1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Plates of Fate (the RP)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by NyxieRina, Jul 30, 2023.

1. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    @SAF @Jupjami

It had been 10 years since trouble stirred up in the Trifecta Regions. In all that time, life in the Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh regions have become better than ever. But now, that era of peace is about to come to an end. Something is looming in the background, threatening to destroy the world as we know it.

You are an ordinary trainer, just trying to chase your dreams wherever they may lead you. But when your funny little trinket starts talking about God and using Their powers to save the world, will you heed its call?

-

Goldenrod City, the Festive City of Opulent Charm. As the capital city of Johto and the location of the Trifecta Train stations, it pulls out all the stops in introducing everyone to the wonders of the Johto region. From the sea of shops for people to splurge in, to the various league-associated competitions and the like, theres no shortage of things to do in this city!

'Of course, with a city as busy as this, one can expect the Pokecenter to be the same.' Pamela thought to herself as she shook her head. 'I dont think I've ever seen one this packed before!' The Hoennian sat by the table in the lobby, managing to snatch the seat as the previous group of trainers left to do something else. She heard how busy Goldenrod could be, but though she'd be fine since she lived in one of Hoenn's big cities. She thought wrong.

"Hm... lets see," She hummed, leafing through a 'Welcome to the City' brochure that she picked from the lobby's entrance. "What should we do first Nils?" She asked, looking down to her starter on her lap. The Trapinch gave a little "Tra" and a shrug. "No idea either huh?" She giggled before petting his head. "Well, we can figure something out. We've got time."

There were more seats around her, one of the few places left to rest in the crowded area. She had opted to keep her things off of it, in case someone else needed the seat.

2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,560.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @NyxieRina @ChocoChicken @Jupjami

Airin Fletcher and Effie the Espeon could be seen wandering around Goldenrod City. It was quite a bustling city that not even Hau'oli could keep up -- and Hau'oli was already the biggest city in Alola. Plus, as far as she knew, Malie's architecture drew inspiration from Johtonian designs, though it's probably not that obvious here in Goldenrod.

Long story short, the brunette got lost. The only place she could even recognize in the city aside from the Trifecta Train Station was its Pokémon Center, so it was where Airin and her Espeon headed to. She then picked up a "Welcome to the City" brochure from the lobby entrance and went on to find a seat...

...which so happened to be right beside another brunette and her Trapinch. Airin gently nudged the other girl (possibly as a nonverbal "Excuse me") and signed, "Is this seat taken?" as soon as she got her attention.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    @SAF

"Hmm?" Pamela looked up to see another girl standing in front of her, doing something with her hands. "Uh..." She said dumbly looking at her with some confusion before it registered in her mind. "Oh! Is that sign? Er... Sorry I'm a but rusty with it."

She put a hand to her chin. "Uh... if you're asking my name, I'm Pamela. If you're asking my Pokémon's name, that's really kind of you and his name is Nils-" "Pinch!" ", and if you're asking if these seats are taken, they're not!" She listed off all the possible things she thought the girl might be saying. She then patted the nearby seat. "Have a seat!"

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,560.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Thankfully the seat was empty. Airin nodded with a smile to the other girl-- I mean, Pamela and signed, "Thank you," before actually taking a seat. Considering Pamela had already introduced both herself and her Trapinch (albeit somewhat unprompted on Airin's end), Airin decided to return the favor. "I'm Airin and this is Effie," she said signed, this time with her Espeon, Effie, telepathically translating it for Pamela.

5. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0

It was a moment later that Pamela realized that she was lucky. If the girl had been deaf, all of that introductory shpeal that she did would have been for naught. Thankfully, it seemed like the girl could hear as she sat down.

"Woah! You have a translator mon! Thats so cool!" She was amazed to see the Espeon at work. "Its nice to meet you Airin, Effie." She smiled. "What brings you here to Goldenrod?"

6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,560.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (From this point onward, whenever Effie's out from her Pokéball and close by Airin, let's assume she's doing her job as a translator mon. And yes, I'm trying to avoid using the word "said" for Airin's "talks" here. :thumbsup:)

Airin smiled and Effie cooed when Pamela gushed about the translator mon at work. Deep down Airin was thankful that her vocal cord was the only one barely functioning -- her other body parts were perfectly fine. Why, she didn't even look like she had any disabilities until she raised her hands to sign.

