1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Switch - Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu? [New Rumour]

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, May 15, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Hey guys. A few new rumours have been floating around about the new game on Switch, and they're very interesting indeed.

The first comes from My Nintendo News.

We are all anxiously waiting to see what shape the first main Pokémon title for the Nintendo Switch will take. Nintendo insider Emily Rogers has information on the title and has shared it on her blog. She says that the game will be revealed this month which is just before E3 which takes place next month in Los Angeles. She says that the team has take inspiration from the immensely popular Pokémon GO for mobile devices.

Emily, you said there’s a Pokémon title releasing on Switch in 2018. What should we expect from it?

“In July 2016, Pokémon Go launched, and became a massive phenomenon, having been downloaded more than 500 million times worldwide by the end of that year. Then, by 2017, overall download numbers increased to over 750 million a year. This all leads to a much bigger question: What lessons should Game Freak and Nintendo learn from Pokémon Go’s success? How could Switch benefit from Pokémon Go’s success, and how could Pokémon Go benefit from Switch’s success?

After all, it was Nintendo who released “Pokémon Go Plus”, a bluetooth wearable device, developed by Nintendo’s Platform Technology Division, that allows players to enjoy the game without looking at their smartphone. Would Nintendo ever dare to create more Pokémon Go accessories like that — possibly even for the Switch?

Then, soon after, from Serebii.

Over the past few days, the rumours have been in full swing across the Internet about the upcoming Nintendo Switch Pokémon titles. However, earlier today a logo went up on various messageboards around the Internet which showcases the name: Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu which matches up with various pieces of alleged leaked information that have come up for the game. At present, it is not known if this is official but we will provide full details as and when they come.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/996392637732130817
    https://mynintendonews.com/2018/05/...-be-revealed-this-month-and-more-information/

This is not CONFIRMED by any means, currently it is a rumour. However, the stars are seeming to align for this to be true. What is your take?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    [​IMG]

Unofficial Logo. But this is essentially what has been tossed around the Pokémon community recently, so who knows if this is the actual logo or not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I feel that the Lets Go! Pikachu and Eevee things are fake because it first popped up on 4chan on April Fools.
    [​IMG]

But who knows, if My Nintendo News spoke about a game similar to this, the 4chan leaks might be real (and put up at a very bad time)

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Not believing a word of it. Not until we get actual news from Game Freak/Nintendo.

5. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I don’t really know what to think about it, but if it’s real, that’ll be the Eevee version for me. I don’t like Pikachu. But I think I hope it’s not...

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Domains for Pokémon Lets Go Pikachu & Pokémon Lets Go Eevee registered by the same company Nintendo used to register the official Pokémon Sun & Moon website domain

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/996698977822265346

Even more evidence that points towards this being true!

#6 May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  7. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Pokémon go for the switch?

yeah how about i say Pokémon please no

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    We already know from past datamines that PokéBank is supposed to connect to Pokémon GO, but it was never revealed how. This could very well be it!

9. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    While this is all mindblowing, I'm going to wait for official confirmation. Though it is still kinda exciting to see this.

10. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Today Nintendo actually copyrighted the websites for the games.

link

#10 May 16, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2018
  11. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Exciting, but I hope that they know where to hold back for the Pokémon Go integration. If the whole catching system becomes a Go-esque thing, or is heavily reliant on it, I'll be pretty upset. The classic battling system will always be the best. :P

12. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I'm hoping that they don't go with the Pokémon Go catching system. Also the picture that was floating around the internet a while back with the trainer riding on Lapras may be real since there was an Eevee on their head and one of the Potential names happen to be Let's Go Eevee.

13. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    - Going back to Kanto... again...
    - Pokémon GO integration.

Yeeeaahhh, not really looking forward to this one, especially if it is going to involve Pokémon GO. And I'm so sick of all the Kanto pandering as of late. Like, I understand it was the region that started it all, but jeez.
    Hopefully the game isn't going to be as bad as it sounds.

14. manaphy2

manaphy2 Sailor

Reefus
    (Carvanha)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽752.0
    I would actually be very excited to see these games come to the Switch. Like many, I’m a bit unsure about the GO integration, hoping it stays to just a purely ‘linkable’ level. Re using an old region and game idea would surely mean that GAME FREAK would be filling it with a heap of new stuff as it’s basically a new generation. Not to mention the older team in GF have been working on this for quite some time, so surely we’re going to see some massive positive moves for the Pokémon mainline series. Here’s hoping we see something awesome!

15. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    As much as some of us (that don't play GO, that is) want GO to stay away from the main series games, I feel like it's inevitable that it's going to happen at some point or another. I think this is really just to test the waters to see how GO would integrate with a spinoff-esque game (or whatever people want to call it) before possibly bringing GO integration to the main series games as well

Of course, "GO integration" is vague enough to mean anything, really. It could be that GO is simply an optional (albeit recommended) part to enjoy the game, and that's it.