1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Heart of Gold: Lee's HG Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Junkrat, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Whoa, hey! So, this is my first nuzlocke, and I'm pretty terrified. But a wise man once said the only thing to fear is fear itself. So it's time I pull up my big boy pants and actually attempt at this!

Gen IV is my favorite gen, and since I can't find my Platinum game, I'm going to the next best thing and playing Heartgold. Let's go over the rules, shall we?
    1. I must nickname all Pokémon
    2. Only the first Pokémon of each route can be caught- the only exception is a shiny, in which I can catch it, regardless of it is my first encounter or not.
    3. Dupes clause! If my first encounter is a Pokémon I already have, I can keep trying until I encounter a different Pokémon.
    4. When a Pokémon faints, it is dead. Forever.

Now that that's over, let's begin!

I'm asked if I'm a boy or girl- since I'm more on the masculine side, of course I choose male. I wanted to name my character Slagathore (my name in my Y game), but not enough space... *sigh* I guess Lee will do. I wake up and all the stuff with mom happens. Thanks, mom, for... giving me buttons to save and... change my text speed, I guess.

Onwards to Elm! He gets super excited and he gets an email, and then entrusts me with my very own super new and shiny Pokémon! And without hesitation, I choose Cyndaquil. And I legit sit there for like five minutes trying to figure out his name... should I name him something silly or something normal? I decide to spare him the pain and name him Mason.

So that's happening, and when I head outside I run into Lyra, who- wait, does she not notice that suspicious bright haired kid staring directly into Elm's lab? No? Okay, I guess... anyway, mom thinks Mason is cool, and now my journey of traveling the world with a bunch of fictional animals begins!

Mason

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Good luck fellow nuzlocker. Also your mom is right, Mason is p cool!
    Hope to see you make it to the E4 too!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Junkrat

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    And the journey continues! On the way to Cherrygrove, the old guy gives me his "brand new" running shoes... hand me downs from a stranger? No thanks, but I guess I have no choice... eugh. Anyway, I surprisingly don't run into any Pokémon on my way to Mr. Pokémon's house. I decide to run straight past the first house, but the guy inside stops me and scolds me for running past his amazing house. Um, conceited much? Thanks for the apricorn box, though, I guess...

Anyway, I finally reach the guy's house, and... Oak gives me a Pokédex?? But... wait, isn't that Elm's job... why isn't Elm... okay, never mind. Oh, cool, an egg. Breakfast!

As soon as I step outside, I get a call from Elm, and he's super freaked out. Might as well check to see what's wrong... when I reach that little route between Cherrygrove and Violet, that suspicious bright haired guy approaches me and just kinda starts trash talking me. So naturally, I demolish him with my top percentage Cyndaquil. Thank god he kept spamming Leer. Now we know who the superior starter is

The guy backs off, but not before I catch a quick peek at his trainer card, and I rush to Elm. There's a police guy there. "Okay, officer, I swear I didn't do anything... yet". And of course, he thinks I'm the one who stole a Pokémon from Elm's lab. Good thing Lyra was there to back me up despite Elm knowing where I was, although he hasn't said a word, thanks for backing me up Elm.

And my rival's name is... Karl. Wait, no, I misspelled it by accident. It's Kark. Kark forever and ever. So I give the egg to Elm, and he's hella excited by it, and now I can leave. Finally.

I hurry back to Cherrygrove and I see Lyra just... standing there in the grass. You good Lyra? And she shows me how to catch a Pokémon! C'mon Lyra I'm not a noob...

I'm finally given pokeballs, and which officially begins the start of my nuzlocke! Not too long after that, I run into my first encounter- a Pidgey! Not bad... Mason comes out and I'm like, alright cool, one tackle should be enough. I throw the Pokéball- one shake, two shakes, three shakes...

Shoot! Almost had it!

WHAT THE FU-

Okay, whatever. Maybe another tackle will be enough.

Mason used Tackle! Critical hit! The wild Pidgey fainted!

