1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nature!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BiohazardSr, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Do you enjoy watching nature shows? Which ones do you prefer, and what is the appeal to them? How often do you watch these kinds of shows?

Do you watch any nature documentaries? Which ones appeal to you and why? How many do you watch? Any particular focus you prefer (What the documentary is about)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Only the documentaries with Morgan Freeman xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Megarai111 likes this.
  3. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Man I used to watch so many nature shows as a kid, now I hardly watch any of them. Discovery channel used to be my station. Now I hardly even touch the tv. If I had to chose which show I miss the most it was a special that aired in 2000 or so called Raising the Mammoth. They found a mammoth perfectly preserved in ice in syberia and are trying to use...DNA samples from it to bring the mammoths back to life though a breeding program. They even found a viable/grow-able food source underneath it which I'm sure they've been working on over the past decade and a half. The other Shows I miss are Amazing Animals and crocodile hunter: croc files. RIP Steve Irwin.

4. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Do not get me started on nature. I love nature so much, and I feel more at home with the animals than at cities and with buildings. If I say why I love nature, I would be going on forever and ever. The nature possesses such amazing beauty that humans are destroying everyday - they steal from it, destroy it and treat the beautiful wildlife within it as if they were slaves of humans. I dislike what humans do to nature. It must be stopped. I mean, you could call me a tree hugger!

As for nature shows and documentaries, Sir David Attenborough's films are spotlight perfect. I feel as if I must watch his documentaries and his alone. They are narrated with such feeling, such information and the photographers did an absolutely wonderful job capturing perfect shots. He is a true star, and I love his works. What else I can say is that his tone and words are very descriptive, they bring you into his films.

5. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I have watched way too many nature documentaries. National Geographic and Animal Planet never failed to entertain me with all the documentaries and episodes surrounding our planet and its incredible biosphere. I usually prefer the documentaries that go into the detail of the lifestyle and adaptations of creatures that live in a particular ecosystem that would be abnormal to that of a human. Things like a show involving the life of penguins in Antarctica and how they go for incredible treks across miles and miles of ice, a family of chimps residing in a jungle using their problem solving skills to do amazing things like spear hunting, or even a colony of ants that have such an elaborate abode from their perspective that can be found in places that aren't even remote at all! Nature is so vast and mysterious and depending on your perspective, it can just be so fascinating.

6. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    I like watching nature documentaries a lot, especially about specific animals(wolves and foxes have interested me, as well as birds). This was long ago, however, and now I simply don't have the time to sit down and watch a 90 minute long show. So I really don't watch much anymore, but occasionally I still sit down and catch a portion. And when they are wolves/foxes/birds involved, I'm more likely to finish it

7. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I watch for the carnage. Why go to the mall when I can watch a maul?

Seriously. Watching a Feraligatr death-roll a Zebstrika in a river, or a Keckleon break a Scyther's neck with a precision tongue-jab, or a pride of Luxray all climbing aboard a Mamoswine with their teeth and claws in its hide as it tries to shake them off? Some of the most brutally astounding things I've seen on TV.

8. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I love nature documentaries! When I was young, I could watch them for hours. Too bad I don't really have time (and the motivation) to go watch more TV nowadays though. Also, the only free nature channel we get at home is Nat Geo Wild, and it feels like I've seen most of the documentaries already... Too bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.