1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 7 Morally Speaking: SHOULD Nebby Stay in the Bag?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Dec 16, 2017.

?

Morally Speaking: SHOULD Nebby Stay in the Bag?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Vote in the poll above. Should Nebby stay in the bag or is it morally WRONG?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Lexatom likes this.
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I mean, it is suffocating probably so no, use a Pokéball.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    But there did appear to be enough room to breathe, she kept the top open!

4. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Nah, Lillie's just trying to protect it, but it wont stay in the bag.

So, Nebby, stay in the hecking bag.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  5. Hoodster225

Yung flexer
    (Machop)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽119.5
    I say no cuz it's funny when he escapes!!!! :D:D #Never staying in the bag!!

6. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Poor Nebby is in that bag for how long every day? Probably half the day. Do an experiment: put yourself inside a person-sized (?) duffel bag (or blanket burrito, maybe) for 12 hours of your waking day with no phone or 3DS or anything, your only interaction with the outside world being someone talking to you from outside your duffel. Now do that every day for a few weeks, or however long Lillie is adventuring outside of Kukui's lab. Get back to me on how you're psychologically feeling when you get back, and tell me Nebby should put up with that.

Honestly, Lillie should either get Nebby into a Pokéball (which Rotomdex claims are cozy), or find a way to defend a non-jailed Nebby with some bodyguard Pokémon. Less cruel that way.

Hoodster225 likes this.
  7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I would say no, a poké ball would probably be better and is pretty darn obvious Nebby did not wanna be the the bag.

8. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    It was okay until they got to Professor Kukui. He should have insisted that Nebby be placed in a Pokéball for its own good; it would definitely prevent several of the shenanigans that happened. Even if Lillie didn't want to be a "Trainer", her taking responsibility for Nebby should have made her having Cosmog in a Pokéball a foregone conclusion.

Saraceaser and FireSpartan5 like this.
  9. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    A Poké Ball would have been better in the long run for poor Nebby.

10. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Yeah, I'm with everyone else here in that a Pokéball would be a much more comfortable alternative. Why not a Luxury Ball even, so Nebby would actually want to stay in the ball?

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  11. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Nebby should run free, Look at him, he a QT 3.14

12. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'm of the opinion that he should stay in the bag. After all, Lillie is trying to protect him without taking any of his freedom to act. It's only when he leaves the bag that he gets into trouble. If he had stayed in the bag he would have been able to avoid being captured by me and forced into a box. So where's the real prison?

13. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    It's easy to release a Pokémon, both in the games and in the anime (well, maybe not psychologically - see the final Butterfree episode), so the Pokéball is not so much a prison as it is a guardian system that protects the Pokémon that a Trainer has with them. Lillie's gentle nature would never have forced Cosmog to remain with her after the threat passed, so while she loves Nebby she wouldn't keep it; her whole travel was to find out where Cosmog came from and help it return home.

Plus, as @Zero Sifr said, see how you like being confined to a duffel bag for 12+ hours - especially in Alola's hot, humid climate.

14. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I think it would be better and easier if she caught it then hid the ball in a smaller bag. It would also make it more inconspicuous.

15. CinnPai

CinnPai Sailor

IT'S A CINN
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.1
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    We have yet to understand what is inside Pokeballs, so it would probably be nicer inside of a ball instead of a small bag in tropical climates.

Plus, as the guy above me has said, this is more inconspicuous than if Nebby could escape the bag at any time.

16. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    [​IMG]

Arctiquaza and East like this.
  17. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    Nebby should be a free Cosmog

18. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Hi I'm alive
    I mean, if we're into the whole morality discussion of whether or not keeping a Pokémon is confined into a tight space--or otherwise "owned" by a trainer or human--or not, then it only seems fitting to point out that, no, Nebby should not stay in the bag.
    Do not ban Nebby to the bag.

19. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    You know, before I would have said yes, because Lillie's trying to protect it that way, but then I saw this on Discord:

[​IMG]

Poor Nebby.

Arctiquaza and FireSpartan5 like this.
  20. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    I say no, because Nebby clearly does not want to be in the bag and, according to Rotom, pokeballs are extremely comfortable. Also, it's more inconspicuous than carrying around a moving bag and Lillie carries around luxury balls for some reason.