GODDAMMIT MASON

Well... my very first encounter was a failure. RIP level 3 Pidgey. Onto the next route, I guess... and this time it's another Pidgey! Only she's level 4, and I'm secretly praying Mason won't get super excited and land another critical hit. I get it into the yellow range, and my first catch is successful! Enter Flapjack the Pidgey!

So, I put Flapjack in front 'cause she's a little low leveled, and she totally demolishes every trainer in her path. Damn Pidgey, you scary. She ends up being a couple levels higher than Mason. Okay Flapjack, back in the ol' Pokéball you go. Things are going well so far!

Oh boy, new route (Route 31)! And my first encounter is...!!

... Bellsprout...

Eh, could be worse. Chuck a ball at that thing and catch it! Enter Belle the Bellsprout!

So far, my Pokémon are doing well. I haven't even had to use a potion, so that's a good sign, right? Or is it too early to tell... regardless, I reach the gate to Violet City, and enter Lyra. Apparently she gives me a gift for "surprising" her, but I'm not complaining. Free stuff! I finally make it to Violet City, home of the first gym leader. I'll gonna do some training at Sprout Tower before I try to challenge Falkner, so let's hope things continue going well!

Mason, male, lvl 8
    Serious, good perseverance

Flapjack, female, lvl 7
    Relaxed, proud of its power

Belle, female, lvl 3
    Serious, likes to fight

Mandriel likes this.
  4. Junkrat

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    And so begins the next part of my journey! I realize that Belle not be able to handle Sprout Tower just yet, so I just decide to hit up Dark Cave and train her there with all the Geodudes. I don't catch anything there, instead I just use it as a way for Belle to grow some easy levels. And who cares about Flash? Real trainers run in head first and destroy everything in their path with Bellsprout. Oh, by the way, when I encountered a Zubat, I sent in Flapjack and she misses two tackles in a row. Seriously Flapjack, what am I paying you for?

So after Belle grows a couple levels, I return to Sprout Tower and begin training there. And as I walk past the ladders... doo doo doo doo, first encounter is a Gastly! I send out Mason so he can Leer to weaken the Gastly and Belle can take care of her, and he gets off one Leer before falling asleep. He wakes up a couple turns after and gets paralyzed by a Lick literally the turn after he wakes up. This just isn't your day, is it, Mason?

Anyway, I finally catch the Gastly and name her Gabby, which is the female form of Gabriel (Overwatch ref lol). I train some more, get through all the sages with relative ease, and when I reach the top floor... Kark?! He's being a total jerk to the elder, and seems to be treating his Pokémon badly. Then he goes on a whole spiel about strength and blah blah blah. After defeating the elder, I get the Flash TM and teach it to Belle. Not sure why Bellsprout can learn it and not Cyndaquil, but I shall not question the Nintendo gods.

Now that my team is all strong and beefed up, it's time to fight the Violet gym! Excitement! I decide to put Flapjack in front because she has the highest chance of taking down Falkner easily. I defeat the gym trainers with relative ease, just for some extra EXP, and then right before I fight Falkner I go to the pokemart to buy some potions. 'Cause you never know, right?

And then, the actual battle. Flapjack takes care of his Pidgey rather easily, and then it's the big kahuna (that joke is ahead of its time). I decide to send out Gabby so she can get off a Hypnosis, and as it turns out, his Pidgeotto is faster. I cross my fingers and toes and whatever else I can that Gabby is able to hit a Hypnosis... I guess RNGesus was looking down upon me, because it did! So I switch out Gabby and go into Mason to get off some Leers to weaken Pidgeotto.

After about three turns, it wakes up, and I manage to get in three Leers. Yet for some reason, when I used tackle, it did like no damage to this hacked Pidgeotto. So before something happens to Mason, I switch into my certified beast slayer Flapjack. Thankfully, he uses Roost that turn, so now it's just a showdown between two birds. Flapjack keeps using tackle, and it does a decent amount of damage, but this god forsaken Pidgeotto just spams Roost, so all I can go for is tackle. I use some potions when Flapjack is getting low health, and she has some dangerous close calls, and I start freaking out. But then she lands a critical hit and takes out the Pidgeotto to tell me to STFU.

