1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Money, money, money

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,128.7
    You are the winner of 10 million of your currency of choice - be that pounds, euros, dollars, or whatever else. What would you do with your newfound fortune? Do you think your life would be easier and less stressful without the burden of financial turmoil? Have you ever dreamed about being rich, or is there more to life than money?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Beyond tuition and setting up a long-term investment fund for my children (I do plan on having a family), I'd give the rest of it to charity. I can't take it with me when I reach eternity, so why bother with trying to hoard it or filling my life with endless junk?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    East and Wings like this.
  3. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    No plans for the future, so half of that will go to charity, a quarter to my immediate family, an eight to whatever other charity I learn about, and I think the rest I'll just keep and invest into my future. So, according to my calcu- math, that's about 1.25 million USD (cause that's where I live) for my future. That's more than enough for the next eighty years of my life with a job I love... But what about taxes? Well, because I honestly don't care about that, *throws that out the window* If taxes are important, screw them. I can work that out when I actually care to.

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    So if I got 10 mil of peak 2017 Bitcoins I would have... a lot. Okay.

First I would take care of my immediate worries: I would buy a house, move there, set aside enough money to secure tuition at a state college for some particular degree once I settle one. I would then set up my immediate family to cover their similar worries, and also do something nice for some friends. I would probably then buy a few small companies and use those as a future investment for myself and my posterity, while living a comfortable-but-modest life.

Oh, and I would donate a bunch of money to Lake Valor (tsk-tsk) after all my immediate and necessary terrestrial concerns were cared for.

East likes this.
  5. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Buy a house outright so I don't have to worry about apartments.
    Not like a big house, just one for my family.

6. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    10 million currency. I would first spend as much as I could on getting a state of the art, fully functional fallout shelter just in case everything goes to ruin in the next couple of years over oil reserves. If that doesn't happen, then great, I have a wonderful and nice home to live in and I can still get take out. I just like to prepare for the future.

If any money was left over, I would save half of it and put the other half in the stock market. Have that money make more money for me.

7. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I would start my own Restaurant
    And I would probably buy a small house

8. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    The first thing that comes to my mind is I would be able to finish paying for my own schooling instead of having to rely on my parents to do it. And if I had all that money, that I wouldn't have to be as stressed about getting a 'real' job. I can actually do the work that I want to do, like be an author, or make small plush pillows to sell, without worrying about how my career choice doesn't actually provide a steady income. I'd probably invest most of the money, but it would be nice to have at least some on hand so I don't have to question every single purchase I may want to make.

9. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Help parents pay off this house and then invest in a home of my own. Perhaps buy them a home in Russia as well, since that's where we were born and they do miss their friends and family from there. Otherwise....not too sure! Probably save whatever I have leftover for trips for the boyfriend and myself. :}

10. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I’d put it towards my college tuition, buying a house, my parent’s retirement, my sister’s college tuition, uhhhhhhh my possible future kid’s college tuition (seriously why does school have to be so freaking expensive), donate some of it to charity and science, and then put the rest of it towards my retirement? Honestly I don’t think I’d know what to do with that much money. Maybe I’d travel or something but I don’t think I’d be able to use it all up!!

11. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,075.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    10 million? 1 crore in rupees. Thats a high amount. First of all, I'll ask my parents. Oh no, not ask, I'll give the whole amount to my parents. Idc what they do with it later.
    I dont think this amount will repay all the money my parents spend after me till date.

12. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,741.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’d use it to see as many countries as possible. Traveling is such an enjoyable way to spend one’s days. After that, I’d probably buy a small piece of property near a city and build a house. Maybe collect some books, records, and video games while saving the rest for basic finances and backup.

13. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Much like @Absolute Zero I'd settle my immediate worries first: settle all student debt in my family (my sister, mother, and I all have it), pay off my parents' house, buy a new car for myself and sister, and finally handle some insurance worries. After that, I'd honestly save the rest in investment accounts and keep a small portion of that money (perhaps 10k) on-hand for emergencies.
    I wouldn't stop working or going to school, as money is just a commodity, really. Spending my time learning and working without the worry of how much my bills might be is what I strive for.

14. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I would pay off my car, pay tithing and then set up a nice 401k and look at investing it. But I would also set aside quite a bit for taxes. While I would be tempted to pay off my parent's debts, that wouldn't help in the long run, so I would offer to cover grocery money as we never have quite enough. I would still work but it'd be nice to have to stress over loss of hours or anything like that.
    (I'd also pay for my BF and my sister's college tuition as I'm not in college.)