1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

I'll be completely honest here

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sinclare, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Sinclare

Sinclare Flaming Hot Gym leader

Chiyo
    (Growlithe)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽193.0
    I low-key want a game where it will revolve around you being a Pokémon coordinator. I love being in contests in a game. I actually got ORAS Mostly to be in contests again. (I mean Yes I did beat the game but once I did, I went straight back to Lilycove and just won all masters) Sometimes, I feel like Pokémon should just make a fun little spin off for various other hobbies. This was just a little side thought.

Wings, BaroqueGrimoire and AeroHail like this.
  2. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I'd love more side games set in the Pokémon universe where you're not a trainer! (Pokémon snap 2 plz)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Yes! I'd love a small spin off game (maybe a free app like MagikarpJump?) where you tend to Pokémon as a breeder!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I would freaking love more of those types of spin-off Pokémon games! Pokémon Ranger was my jam! :D

5. BaroqueGrimoire

BaroqueGrimoire The Aureate Sorcerer

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I think it'd be a great change of pace, honestly!

I mean, in the previous games it was just a side-thing that you couldn't really get recognition for in-game. It was optional.
    But to see an entire game devoted to that coördinator way of playing Pokémon would be really neat, for sure!

6. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I think that would be super cool as well. I really liked the ORAS Contest system. It was almost like a battle. Plus, I got obsessed with growing Berries. It would teach different skills, and I think it would be really well received.
    #MissingNo

7. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I'd like to see that. It would be sweet to have like a "career" path for you where the game changes and adapts based on whether you choose to be a trainer, performer or coordinator.

8. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    What there needs to be is a Pokémon game for teenagers, with a deeper storyline and stuff like that

9. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    I agree when I was playing XY I wanted to be a PR trainer and a Ranger but I was forced to become a trainer so it was rather sad and depressing. Even though this is the case I would love a spinoff game like you mentioned before. It would be fun to do!

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. I want to see more spin-offs that show a different side of the Pokémon world and not just the Trainer part of it.

11. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Before I owned Pokémon games I used to think that you could choose to either do gyms and the e4 or contests for the main story

12. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I think it would be great as a spin off too! It would be loads of fun to go to different contest halls across a region and then eventually go to the Grande Festival and try to win. I think for this to happen they need to change some things up with some of the contest mechanics, but it seems like a great idea nevertheless!

13. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I spent so much time in the Contest Hall during my first playthrough of Pearl, I remember how fun it was to enter...

I think a contest spinoff game sounds awesome. I think something like that could also add more layers to contests in general, with more strategies, events and more. There are so many possibilities... Gamefreak, hurry up and make this already!

14. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I grew up watching the Sinnoh anime with Dawn and all that, and she became my favorite anime character at the time specifically because she was a coordinator. In fact, I cared more about her journey than I did about Ash's.

Naturally, when I found out that you could be in contests in D/P/Pl games, I was so excited and bought the games, only to find out that contests were nothing like the anime contests. It made me so sad, I wanted to be able to create move combinations and have battles against trainers and get cooler ribbons. I doubt GameFreak will be making a Coordinator centric game anytime soon T_T