PRAISE BE TO FLAPJACK

So after I beat up Falkner and take his badge, I go outside and I get another call from Elm. Did someone break into your lab again, dude? No, as it turns out, he wants me to take care of the egg from earlier. So I heal up my team real quick and then head to the pokemart where his assistant is holding the egg. Cool, I guess! When I head outside, this lady in a Kimono just... approaches me and goes off about how that egg is special. Unless this egg holds the secrets to the universe and immortality, I don't wanna hear it lady.

Anyway, after stocking up on some potions, I decide to head down to Route 32, and my first encounter in that little patch of grass is a Wooper! So I send out Belle, since she's just a level higher, and use a Vine Whip... and it takes out the Wooper in one hit. What is up with my Pokémon killing my first encounters?!

I find another Wooper and eventually catch it, and I name her Kat. But then I check her stats and everything and she has a bad nature (Calm) and a less than desirable ability (Damp). I guess this can prevent self destruct deaths, but... oh yay...

Anyway, I continue down and this guy stops me... to give me a plant? Thanks, I guess. So I equip the miracle seed on Belle so her grass moves will be even stronger!

Hopefully things continue to go well! At this rate, I don't have much else to worry about. The next gym is the Azalea Gym, so lets see how that works out!

Mason, level 12
    Tackle, Leer, SmokeScreen, Ember
    Blaze

Flapjack, level 12
    Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust
    Keen Eye

Belle, level 7
    Vine Whip, Growth, Flash (Miracle Seed)
    Chlorophyll

Gabby, level 9
    Quirky, somewhat stubborn
    Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Mean Look
    Levitate

Kat, level 6
    Calm, quick to flee
    Water Gun, Tail Whip, Mud Sport
    Damp

Egg
    ???
    Breakfast??

5. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    "Why can Bellsprout learn Flash?"
    [​IMG]

6. Junkrat

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    It all makes sense now...

7. Junkrat

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    So, I'm back with another update! I decided to attempt to train Kat for a bit, and she barely survived the foe's Rattata, and I mean with one HP. And then we ran into a hella fast Bellsprout who killed her with a Vine Whip... RIP Kat. But I wasn't really attached to her so... but anyway, I'm trying to train Belle, but her very limited moveset makes it really difficult for her to face off against Pokémon (her only attacking move is Vine Whip), and she doesn't learn a decent attacking move until level 23... oh boy.

But my worrying about Belle ends when I reach the fishermen and she quickly gets caught up with the others! I fight a trainer and I send out Mason because it's a Pidgey, and it uses Sand Attack ONCE and suddenly he's blind. When fighting a Spearow, he has a very close call (my Pokémon keep cheating death).

Anyway, I finally enter Union Cave and... my first encounter is a Sandshrew! Not bad... she's pretty low leveled though, only level 6, but I believe in her. And at this point I realize that Mason is surrounded by a bunch of pretty ladies (with the exception of egg, but...). I name the Sandshrew Jamie and immediately teach her Rock Smash. I also teach her Rock Tomb once I get the TM.

I make it through Union Cave, and I catch a Spearow! Not my favorite Pokémon, but I name her Dorito... I have yet to catch a male Pokémon. When I reach Azalea Town, my egg hatches! It's a Togepi, of course, except it has Hustle, and ironically a Calm nature which lowers attack... not interested. I name him Fredrick and deposit him in the PC.

I happen to pass by a scene where two guys, one dressed in black, seem to be in an... argument of some sort. And then the guy in black attacks the other guy! He runs away and the black clad guy stands in front of the well. Jerk... after healing my Pokémon, I go to Kurt's house and he runs over to the well. Okay... so I head back to the well, the guy is gone, and I go down. Turns out while Kurt was making a scene he fell and broke his back or something. Good job, dude. Guess it's up to me to take care of these Team Rocket goons.

I handle them pretty well with Jamie, then I send Gabby up against an Ekans, and she has a VERY close call when it uses Bite (she's left with 2 HP, I nearly had a heart attack). I rush back to the center and stop by the mart to pick up some potions, antidotes, and other stuff. Now I'm ready! I decide not to catch anything in Slowpoke Well 'cause I'm just not interested in them.

