1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this."

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    In most video games, you will be presented with some kind of weapon that will allow to progress in the game, or be given a choice between different weapons, each with their own unique style of gameplay. You may be given a choice between swords and lances, or pistols and shotguns, for example. Many games will allow you to use multiple weapons - actively encouraging this as a part of the gameplay, with enemies being weak and resistant to different types - and see you upgrading them as you progress.

What are some of your favourite weapons in video games? When presented with a choice between different weapon types, what do you usually go for? Do you ever stray outside of your comfort zone to see how it affects gameplay? What is the weirdest or most memorable weapon you've ever used?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I prefer various types of magic, but also handle heavy melee weapons like Hammers in MH. The weirdest, but also my favorite, heavy weapon is a Unicorn Hobby Horse! (but a Pepper Grinder- rapid fire gun- is also up there) [​IMG]

With this ^^^ game in particular, you have to use the different weapons and tools to get around things and various enemies better. (Hobby Horse and a 'Rocket Launcher'-like Teapot break certain walls, alongside a little Plushie Clock Bomb, for example) It was a interesting set up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    Swords are classic (so it's little wonder the Master Sword is an icon.), but I tend to gravitate towards bows or magic instruments (if they do damage)

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I prefer having a balance between close-range (my favorite sword is the Gunblade, from Final Fantasy VIII) and long-range (my favorite distance weapon is the sniper rifle; ask my brothers and they'll tell you that my go-to weapon in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is the Mosin Nagant). Controlling the battlefield is key to victory, and having a variety in range is the best way to do this.

The weirdest weapon I've ever wielded in a videogame is the "Paper Fan", a 'joke' weapon for Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. Funny enough, it's actually his third-strongest weapon (behind the Kusanagi Blade, his strongest weapon, and the Ninja Sword, a callback to Taki of SoulCalibur fame that is one of the few weapons with Darkness-element imbued into it), but you wouldn't think much of it since it's literally two large paper fans (called 'harisen' and used in Japanese live comedy shows as part of slapstick routines).

WavePearl likes this.
  5. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I prefer lances and long-range weapons. I like to keep a small distance, so I'm able to flee because I'm not very good most of the time. I dislike any heavy, high damaging melee weapons since I suck with them.

6. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I like the thought of magic and bows and stuff, but definitely prefer to actually use swords, because they suit my fighting style better (which is get in and slaughter everything in my path, outlasting my enemy through sheer force).

7. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Bow-based weapons in games are by far my favorite. That’s partly because I used a real one when I was a Boy Scout and because of their fantastic range in the games they’re in. My favorite bow in any game is the ancient bow from Breath of the Wild. The futuristic look of the weapon makes it stand out quite a bit from your standard wooden bow.

8. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    In most games, I'm inclined to be more of a tank: take a lot of damage, give a lot of damage. However, I do enjoy a nice bow here and there (Skyrim for example). Honestly, it depends largely upon the game itself and how it is played. There is not a ton of consistency to my style across the different genres.

9. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    I like to try out different things. However, swords tend to be my go-to weapon type. No particular reason why, I just like swords.

10. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Giant ass Greatswords and Katanas (my name gave this away) but also shotguns(the SSG in doom comes to mind)