1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favourite Ultra Beast/s?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Ethereal, Mar 3, 2018.

?

Best UB

1. Nihilego

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Buzzwole

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pheromosa

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Xurkitree

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  5. Celesteela

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Kartana

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  7. Guzzlord

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. Poipole/Naganadel

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  9. Stakataka

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  10. Blacephalon

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    My personal favorite is Kartana. Not only is it the best UB to me, it is also one of my favourite Pokémon. I've been a fan ever since its model was leaked. Of course it wasn't until I saw this gif that I was completely sold.
    [​IMG]
    My favourite things about Kartana are it's design and typing. It looks interesting and odd (like most of the UBs, obviously), but at the same time manages to look super freaking cute. Honestly, in my opinion, Kartana has to be one of the cutest Pokémon. Something about it just wants to make me "sqeeee". The only other Pokémon I've had this reaction to are Snivy and Spritzee, two other faves of mine.
    Along with loving it's design, I really enjoy using Kartana in-game. It's a shame it's found post-game, otherwise I'd totally have one on my main playthrough team.
    Oh, and did I mention it has a really nice shiny? Just look at it!

Besides Kartana, my other favourite UBs are Xurkitree and Celesteela. Both of them look great in my opinion. Stakataka is pretty neat as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Xurkitree all the way. I just love it's design because it just looks erratic and crazy, like electricity actually is. Plus I just like it's movements because it's basically a squid that walks like Squidward.

I also love Blacephalon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I really like Pheromosa. It looks really pretty. I think Blacephalon and Poipole are close seconds. Naganadel is the only thing keeping me from liking Poipole the most.

4. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    In competitive terms, Pheromosa - an actual glass cannon and can outspeed almost anything. In aesthetic terms, Guzzlord is just terrifying.

5. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Personally, Kartana and Poipole are my favorite. I love the blade aspects of Kartana along with the paper thin blades. Its such a cool looking Pokémon. As for Poipole, I think its about time Pokémon got a somewhat good stinger Pokémon. Before this, if I want anything stinger related, I'd half to use Beedrill(there are others with stingers, but I'm thinking where the Pokémon is based around the stinger). I love the idea of using a powerful stinger like Pokémon, and right now, this is the only viable one.

6. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I like Celesteela, Nihilego, and Pheromosa the most. Although I do think Poipole is adorable, I haven't used it enough in battle (or it's evo) to like it enough yet. Celesteela is my favorite overall, mainly because of its design and how well it can fit on competitive teams. It is also incredibly versatile and I love that. I've used Nihilego and Pheromosa a ton in battle as well and like them a lot because of that. They can be devastating sweepers if your opponent isn't cautions. Like Celesteela, they both have sleek designs as well.

7. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Have to go with Nihilego, I really like using it and it's my favorite design wise. Naganadel is probably a second but I'm not far enough in the game to know what it's like to use.

8. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Gotta say, the Ultra Beasts aren't my favorite. I don't care much for them. But, I really like Pheromosa's design. It's sleek, elegant, and regal, and it has a pretty sick shiny too. Kartana is also very interesting (I'd even say adorable) design wise.

9. Airsetla

Airsetla Swimmer

Twilight Gap
    (Zekrom Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽124.9
    Some of the Ultra Beasts are cool. However, even with the ones that I do like, most of them have little things that don't really appeal to me in their design. I love Naganadel because it has quite an interesting take on the whole "poison dragon" look and it has a heckin' nice little face, but the size of its stinger just seems strangely off to me. If it didn't have it, or it wasn't as big as it is, Naganadel would probably take the cake as one of my all-time favorites (though it's still close!).

Inb4 I warm up to Naganadel after taking another look at him because I was reminded of the existence of the UBs.

#9 Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Vigilance likes this.
  10. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I wish I liked Pheromosa more so that I could theme myself as Zeromosa, but I sadly don't. The aesthetics are weird and it's just too fragile for my tactical style, Buzzwole is more my type.

Overall, my favorite is probably Xurkitree. I love Ingrain, its stats match my philosophy very well, and it has an agreeable moveset. It's just overall very good for me.

I know the topic isn't about least favorites, but I can't stand Blacephalon. Any time I see it, I can't imagine how it got approved on the creative process. It's up there with Sigilyph and Barbaracle on the Pokémon whose designs I simply can't stand, and I'd rather use Chandelure as a fire-ghost special attacker any day.

11. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Nihilego and Celesteela will always be my favourites along with Poipole.

12. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Mega Beedrill is incredibly good when used correctly.

Anyway, about my favorite UB's. Kartana is awesome. It's design and role in battle make it really fun to use. It's a shame it can die to a level 20 with ember. However, I also love Stakataka. I think it is underrated in the Pokémon community as opposed the say, Celesteela or Xurkitree. I love it's design, despite what most people think about it. It has incredible stats, and a good movepool. It is the best Trick Room user in Pokémon history. If only it had better typing, I could see it at the top of the metagame. Maybe Steel Ghost or Rock Ghost. Also don't kill me, but Poipole is overrated. It's not that cute guys.

13. LovableLuxray

LovableLuxray Ace Trainer

Amy
    (Shinx)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽126.1
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I like stakataka for a couple reasons. One, the shiny is nice and I have one. Two, it's cute in Pokémon refresh.

14. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    My favorite is Phermosa, they hit like a truck and I really like the design of this one. Celesteela is also one that I enjoy.

15. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Mine are Xurkitree and Naganadel, one because of how ridiculously strong it is and the other because is a really neat type combo and have a very fitting design.