After taking care of all the Rocket grunts, I face off against Executive Proton, and beating him is like a walk in the park. Seriously guys, is that the best you can do? Mason levels up, and then... he evolves! I now have a Quilava, I'm so proud of my boy. Kurt comes to congratulate me for beating Team Rocket (with his back magically healed), and we teleport back to Azalea. Next up is the gym, so hopefully that turns out well!

Mason, level 14
    Tackle, Quick Attack, Smokescreen, Ember

Flapjack, level 14
    Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust, Quick Attack

Belle, level 13
    Vine Whip, Growth, Flash, Wrap

Gabby, level 10
    Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Mean Look

Jamie, level 11, female
    Careful, likes to relax
    Scratch, Poison Sting, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb
    Sand Veil

Kat

Dorito

Fredrick

8. Junkrat

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    And the nuzlocke continues! I start off by heading to the left to see if I can catch a new Pokémon, and of course, my sweet and friendly rival Kurk appears and challenges me! I was in no way prepared for this battle, so it really surprised me. So, he sends out his Gastly, and I take care of it with Mason, although it inflicted a curse on him, so I'm like 'great'. His Croconaw, however, is what poses the biggest challenge. It's four levels higher than Mason, so I decide to just spam Smokescreen and pray for some misses. He kept using Scary Face, thank god, so I was able to lower his accuracy quite a bit.

However, he gets off a lucky Water Gun and Mason just barely lives it with one HP. I just about cried right there. I quickly switch him out and go into Belle. He goes back to the Scary Face strategy, so I'm able to get a Growth off. He then switched to using Bite which terrified me, but thankfully, he kept missing. I'm able to finish him by using Wrap for continual damage, and then Vine Whip. His last Pokémon, Zubat, is an easy kill with Jamie's Rock Tomb. Although my team took a beating, they come out victorious!

I quickly heal up and then go to Ilex Forest, and lucky me, my first encounter is a Metapod! I catch her and name her Nina. I'm a bit reluctant to use her, but I'm hoping that she'll end up becoming a legendary slayer Butterfree like Lulu (Pettyartist's Butterfree, for those who don't know). By this time Mason is basically in a harem, being in a team of all females except for him, lol.

Anyway, I enter the gym to fight Bugsy. I take care of his trainers pretty easily, and then the boss battle. My strategy was to have Jamie lead so she can use Rock Tomb and hopefully get an easy kill, but of course, he uses U-Turn the first turn, leaving Jamie at five HP. He goes into Metapod, which the Rock Tomb was supposed to land on, and it ends up missing. Goddammit. So I go into Mason and finish it off with an Ember. Then he switches into his Scyther, which honestly leaves me terrified. Even though his Scyther is naturally faster, it goes for the Quick Attack. I use Ember and I land a lucky and 100% clutch burn, which helps Mason barely survive when Scyther uses Quick Attack and gets a crit- Mason is left with six HP.

Bugsy and I both heal, and I continue using Ember until the burn takes care of it, and all that's left is Kakuna, who I easily beat with Flapjack. Literally, just one Gust takes care of it. Which lets me win the Hive Badge! Honestly, Mason was the star of the match. That burn was just so clutch- I've been getting too lucky in this playthrough.

After healing my Pokémon, I continue on to Ilex and some guy stops me and asks if I can catch his Farfetch'd. Like, seriously dude?! So... I do. It only takes like ten seconds, but that's ten seconds wasted! Then I have to catch a second Farfetch'd and it's just like UGHHHH. But, at least it's nothing like that dreaded Furfrou in XY... *shivers*

Anyway, after doing all that madness, a guy appears and gives me Cut, which I teach to Belle. My journey continues! As I'm strolling along, I run into a kimono lady, like the one in Violet, except she implies she isn't the same person... um, okay? She asks if I can lead her out the forest, and I say yes despite not knowing my way, but Nina shows her instead. I guess it makes sense, she grew up in this forest anyway. After making my way out of Ilex, I go to Route 34 and my first encounter is a Drowzee I name Alexandra. The harem continues...