As for Pamela's question, Airin could only shrug. "Dunno. I just wanna see the world, that's all," she explained. Well, more like she'd run out of stuff to do back home, though it's not like she needed to mention it or anything.

7. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    "Really? What a coincidence! I'm the same way!" Pamela laughed. "This place is so cool, but I cant decide what I wanna do here!" She set down the brochure so that Airin could take a look at it if she wanted.

8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,151.9
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Whilst the two girls continued their conversation, Jake himself sat a few meteres away, more focused on the map of Goldenrod in his hands than anything.

The Communications Tower was to the west - that was definitely on his to-do list. There was the Magnet Train, but that could wait until later - he'd just gotten to Johto, turning tail for Kanto was not exactly his plan. Perhaps he could try getting a view of a Gym Battle with Whitney? That is, if she allowed audiences. Maybe if he knew a trainer...

Interrupting his train of thought, Pick chirruped loudly at his ear, causing him to flinch. "Alright, alright! Look, I haven't forgotten your Berry, just give me a minute."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,560.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (One obligatory tag to @Jupjami coming up~)

Leaning closer to the brochure Pamela had offered, there were several things drawing Airin's attention. One of them was the local gym which was not exactly a thing back home. I mean, the closest thing Alolans had to a gym was the so-called Kantonian Gym at Malie which was supposed to emulate a Pokémon gym. And now that Goldenrod had the real thing, maybe Airin could check it out when she had a chance.

Gym aside, there were other things Goldenrod had to offer:
    • The department store -- more or less like Thrifty Megamart at the Royal Avenue;
    • A contest hall which was, again, not exactly a thing back in Alola;
    • The Communication Tower for TV and internet around here; and
    • A game corner -- not that Airin even knew what it had to offer.
    So... yeah. Too many stuff to do here. :sweat:

10. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,707.6
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    "Whoa! Hey, it's different kinda 'mon!" In front of Jake all of a sudden was a raven-haired man, who seemed very energetic and lively.

Blake grinned excitedly as he looked at the strange bird Pokémon the stranger had talked to. "Ooh, it's so colourful, look at those feathers! Where'd'ya come from? I haven't seen any 'mon that looks like that around here at all!" he asked, turning to the Pokémon's owner.

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,151.9
    @Jupjami
    "Oh, hey!" When Jake took his face out his bag, there was now a new - very cheerful at that - fellow above him. "I'm Unovan, but the little guy's from Galar. He's a Rookidee, and he gets kinda irritable when he's hungry."

He rummaged further - oh, there it was - and pulled out a Bluk Berry, holding it away from the bird in question as it hopped down onto his lap. "Hey, actually, you wanna try feeding him? Gotta warn you, though - it might not always work out, but I have a good feeling about this."

12. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,707.6
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    "He does look like a cocky one," Blake laughed, accepting the berry from the other guy and holding out the fruit to the bird, plucking out one of the smaller spheres with his thumb. "So, Rookie-something, you wanna eat?"

13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,151.9
    Seeing the stranger with his food, the Rookidee practically zoomed over - past the nugget on Blake's thumb - and began devouring the Berry directly from his other hand.

"Heh, it looks like Pick likes you! That's his name, by the way. I'm Jake. Jacob Fierase. You?" He gave the other boy a half-wave from a raised hand, whilst Pick continued to rip and tear at the fruit.

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    In the southwest corner of Goldenrod City, the bubbly auburn-red-haired girl known as Kotone Shiomi emerged (in admirable fashion) from one of two entrances of the Goldenrod Tunnel. She had arrived here after a long journey on the train from Jubilife Station. Although her purpose for coming here was supposed to be a school internship, the festive nature of Goldenrod City had made Kotone carried away.

She wasn't alone. Behind her was her classmate, companion, and (at least, as far as Kotone was concerned) best friend, Makoto Yuki. His personality could not have contrasted any more from Kotone's, if his blue hair wasn't a statement. Whereas Kotone was running about to see everything, Makoto quietly watched from behind in amusement. He wasn't alone - Kotone's Litwick (named Mochi) was also watching, and so was his own Gallade, Aki, as they watched Kotone explore almost every corner of the Goldenrod Tunnel.

At least until they emerged from the tunnel, with Kotone holding a shopping bag and Makoto following far behind.

"Come on, Makoto-kun! We have a city to explore!" she cheered, to which Makoto did not reply to.

In fact, Kotone was running far ahead such that her brain was impossibly functioning faster than her eyes, so she really couldn't tell where she was going. At this rate, she could bump into someone and cause an accident...

