1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Marked Pokémon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by BZRich64, Jan 4, 2020.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    The Pokémon games give you the option of marking Pokémon with different symbols: a circle, a triangle, a square, a heart, a star and a diamond. In more resent games you can also mark and of these symbols and either blue or red. I know a lot of people use these symbols to mark what perfect IVs Pokémon have, but they can be used for all kinds of things. I myself have my own system for marking Pokémon that I've been considering revising lately, and I was wondering if anyone else here using the markings for anything.

For those wondering, my current system of marking Pokémon is: Blue Heart = 3~4 perfect IVs, Red Heart = 5~6 perfect IVs, Blue Star = I use or have used them as part of my team, Blue Diamond = Hidden Ability. The part of this I'm considering changing is to have is so that the Red heart is just 6IV Pokémon, while 5IV Pokémon are the Blue Heart and 3~4IV Pokémon are no longer marked at all. I'm also probably going to start marking Pokémon in rare balls with the Blue Circle.

How do you mark your Pokémon? Or do you mark them at all? Is there some way you think that they should change how marking works (such as adding more color options)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I usually use it to either mark members of my casual team or to keep track of which perfect IVs a Pokémon has. I didn't even know it was changed to allow for different colors since I don't do competitive breeding super often and bottle caps made it a lot easier to get perfect IVs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    The only game I've played with the marking is Pokémon Eevee, so I haven't really been able to mess around with the marking system too much. I'm probably just going to end up using the markings to differentiate between the different parties I would use, so I don't mix up which Pokémon I have in which parties (I never have the self control to train less than three complete parties of Pokémon). I probably would use the markings for the IVs, except I really don't know how IVs work.

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I exclusively use them to easily see how many 30 and 31 IVs a pokémon have, blue means 31 and pink means 30 each of the marks being dedicated to a specific stat. This is all I used the system for.

5. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    huh I never noticed that the color could be changed I have been just marking one for each IV mainly.

6. Faded Autumn

Mawile
    (Mawile)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,166.8
    Dawn Stone ★★★★
    Never used it much myself. But seeing all the ways you guys use it is making me want to :P

7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,164.0
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I had a little system where the triangle was for female Pokémon, diamond was for male, circle was for genderless, heart was for Pokémon I liked, star was for shiny Pokémon, square was for Megas or hidden ability Pokémon... I don’t remember exactly what was what. I don’t use the symbols anymore and I removed the symbols from a lot of my Pokémon.

8. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I've used it a lot to mark the IV's of breeded Pokémon, but I have stopped doing that in moon where you can just automatically check IV's in the box system, and moon is where I'm doing my breeding to. I usually don't feel like I need to use them as I can just remember or just check the ability, stats, or whatever of a Pokémon easier than remembering a system. Still I didn't know you could use different colors.