I avoid trainers because my Pokémon are kinda weak (Alexandra jacked me up) and I do not want to go back through Ilex, so I just try my best to avoid anyone who wants to battle. I pass by a building, and Lyra comes, and apparently her grandparents own the Pokémon daycare. Wow Lyra, it's just, I care so little. Despite that, she drags me into the building to meet her grandma, and Lyra starts freaking out because her grandma thinks we're dating. Aren't we like 11?

Anyway, Lyra gives me her number (which I don't want) and leaves, then I head outside and then her grandpa gives me his number. I don't even have a choice! But whatever. I enter Goldenrod City and hit up a Pokémon center, heal my Pokémon, and things are good. I make the decision to switch out Gabby for Alexandra, because Alex will probably be very useful against Whitney. Gabby just... isn't good, and I don't have anyone to trade with to evolve her into Gengar, so I don't see a point keeping her on the team. Sorry Gabby, I still love you.

And so, the infamous Nuzlocke destroyer Whitney is my next obstacle... wish me luck.

Mason, level 16

Flapjack, level 15

Belle, level 15
    Vine Whip, Poison Powder, Flash, Cut

Jamie, level 13

*NEW
    Nina, level 8
    Brave, mischievous
    Harden
    Shed Skin

*NEW
    Alexandra, level 12
    Naughty, likes to relax
    Pound, Hypnosis, Disable, Confusion
    Insomnia

Kat

Dorito

Fredrick

Gabby

9. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Wow, nice work so far! I wish you the best of luck against Whitney!

10. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Good luck, Whitney's a tough cookie!

11. Junkrat

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    And here I am with another update! Okay, I just wanna start off by saying the normal gym is INSANE. I did some grinding, and Nina and Flapjack evolved! After that, I went over to the gym. I decided to put Jamie in front since she has Rock Smash so she can pretty much demolish everyone in her path, which she did, although she had some trouble with certain people, but it wasn't a big deal. After that was over, I healed up, grabbed some extra potions, and approached Whitney. Then I did a quick save And so, the battle begun.

I had Jamie out in front and expected a tough battle with Whitney's Clefairy, but it was only able to use Doubleslap before going down to two Rock Smashes (Jamie got a crit on the second one). And then, the destroyer. I send out Alexandra to set up a Reflect, which was my main priority at this moment. Obviously, Miltank is faster and one Stomp takes out about two thirds of Alexandra's HP, but she is still able to get it up. I then switch into Belle, since she's at full health and able to take a couple Stomps, and I use Flash twice before she's too weak to survive another Stomp.

I then go into Flapjack so I can heal up Alexandra and get up another Reflect, since it's gonna end the next turn. Flapjack handles a Stomp pretty well, and while she's out I go for a Sand Attack to further mess up Miltank's accuracy. I switch into Alexandra, but unfortunately Miltank lands a Stomp despite -3 accuracy, and Alexandra is left barely hanging. So, I do an incredibly risky play.

I leave Alexandra in, banking on the fact that Miltank will miss its next attack.

And lucky me, it does. Alexandra gets the Reflect up. Now, mind you, at this point, the Miltank has taken NO damage yet. I decide to use Hypnosis to get rid of that Lum Berry. Miltank falls asleep enough for me to send in Mason and start doing some damage. He uses his Ember, and after three turns, Miltank wakes up and uses Stomp, but misses. I send back in Alexandra to set up a third Reflect. Once it's up, I try to land a Hypnosis again, while Miltank tries to use Stomp and Rollout. We pretty much exchange blows for a while, but we keep missing, whether its because our moves have terrible accuracy or we're blind.

Finally, Alexandra lands the Hypnosis, and I send back in Mason to finish the job. On the second-to-last hit, Miltank is in the yellow, and I'm crossing every limb I can to see if Whitney will use a Super Potion- I guess Miltank was just a few HP above the range that prompts Whitney to heal it, and Mason lands a final Ember, resulting in a critical hit and taking out the Miltank.

