1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fond gaming memories

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Halcyon Storm, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    The moment you beat the final boss with just one heart left...
    The one time you actually weren't spoiled for a game's story, and a plot twist really hit you hard...
    Or the first time you caught a shiny Pokémon...

We all have moments in gaming we will never forget. Moments so impactful, we'll always carry them around in our hearts. Often times it's directly linked with a love for the game itself, but in some cases it can also make you hate a game, when things don't go your way. What are some of those moments for you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,697.9
    STABBING MORPHA IN THE EYE!!!!!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Finding and catching my first random shiny infront of my cousin while I was explaining the random chances of finding a shiny to him.
    Reaching that ONE FAR OFF ISLAND in Tree Tops in Spyro with only 1 speed ramp (and one normal ramp) while my mom watched me play (it's a very hard trick, but you can find videos about it on youtube. I pulled it off only one other time..)

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Catching my fir, no scratch that. Finding my first shiny was a different experience all on its own. It was like 15 years in the making and I still remember it like yesterday. Lulu the Camerupt is now my breeder.

5. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    It's nothing big, but I remember playing th original Sims, getting my radio stolen in the middle of the night and being unable to do anything about it.

And I can't argue against getting your first shiny, it was a really exciting experience for me as well.

6. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I remember the time when me and like everyone at my school had Halo 3 and Reach. On Fridays we'd all jump into an 8 man party and take on the rest of the world. It was everyone from sports jocks to the loner at or school and we all actually became a loose band of pretty good friends

7. JellyBunnyBeans!

JellyBunnyBeans! PKMN Breeder

Cuti
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.3
    Getting constantly target when I was playing Amaterasu on SMITE by a Skadi, then a Susano in the next match. They clearly wanted to stop me getting levels as Amaterasu is a late game wrecking ball if done right.
    I got it to 20 seconds cool down for my ultimate.

Every time Skadi set that bloody wolf of hers on me, I'd send it running back to her with a warcry of "Goodbye Kaldr, No one likes you, furry m*****f*****"
    The rivalry between me and Susano was interesting as Amaterasu is actually his sister so we spent ages in the match targeting each other

8. FrennyDaFren

FrennyDaFren School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.4
    That one moment when I stole something on accident in Fallout 3... I was afraid to do anything bad to anyone after that.
    I know it doesn't sound all that emotional... but to me it was a complete nightmare! I was wondering why everyone started to attack me all at once! AND IT SAVED RIGHT AFTER THAT! So I kept respawning at the exact moment where I stole the "super important" fork.
    I had to go back to a previous save file... ugh...

9. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    I've had the Lion King video game for about as long as I can remember. But it gets so difficult around the later levels that I didn't actually beat it for the first time until I was 14 or so... Even if it took me over a decade, getting to the final level and seeing the ending screen for the first time was a really satisfying moment.

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    One of my favorite MMOs is Guild Wars 2. It's such an incredible cinematic game. During one of the last story missions in the main story where everyone is fighting for their lives, the sounds of the battle fade away and an orchestral version of the main theme starts to play. The only other thing you can hear are the shouts of your allies as your being overrun by undead. Then, at the last moment, the NPC you follow into the quest manages to revive the life in the dying land. Plants sprout out and the room is filled with light. It was so awesome!

I haven't played the game myself, but I've been watching Markiplier's playthrough of Subnautica. I don't want to spoil that too much since it's kind of newer, but the entire voice of the deep expansion was just amazing.

11. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    One of my favorite memories was when I watched my sister play through Explorers of Sky. I loved watching the story unfold with her. It's what made me want to get EoS so I could play with her!

Another memory was booting up my first Pokémon game, Pokémon Pearl. My mother just gave it to us without warning, and it was so fun learning about Pokémon with my sister.

12. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    My fondest memory is finally beating Lucian in Diamond and Pearl.

I first played those games when I was 8-9 years old, so I was still getting used to type effectiveness. Unfortunately, I still hadn't learned how to build a team, so the only Pokémon that were strong enough to challenge the Elite Four were my infernape, roserade and pelliper. Two of them were weak against psychic types. I don't know how many times I challenged Lucian and failed, but when I finally did win against him, it was one of the greatest accomplishments I had done in my life. By then, my Pokémon were so over-levelled that fighting Cynthia was a walk in the park. Since then, I've always been wary of the psychic type.

13. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    Yache Berry ★★Amulet Coin ★★★Skull Fossil ★★★
    Me beating Sans in less than 15 attempts. (This is still my proudest gaming achievement.)
    Finishing a 100% playthrough of Kirby's Return to Dreamland on Extra Mode by myself. ('Twas hard, I tell you.)

14. JellyBunnyBeans!

JellyBunnyBeans! PKMN Breeder

Cuti
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.3
    Quad kill as Hanzo in Overwatch without using my ultimate :) Shortly followed by a Quintuple Kill as Tank form Bastion

15. KrazyK

KrazyK The KRAZYEST member on LV!!!

Laxus
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽98.7
    Beast Ball ★★★★Thunder Stone ★★★Lucky Punch ★★★★★
    Yes Pokémon mystery dungeon series
    (Blue rescue team and explorer of darkness) i cried:,)

16. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    At me with that story, Skittles. EoS is my favorite PMD game for that very reason. Such a fantastic story, and beautiful drawn out as well.

Though I have to say, one of my favorite video game memories will always be playing Destiny with my girlfriend for the first time and watching her bumble around this game that I knew so well. That was funny, and it really built a bond between us.

17. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    I have fond memories of playing Red Alert 2 with my dad during the school holidays when I was in primary school.

18. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Kingdom Hearts. Just after defeating the gigantic Heartless and getting kicked out of Destiny Islands... Squall Leonhart showing up around a corner and challenging Sora to a duel. I was bouncing with excitement when he showed up.

19. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Nothing serious. But I remember that one time, while i playind sims, my character almost burned the house down from making a salad.

20. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Preface: My dad has passed away now.

But my dad was super into Pokémon along with me and he was super hype with me when I finally got to the red gyarados and was cheering me on! It was so nice.