1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Pokémon Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    If you've seen the news thread, you know there's a new Eevee form in town. From the looks of things, it's a normal type.

[​IMG]

I personally don't care for that design but a new Pokémon and new Eevee is cool to see.

2. Typhloser

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I think the ribbons are cute.

I'm guessing Normal as well, but still pushing for something else. The colours are cute and remind me of Milotic.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    I was so spastic when I saw this. I don't think it's the most cutest Eevee in the world BUT I do like it~ I probably will use it.
    My sister seems to think it might be a Fighting type. A friend of mine (along with his brother) thinks it's going to be a flying type. Which leads to me. I'm not sure what type it could be, but I'm gonna just vote for Dragon. Mainly because I like them. And want a Dragon Eevee. ( Yes i know it doesn't look like a Dragon. But the same goes with Altaria >:'C so HAH! lol)

4. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    Aw I think it's so cute xD I personally like it's design. I will definitely want one :D Not sure what it's type will be but we'll see!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Degnne

Degnne PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    It definitely looks Normal to me. Or a brand new type??? [/wishful thinking]

So this confirms that Gen 6 will have new evolutions for older Pokémon, just like the other two even-numbered generations. I can't wait to see what other ones we'll get.

6. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Ehh, I don't like it, not at all, to me it's the worst looking eevee ever, and the fact that you can't make out it's type is horrid. The bows and ribbons are just stupid to me, and this Pokémon reminds me too much of Pokémon like Audino and Blissey..which would make it normal type, and judging by the style I'd say they'd proably use shiny stone to evolve it.

7. Stark

Stark

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I'm also one to believe it looks pretty terrible. Its just taking bits from Milotic and Mienshao and ugh. Horrible looking thing. Kill it with FLAREONS.

jetwhiskey likes this.
  8. Luxman

Luxman School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    The new eevee mite be a Even normaler version of eevee.

[background=rgb(26, 26, 26)]

Its called Ninfia Just saying.[/background]

9. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I really like Ninfia's design. It looks great in my opinion.

10. Trainer_Ebony

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I think its cute, and itd make sense to be a normal type. Not just because of its look, but because it is the first Eeveelution to be introduced alone. I honestly cant think of an Eeveelution type that would go with the introduction of a normal type. Water fire and lightning fit together, psychic and dark, and ice and grass, but normal makes sense as a stand alone.
    Reasoning:
    Flying would have Bug and/or fighting
    Rock and ground/steel/fighting
    Poison and steel/ghost/ground
    Dragon, maybe could also stand alone, but i doubt she's a Dragon.

11. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I actually think ghost would go along well with a normal type, since the two types effectively cancel each other out and can't damage the other. It's like there is a duality there. I definitely think this is a normal type though, and if we're going to see a second one down the line before October I would bet on it being ghost.

12. Trainer_Ebony

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Also, a side note. I noticed everyone calling Ninfia an it... Can we surrender that at this point? She's pink with bows and ribbons and the biggest blue eyes I've ever seen. If there are boy versions of these, it'll be as confusing as male Gardevoirs
    [​IMG]

That... could work. I hope ur right then! Ive always wanted to see a ghost Eevee!

13. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Until Ninfia is confirmed for a one-gender Pokémon I'll continue calling it an 'it'. It sure does look girly but then so do a lot of real-life males these days.

14. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
  15. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    The English name for this Pokémon is Sylveon. The developers have apparently hinted that it evolves from Eevee in a "secret" way, whatever exactly that can mean. Friendship + held item? Something to do with trading? Other certain Pokémon in the party? Possibly gender related? I guess we'll have to find out. Type hasn't been announced but I still am going to assume normal type, I just get that vibe from everything about it.

16. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Eevee has a 75% chance to be male. Unless it's a female-only evolution like Frosslass, then calling Sylveon "it" is the right thing to do...

17. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Well, if it's name is sylveon then I think I know exactly what it is...it's going to be a bug type, considering if Sylv is supposed to represent silver, which we all know that silver represents insects, as related to Silver Powder which ups bug type attacks. Also, if you look at the image, the bows, they look more like butterflies. Now, I could be wrong, but it's very possible, not that I like the idea of this Pokémon at all, and I especially don't want this Pokémon ruining the name of bug types.

18. Stark

Stark

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    ^Jet, Sylv is related to Sylvan, or fairies and forests and the like. Same for Ninfia, being similar to Nymph. Another fairy. I doubt it'll be a bug. Your bug types won't be ruined, son, don't worry.

19. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Hmm, and fairies are what in real life, bugs, I mean, they don't have bird wings or any other kind, no, they carry the wings of incects. Also, faires are often attributed as sprinkling silver dust where ever they fly, so the name Sylvan is often considered to relate to Silver. Nymphs themselves are small, and have an attraction to "shiny rocks" like gold. Another thing to point out is that seeing that the names Ninfia and Sylveon represent creatures of the forest like faires, and since there is already a grass type, the only creatures that are found in the forests that relate to fairies are bugs. So again, I say it looks to be a bug type, not completely thrilled, but I may eventually come to accept it.

If I need any more proof to back-up my theory, all you have to do is look at the movie Ferngully, and you'll see what I mean.

20. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I know you are obsessed with bug types but I really doubt it, Ferngully theory or not. Guess we'll see but I'll be legitimately surprised if it is. Fairies have never been represented as bugs in Pokémon, even if they might have elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.