That battle was probably the hardest and scariest gym battle so far. I was so terrified, but thanks to the efforts of everyone, I was able to take that monster down. But I think what pissed me off was that Whitney threw a tantrum. My Pokémon went through HELL trying to defeat your horrible Miltank and you cry over it? (okay I know it's not that deep but still)

Anyway, a gym trainer tells me it's no big deal, and Whitney eventually gives me the badge. Thanks, I guess. I immediately rush to the center, because my team took a heavy beat down, and then I go to the flower shop. I went beforehand and the lady refused to give me a water spray thingie because I wasn't "strong enough". As if you know anything about being strong! Ugh why is everyone in Goldenrod like this

Oh, by the way, Lyra will not stop calling me and it's driving me INSANE. I really, really don't care about your Marill, Lyra. Anyway, I decide to skip out on the Pokeathlon for now. I can always come back later, and I head straight to National Park. And can I just say National Park has one of the best soundtracks in the entire franchise? Like, seriously. Anyway, I try to catch a Pokémon there, but I kept running into Caterpie/Metapods, UNTIL....

Sunkern.

Oh.

Lucky me... I have no choice but to catch her and I name her :/ . Oh, I forgot to say, I caught a Ditto at Route 35 and named it Splorf, and a NidoranM at Route 36 named Mikah. I was really hoping for a Growlithe, but...

Anyway, I decide to stock up on some Potions and Pokeballs, and when I'm finished shopping I'm literally left with 100 bucks. Oh no. I only bought 5 super potions and 9 great balls ;_____;

Anyway, after beating some of the trainers in National Park, I find the Dig TM and I immediately teach it to Jamie. The only damaging ground move she'll learn via level is Sand Tomb, which, honestly, is extremely disappointing.

So I continue on and eventually reach that odd tree. I use the spray bottle, and it ends up attacking me- I just knock it out since I'm not interested in catching a Sudowoodo. A girl was nice enough to give me berry pots and berries, so thanks. I head up to Route 37 and encounter a Growlithe! I decide to name him Blake. Also, is it just me, or is every trainer on this route SUPER annoying? I mean, fighting their Pokémon is just such a pain in the neck. I nearly rage quit when the Beauties' Clefables kept getting 4-5 Doubleslaps off with several crits in a row. It was SO upsetting.

Rage rant aside, after all that BS, I finally make it to Ecruteak. You guys have no idea how happy I am to make it, especially after that godforsaken Wigglytuff-Clefable duo. I'm gonna do some training, and then take on the gym!

By the way, thank you to everyone who commented and said nice things and wished me luck!

Mason, level 19

Flapjack, level 18

Belle, level 18

Jamie, level 17
    Scratch, Dig, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb (Shell Bell)

Nina, level 16
    Gust, Confusion, Poison Powder, Stun Spore
    Compoundeyes

Alexandra, level 17
    Reflect, Hypnosis, Disable, Confusion

Kat

Dorito

Fredrick

Gabby

Splorf

Mikah
    *nidoranM gif*

:/

Blake

Mandriel likes this.
  12. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Congrats on your victory! I once had to grind my team to level 25 or something up there to beat Whitney in Silver, I know she is a monster with that Miltank.

13. Junkrat

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    @Shadria
    Thank you! I was really worried I was done for...

14. Junkrat

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Well, I'm back with another update. After reaching Ecruteak City, I explore around a bit and eventually head to the dance theatre, and as soon as I walk inside there's a Rocket guy harassing a poor kimono lady. Of course I have to help, and since the guy only has one Pokémon I beat him pretty easily. He leaves, and an old guy comes up to me and gives me the HM for Surf. Nice! Except...

none of my Pokémon can use it...

Okay I guess :(

Anyway, I immediately head over to route 42 and my first encounter is a Flaaffy! Nice. I name her Teresa and put her in the box. I then head over to the Burnt Tower, and it's pretty jacked up. Scorched wood, missing parts of the ceiling, and- wait a minute, what are those Pokémon in the basement? Are those legendaries?! Oh boy...

