1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

How would you rate your phone call skills?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by OzoneFruit, Jun 30, 2018.

?

Do you talk to people on the phone?

1. Yep, all the time!

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. Usually only for business/work

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. I usually stick to text/email

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  4. Wait, I can talk into my phone?!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No.

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Even with my closest friends, I hate it 100% of the time so I avoid it at all costs and try to simply text them, but there are times that I think that the phone call is needed (Like right now I want to tell one of my friends about the accident that I had but I'm not sure if I should call them or just text them).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    i'm normally horrid on the phone, even talking to family members. unless it's my boyfriend or a really close friend, im really bad at talking on the phone. i definitely prefer texting or emailing whenever possible because calling gives me anxiety except as i get older i have to do it more and more which really sucks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RosieVulpes

Sweetheart
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.7
    Texts? Yes. Actual phone calls, a definite no. I can even handle talking to my own family on the phone, never mind anyone else.

4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Every now and then, if a friend wants to RP or something.

5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I actually like phone calls. I love the human connection and being able to tell the tone of the message.
    Too bad I don't have many contacts.
    Now that I'm 7 hours from my parents, I mainly call my mom and talk to her. It makes me feel a lot better whenever I'm having a hard time.

I think I'm pretty decent at talking on the phone. It's actually better for me because I don't feel as awkward because I can just do something else while I talk. It definitely helped that I was already used to talking to strangers online... I don't know if that's really a good thing, but oh well.

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    It really depends on who it is at the other end for me, I can get anxiety from calling others and I need to overcome that. But I don't use my phone that much really, but i use it when is needed.

7. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    My phone skills are really poor. Honestly, when given the chance I'd rather talk to someone face to face.

8. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    i onyl really talk over phone to my family and i guess im decent at it?? i mean i usually start my conversations with either "whattsup" or "whatcha want" so im very VERY casual sgfvsfvg

but other people? cant "whacha want" your way out of that!! so i dont talk to many people outside my family because of that plus i can just text them........

9. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I usually stick to texts. FB, instagram, whatsapp.

10. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’ve never liked texting on my phone’s tiny keyboard much, but I do it anyway because that’s how my friends prefer to talk. Thankfully my parents don’t mind me calling them all the time.

11. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I have used the phone at work a lot more since the company I am working for changed hands, and I think my telephone manner has improved considerably. I'm not very good at handling difficult calls - I went to pieces the other week because someone gave me a load of abuse and hung up on me before I could finish talking, but not before telling me he was going to take legal action against the company - but I don't find it as difficult as I used to.

As for personal use...well, I phone my grandparents every Friday to catch up with them. Otherwise I don't really use my phone. I don't have any friends, so I have nobody to call, and most people prefer text these days anyway so even if I DID have friends I'd probably text them more than I would call them. xD

12. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I'd much rather go and talk to someone face to face than ever call them on the phone. I also prefer to do face to face chats over texting but only if the conversation topic is more complex than a meet up time and date. Not only am I far more confident when I talk to people face to face, I just read more from the conversation and can talk to them more fluidly. Also, for some reason, I always find it extremely difficult to hear someone over the phone and no one ever seems to have this issue other than me.