1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Greninja

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Thechaosmaster, Jan 18, 2017.

1. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Personally speaking, I used the Greninja a lot, and it really helped, but it's defense stats... need improvement, to say the least. I had difficulty using it late game because it couldn't OHKO everything anymore, and it's defenses weren't good enough to survive multiple hits. I still enjoyed having it, but I think I could have done just as well without it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Honestly I've never been a fan of this Greninja... :( With how high levelled it is, it'd have made the playthrough too easy for me... and that ability too. Yikes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Unreal Shadow Tracker

PokéPoints:
    ₽47.9
    I love Greninja but I avoided using the Sun and Moon Greninja. I think its because I invested so much time in X and Y training them. Its ability seems pretty awesome though.

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,593.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've never been a fan of the Ash-Greninja i think is something that should have stayed in the anime I still haven't transferred it to my game and I honestly think I never will simply because of how much I dislike it. Yes I know is pretty strong but I really don't care about that ever since I first found out it was gonna be part of the demo I've thought they should have kept it in the anime and away from the games.

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    The people I asked dont wanna use it since it is Ash Greninja is drawing in the anime which frustrates them. They don't mind the events like Ash's Pikachu but the special look and change bothers them. Same with the Ash Pikachu hat series, I think they are cool, wanna collect them, but not use them since it is pushing the events too far.

6. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,105.7
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Okay, I began using my Ash-Greninja the moment I completed my second trial. And, to be honest, he's probably one of the coolest Pokémon I have. In fact, I now have him set as my "scout" whenever I go to the Battle Tree. Equip him with a Focus Band, and he's perfect to keep in the front whenever I do battle.

#26 Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017
  7. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I never used it in my main playthroughs because it make it too easy IMO (With its high level, max EVs and all)

8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I like Greninja and have used it a lot during the 6th gen. However, I cannot and will not use Ash-Greninja. The whole Battle bond thing is just weird and I am not even going to touch it. Seriously, I rather have 6 Pikachu with silly hats on my team, than Ash-Greninja.

9. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Okay, I have a confession to make.
    *braces for impact*
    I HATE GRENINJA.
    Before you do anything, hear me out. But it's going in a spoiler because it's a mega-rant. And you don't have to agree with me.
    Okay, screw Greninja. I hate the damn thing. And the worst part is, I actually used to LIKE it.
    Emphasis on USED.
    I just think Greninja was SUCH an over-hyped Pokémon. I mean, taking over from Mewtwo was bad, but the sheer media coverage it got just gets on my nerves. This was the emotional rollercoaster I went through with Greninja.
    -*sees trailer* 'Oh, that's a pretty sweet Pokémon! I'll choose Froakie.' (currently loving Greninja)
    -(to friend) 'So, who'd you choose?' Friend: 'Oh, you know. Froakie because it evolves into Greninja, and Greninja, Greninja, GRENINJA GRENINJA GRENINJA' (currently neutral about Greninja)
    -everybody I've ever talked to: 'GRENINJA GRENINJA GRENINJA' (currently disliking Greninja)
    -THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD, APPARENTLY: 'GRENINJA GRENINJA GRENINJA' (currently hating Greninja with a burning passion brighter than the flames of hell)
    And then THIS comes along.
    ASH-MOTHERFUCKING-GRENINJA.
    GOD I hate this thing.
    It's in the anime, and now it's in the games. I mean, I'm not a big fan of the anime, but I thought I could finally get away from it.
    But fricking NOPE!
    Ash has one of these pieces of crap too. So, NO, I didn't transfer it.
    Maybe I will...once hell freezes over.
    I just typed the word 'Greninja' so much, my fingers hurt.
    #MissingNo

10. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I agree, but to a lesser extent. I love it still, but not as much as I would if people would stop constantly talking about it. And yet it still is not as overrated as Charizard or Pikachu.

11. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Yeah...I probably should have calmed down, ha ha. Well...I think I would have still loved it if people didn't constantly obsess over it. I mean, give credit to Delphox or something.
    #GiraTheGreninjaHater
    #MissingNo

12. ChaoticLupa

Shadow
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽90.7
    I wonder why Ash-Greninja is in the game and given to Sun, it raises a lot of questions... Hmmm

13. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽901.5
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Actually it's given to Sun.

14. ChaoticLupa

Shadow
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽90.7
    I always get the names mixed up, whoops

Arc1Dragon likes this.
  15. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Really prefer Greninja over Ash-Greninja.

Reason 1: The design is maybe a little different but I am still a fan of the common Greninja.

Reason 2: Protean ability.