1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Suggestion Make Shinies Easier to Identify

Discussion in 'Support Hub' started by jeevan261001, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for advertising. This is there only decent image I can find.

I suggest 3 ways to make identifying Shinies easier:
    1. Stars animation
    2. Specifically mention on the catcher it is a Shiny
    3. Play special music

2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    In USUM at least, every time a shiny appears (whether sent out by a trainer (including yourself) or wild), the screen goes a bit dark and there's a star aniamtion over the Pokémon itself, and there's a star icon on the summary screen. I mean yeah, it does suck that these Pokémon aren't more vibrant or unique, but if you're paying attention you'll definitely notice it.

But I agree, a change of music particularly for wild battles would be nice. Something a bit more up-beat to probably match the increased heart rate of the player. Just another way to make sure you don't miss it, though that would be annoying in trainer battles.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jeevan261001 likes this.
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    It's funny you mention that, actually - because that is something on the Catcher to-do list!

The proposed change was to have a red star appear when a Shiny Pokémon is the encounter, something like this:
    It hasn't been implemented yet mostly because of time and money (since the Catcher was created for us by an external dev).

We are looking over how the Catcher is programmed, though, and when we're able to add in the red star comfortably, we'll be doing so. I can't give a firm ETA yet, but do know it is on our minds.

jeevan261001 likes this.
  4. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    To add to what Eclipse says, while we do have the Catcher files (code) with us, it is something that would require a developer who is knowledgeable in the language in question, to add that into. I do have an idea though regarding this that just came to me from reading the responses here that may work as a temporary solution.

Thank you for your feedback.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jeevan261001 likes this.
  5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    It's a lot of work, but if you guys can't figure out how to change that star, I'd seriously recommend editing the actual IMAGES of the shinies to add either sparkles (a bit more intrusive) or a red star (harder to see/understand but still helps identify). Sometimes the extra work is worth the effort tbh.

Vigilance, Eclipse and jeevan261001 like this.
  6. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Another suggestion would be to change the colour of the Catcher when a shiny appears, though I understand there may be difficulty in this.

7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    This would also require additional programming. The only option that wouldn't is changing the images. Worth it imo.

Vigilance and jeevan261001 like this.
  8. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    That's a good and useful suggestion. I like the idea of playing special music when a shiny appears the most. There may be difficulty in it but that's a good idea.

jeevan261001 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.