1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sword/Shield Mystery Pokemon Revealed!

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Riddles, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★

The mystery Pokémon from a while back has been revealed as Sirfetch'd, a Fighting-type evolution of Farfetch'd! It seems like this one will be a Pokémon Sword exclusive.

What do you think of this new evolution? Do you think we'll get another evolution that's a Shield exclusive?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jupjami likes this.
  2. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    It's Me Or Do I Noticed That The Forme Colour Is The Colour Of The Leek?

Anyways, This Is Actually Probably The Best Design For Non-Legendary By Far.

Farfetch'd First Hold A Leek And Now, A Sword... He Had Grown, Man!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jupjami and Riddles like this.
  3. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    This really does work for Farfetch'd, not gonna lie.

Plus, people finally got the evolution to Farfetch'd that they've been wishing for since Gen 1. An epic play by Game Freak, which should hopefully cool down the angry Pokémon fans, at least a tiny bit.

Though, seriously, Game Freak, give us our Kecleon and Dunsparce evolutions already. You gave us Sirfetch'd, that means you can do this for us, too!

PoserPanda, Jeydis and Riddles like this.
  4. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    @Kecleon352 As a Kecleon fan I approve of this message.

I love Sirfetch'd! I am glad that it was this after all, made too much sense for the region. Cannot wait to see it's stats and movepool.

Riddles likes this.
  5. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Farfetch'd was one of my favorite bird Pokémon back in the day, simply because of its concept (using a leek as a weapon). But I sadly was never able to properly use one in a team due to other bird Pokémon having much better stats.

And then this guy comes in; Sirfetch'd. A pure fighting-type bird with a blade so big he may as well be on a horse and start jousting with it. It's a shame I'm going to be playing through Shield version first, but once I start going through Sword version as a challenge run, this guy's going on my team for sure, no doubt. I freaking love it. *_*

Jeydis and Riddles like this.
  6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    I find it weird that its a pure-Fighting type rather than Fighting/Flying, but its not that big a deal. I love the design and I'm looking forward to getting one since I was already planning on going with Sword. Now I'm curious to see what other new evolution they will have as a Shield exclusive counterpart to Sirfetch'd.

Neb and Riddles like this.
  7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I got spoiled earlier today about Sirfetch’d and I’m a little salty about that. While I appreciate that it’s a new evolution for an old Pokémon, I’m not the biggest fan of him. And since I’m getting Shield, I won’t be using one on my team.

Riddles likes this.
  8. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm not sure it looks different enough from Farfetch'd, I wish there was a little more of a difference between Farfetch'd and Sirfetch'd. It is pretty cool though, although I don't think Sirfetch'd allone would be what makes or breaks the decision to get one game over the other.

Also I like that the leek has sprouted into an onion, that's pretty funny.

I had actually theorized about this on the Discord server when we were talking about whether the teaser was an image of Sirfetch'd or something else. Someone mentioned it would be weird for Farfetch'd to have an evolution that wasn't at least part flying type, so I did some googling. There's a type of duck native to a British territory called the Falkland Steamer Duck, which is flightless and is known to be weirdly aggressive and combative for water fowl, which are generally pretty docile. It fits the region and it's typing pretty well.

Jeydis and Riddles like this.
  9. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Well this makes me happy. Farfetch'd was in my eyes the first "gimmick" sort of Pokémon, where it seems to be meant to teach patience; someone who trained a Spearow in Gen 1 would find themselves with a much better Pokémon than one who traded it for a Farfetch'd expecting instant results. It hasn't really had a prominent role in anything since thanks to bad stats, but this breathes the life into it that fans have wanted for it for as long as I can remember. This Pokémon has completely blown up the internet (or at least it has with Twitter) and it's easy for me to see why.

A lot of people have been theorizing what a possible Shield-only counterpart could be, and I think the Pokémon that shares the most parallels with it is Delibird, so I could easily see Delibird getting an evolution like this. I kinda hope it's Dunsparce because I've always loved it and it kinda sucks, but I still think Delibird is the best candidate.

Jupjami and Riddles like this.
  10. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I quite like it. The Galarian forms plus this in relation to Farfetch'd are a really nice touch and improvement off the Alolan forms from Sun & Moon.

I'm actually looking forward to what other ones there are.

Riddles likes this.
  11. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Sirfetch'd looks kinda fun. If it really is a Sword exclusive Pokémon, my sister, who has fallen in love with this Pokémon already, will probably begin to make an argument for getting Sword instead of Shield.

Riddles likes this.
  12. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    After showing off several waifus Game Freak gave us a white knight in the form of Sirfetch'd. *tips leak* M'trainer.

13. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I really like this design, it might even be my favorite Pokémon so far. Its relatively simplistic, but something like farfetch'd really needed something new, and I think this is great! It also fits sword and shield well, which I really love! Sad its a exclusive though.

14. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Looks like I’m getting Sword version now. Sirfetch’d has so much personality and fits with the Galar region well!

15. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'm honestly disappointed by it and don't care for its design or in general really, but since this is a Sword exclusive I'm hoping the Shield one will be more to my liking as Sirfetch'd just don't cut it for me. If nothing else a mon that really needed a booster got it, Farfetch'd was never known for being anything else than a mon with a nice design and
    mediocre stats at most so this will hopefully fix that at least.