1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Final Fantasy

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Eru Iluvatar, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eru Iluvatar

Eru Iluvatar Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    [​IMG]
    Final Fantasy is a series of RPG games that have spanend over two decades long. Some of us have grown up with it, some of us have only found it recently. The one thing that all of us can agree on, however, is that Final Fantasy is absolutely amazing.​
    With over a dozen titles (in English alone), Final Fantasy has brought forth some of the best music, best characters, best stories and best memories in all of gaming.​
    In here, we can discuss this amazing series and all it has to offer!​
    To start off, here's a nice question (that I'm curious as to what the answer is);​
    What is your favourite title in the series and why?
    For me, I'll have to say it's Final Fantasy IV for the Nintendo DS. It was the first Final Fantasy game I played and it was what got me into the series. Keeping aside nostalgia, FFIV also showcased cutting-edge graphics and voice-over cutscenes, something that was revolutionary for an NDS game, at least for me. I fell in love with the characters and the plot ten minutes into the game and I didn't stop till it was over. It was quite the ride and I doubt I'll ever forget it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    If you liked FF4 on the DS, then I really recommend you try FF4 Complete on PSP. The graphics and all go back to 2D (but a very nice and smooth 2D), and it also includes the After Years and Interlude, making it a very long game with a very complete story that's worth the money.

I started with 10, but since then I've played most of the series. Let me thing... 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 12, Tactics PSP (same as PS1, but with better translation), and Dissidia. I also tried 3, 8, and 14, but none of those really got me.

My favorite is either 6 or 12. 6 Had a complete and fulfilling story and what felt like a world that was actively in danger (as opposed to 1, where the danger already passed and 10, where the danger was just looming). 12 I liked the setting, characters, enemies, battle, and all that stuff. I just wish Vaan wasn't the main character, but Basch or Ashe instead.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eru Iluvatar

Eru Iluvatar Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Sadly, I do not own a PSP. xD

FFVI was absolutely amazing. It has the best soundtrack from all them, in my opinion, and the story was quite gripping too! Memorable locaions, events and characters just make it all the more awesome.

4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    Ho boy...that's a hard one...If I had to pick one, I would have to say 4, 8 or 12

8 was my first one, and I liked watching Squall's transformation from loner to someone that cared

4 has everything, memorable characters, great music, and an at times over the top story that would've been right at home in the era of old timey serials

12 had memorable characters (I STILL think Balthier is a dead ringer for Captain Jack Sparrow), great worldbuilding, and so much to do outside the main quest

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    My favorites are 2 and 14.

2 because of the sheer amount of freedom you have when deciding on which character is gonna be what and then the characters themselves too.

14, well 14-2 really since the first 14 got closed down. I just kinda got addicted to it, is different than most of the other FF mainline game though since is an MMO. I love the story, lore and landscape in that game and the music, oh I love the music is some of it best in the series imo.

7-9 are also games I have a lot of fond memories of, especially 9 since it was the first FF game I played.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.