a kid, I used to love Digimon World 3 and Disney's Spectrobes alongside Pokémon. Now, I'm in love with Monster Hunter Stories, which is very similar to Pokémon in RPG standards, but with many of the mechanics and monsters of Monster Hunter put into it. It's really fun.

8. nduns

nduns Pokémon Professor

49%
    Local Time:
    6:36 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    There's always Shin Megami Tensei, which, interestingly enough, was technically the first monster collection video game franchise ever made. It just came out in Japan 3 years before Pokémon. Most of the Digimon games to me are good but not great, save for Cyber Sleuth, which is amazing. Monster Rancher's good in its own right, Monster Racers, I think deserved more attention, Fossil Fighters of course, Dragon Quest Monsters is awesome. I guess Monster Hunter Stories technically counts... maybe, possibly. Puzzles & Dragons is really good. And of course, Yokai Watch. Why this is the one franchise every Pokémon fan likes to single out (Alongside Digimon) now while none of them got after Fossil Fighters despite it being just as well known here is beyond me.

9. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King
    Social Team Supporter

98%
    Local Time:
    9:36 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽50
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I think the Digimon and Spectrobes games were fairly similar and good games.

10. vaporwave

vaporwave Always Confused
    VIP

76%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽106
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    FlightRising, which is the same thing as what @JukeboxJukain was describing ^^

11. ShinigamiMiroku

ShinigamiMiroku Kindler

44%
    Local Time:
    7:36 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Persona 4 and Fire Emblem

12. DelphoxError

DelphoxError Swimmer

60%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    A FELLOW FLIGHTRISING USER WOH
    there's this ipad game i downloaded years back called Bread Kittens thats basically Pokémon with cats and bread;;

13. kindred

kindred Black Belt

54%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽54
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Probably Digimon, to be fair. i played a digimon app a while back that was somewhat similar to Pokémon. it was very addicting.

14. Vegeta

Vegeta Hyperion
    Contributor

93%
    Local Time:
    2:36 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽180
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Digimon, yo. Particularly in recent years. I suppose I got tired of Pokémon when fairy type was added and annoying gimmcks like mega forms and z-moves came into play.

Had tons more fun playing Digimon World Next Order than Pokémon Sun, so there's that too.