A guy comes up to me and starts telling me how he's been stalking following Suicune for some time. His name's Eusine- the gym leader, Morty, is there too. Hey dude. I see Kark and I'm like "oh dear neptune". I already know how this is gonna go. I go back to the Pokémon center, grab Teresa (I replace her with Nina), and I do some grinding! Then I decide to fight Kark. His Pokémon are pretty easy to handle but then that damned Croconaw appears... I use Alexandra to set up a Reflect and then send in Teresa to Thunder Wave it, and then spam Flash with Belle, and go back to Teresa to finish it off with Thundershock. The rest is an easy battle.

I then go downstairs and the legendary beasts circle around me, but Suicune takes a moment to... actually, I dunno what it does. Stare at me? It leaves, and Eusine comes down fangirling about how he thinks Suicine "chose me" or whatever. C'mon man, I just wanna get the badge and leave this no-horse town. After all that happens, I defeat the trainers in the tower, heal up, and decide to do some training on route 42. I decide to keep Teresa on my team because she's pretty useful for water types (lots of them have access to ice moves, which Belle is allergic to) and if I keep Nina, half my team would be weak to rock types.

So anyway, as soon as I enter the grass I get an encounter. Nice! And it's...

ENTEI ??

This thing is level 40. Teresa is like level 17 at this point. I just get off a Thunder Wave in case I decide to catch it in the future and it bounces. Adios, Entei.

So, I do some grinding, grinding, and more grinding, (I also go to route 38 and catch a Raticate named Sal) and it's time to face Morty! I blast through the trainers pretty easily until... this one woman with one high leveled Haunter... I send in Jamie because she could use some leveling up. First, the Haunter uses Confuse Ray. Pfft, whatever man, who cares.

Jamie is confused! It hurt itself in confusion!

Okay, whatever, we'll get it the next time. Rock Tomb!

Jamie is confused! Jamie used Rock Tomb! Jamie's attack missed!
    Haunter used Curse!

Okay... it's fine. We'll get it next time! Rock Tomb aga-

Jamie used Rock Tomb! Jamie's attack imssed!

Then the curse is taking its tool.

Haunter used Mean Look!

Jamie, for the love of everything holy, please just stop hitting yourself and missing! Come on!

Haunter used Night Shade!

Okay, you have four HP left. You should snap out of confusion this turn, right Jamie? Right...?

Jamie hurt itself in confusion! Jamie fainted!

J... Jamie? Wait... what just happened?

Jamie's gone...

After that moment, I just felt... really, really sad. I send in Mason to finish off the Haunter, rush back to the center, and stand solemnly in front of the PC. Jamie is gone. I had such high hopes for her- taking her to the Elite Four, seeing her evolve into Sandslash and demolishing everything in her path... but I suppose that won't happen. I deposit her in the "Deceased" box, right next to Kat. Well, my luck had to run out some time.

I take out Raticate and decide to train her since her Bite will be useful in the gym. After healing my team, I face off against Morty.

Honestly, the battle is pretty easy. I send in Flapjack first and spam Sand Attack since Haunter/Gastly can't hit me with any move other than Dream Eater or Mean Look. When they miss all their attacks, I finish them off with Gust. Unfortunately, Morty's first Haunter lands a lucky Hypnosis, and I had to switch into Teresa so it couldn't use Dream Eater against me (it also used Curse against Flapjack, so I had to switch her out before it had the chance to take her out). I use the opportunity to heal up Flapjack, then send her back in, and finish it off with Gust.

His Gengar is easy, too. I send in Sal and use Focus Energy and Bite. Pretty simply match. His last Haunter isn't a big deal, either.

My team was kind of underleveled, but no one really had a close call, which I guess is a good sign.

And although Jamie is gone... her death shall not be in vain.

RIP Jamie
    Level 6-19

Mason, level 20
    Flame Wheel, Quick Attack, Smoke Screen, Ember

Flapjack, level 21

Belle, level 20

Alexandra, level 21

*NEW
    Teresa, level 20
    Rash, proud of its power
    Tackle, Growl, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave
    Static