15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,560.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @NyxieRina @Jupjami @ChocoChicken @122 Generation

Airin Fletcher Still hadn't decided on her next destination yet, Airin returned the brochure to Pamela and took out a little spooky-looking tag from her bag. She'd first found it in the abandoned Thrifty Megamart in Ula'ula, south from Tapu Village -- the one now mainly used for Acerola's trial. At first she'd thought another trial taker had lost their lucky charm one way or another only to be disproven upon further investigation. And now that she'd been holding onto it for a good while, Airin couldn't help but to stare at it.

Pepe Sylvan Meanwhile, in the Goldenrod Gym, another blunet (no, not Makoto -- Airin actually knew this one) was in the middle of a heated battle against the local gym leader, Whitney. Their two Pokémon were engaging in a quite ear-piercing showdown -- his Sylveon's Hyper Voice vs her Chansey's Echoed Voice. It's only a matter of time to see who would outlast the other mon at this point...

#15 Aug 5, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
  16. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    Amusingly enough, Kotone had dragged Makoto around for what felt like was half the city. Although their purpose for coming here was to fulfil a school internship, it appeared that Kotone's intentions were anything but. Makoto silently allowed Kotone to drag him wherever she wanted, as he could guess that at some point, she would stop and remember something. Moreover, he was surprised that Kotone hadn't crashed into anyone so far. His quiet protests were met with ignorance from the auburn-redhead.

Eventually, they came across the Pokémon Centre, to which Kotone entered in admirable fashion as the doors slid open. If she could have burst open the doors, she would have. But these doors were not designed like that. "Okay, Makoto-kun! We'll need to heal up our Pokémon first, and then we're on our way out!" At that, she bolted around the floor to look for a nurse who might be able to help her. Kotone really was in a rush, wasn't she?

17. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    @SAF

"Yeaahhhh... I couldn't decide either." Pamela nervously chuckled as Airin looked through the brochure. "I mean, I wanna try visiting them all, but I don't know if theres actually a good order to visit them all in. One of those, 'this thing is better if you've seen this thing first' y'know?" She scratched the top of Nil's head. "This lil' Mister wants to see the gym, but I heard the Gym lady's really tough so I don't wanna go in there yet." Nil's made a little noise of protest, to which Pamela just laughed.

------

@122 Generation

With how fast Kotone was running, she wouldn't notice another girl heading into the door at the same time as her. The girl was also running distractedly, so she didn't see the red head in time.

*//CRASH*

The impact from the crash sent the other girl sprawling to the floor, knocking her hat off in the process.

122 Generation likes this.
  18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    *//CRASH*

And so, the impact had also sent Kotone sprawling on the floor too, along with her shopping bag and personal bag splattered on the floor beside her.

Makoto, with hands in his pockets, quietly up to the other girl to pick up her hat. "Are you okay?" he quietly asked, while also kneeling down to offer his hand to her.

Kotone, still sprawled on the floor, stared. How dare Makoto attend to the other girl first and not her! In dramatic and exaggerated fashion, Kotone dropped her head to the floor again, as if trying to get his attention.

19. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    @122 Generation

"A-a-a-a-ah'm fine!" The girl quickly fixed her jacket, which fell off slightly revealing the black and red dress she wore underneath.

With Makoto's help, she got up and dusted herself off. "T-thanks,"

She then gasped, as if remembering something. "THE BUG CATCHING CONTEST!!!" She yelled, loud enough for everyone currently in the Pokecenter lobby to hear.

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,560.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @NyxieRina @Jupjami @ChocoChicken @122 Generation

Airin Fletcher
    All Airin did was to silently giggle at Pamela's interaction with Nils as she nodded to the other brunette's remark. The mention of a local gym, however, was the one that particularly perked her up. "Gym, huh? My hometown doesn't have one, actually," Airin mused, never mind that Malie City had the so-called Kantonian Gym -- that one's unofficial anyway.

But then a random "THE BUG CATCHING CONTEST!!!" yell from the Pokecenter doorway caught the girl's attention. Oh Arceus, what's even going on here?

Pepe Sylvan Long story short, the Sylveon managed to outlast the Chansey despite the latter's bulk. The blunet recalled his Sylveon and switched for his Incineroar as Whitney called upon her Miltank...

...and the dreaded Rollout fest began.

#20 Aug 6, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2023