1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Questions for your resident Eagle Scout

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by BraviaryScout, May 28, 2017.

1. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    What was your first shiny

Can you count to ten

How are you

What is your favorite generation

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    It's been quite a while, but yes. When I lived in Missouri, we had a rink that opened up roughly 10 minute drive from my house and it was especially popular in the winter when they had cheap admission tickets for free skating times. I had my own blades and we'd go as a family. Have to say that I actually enjoyed it more than roller skating/blading. Sadly the family owned rink had their lease run out on the building and eventually the city bought it and turned it into a community center.

Oddest food? Had to be that one time I was flying back to San Francisco from Hawaii when I was 15. They served spam musubi...which is not necessarily a bad food (I personally don't care for Spam, I'll eat it if I have to) but on an airplane? Yeah...it tasted okay though.

I've actually never heard that joke before. Good lord, I need to stop living in a cave...

West Sea Shellos on Pearl. Just wading through the grass on some route and had to do a double take...thank goodness for quick balls since I just tossed one out and caught it on the first try.

Sure can. I'm able to count to ten in English, Spanish, French and Japanese.

Right now kind of tired. I'm in the middle of my early morning workdays...other than that...pretty good. Hope you're enjoying Lake Valor so far. Shoot me a DM if you still need some help in getting to know the site or just want to talk. I'm a pretty approachable person. :)

Favorite generation based on the Pokémon? Gen V

Favorite generation based on the story? Gen VII

Favorite generation based on the region? Gen VII

Thanks for the questions guys :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    FireSpartan5 likes this.
  3. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    If you were a gym leader or E4, what type you would train (I'm assuming flying :D)?
    Adding on to that, what would be your team?
    What was/is your favorite part of being in the Eagle Scouts?

4. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    What is something you like that most of your friends/peers consider childish?
    How often do you see your parents in person?
    What is the easiest thing you have ever done that you thought would be hard to do?
    Do you like Peeps?

5. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Which LakeValor theme do you use?

Do you consider yourself strong?

Do you like rain?

6. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Who is your favorite Halo Wars 2 Leader, his/her favorite power, and his or her Hero? Then your favorite Leader Power overall, and your favorite leader, overall, and then your favorite normal unit overall, infantry, air, or vehicle?

7. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Yeah flying is my personal choice. Steel also comes to mind.

For flying? This is totally what you're gonna expect lol
    • Talonflame
    • Noivern
    • Gliscor
    • Braviary
    If I were an E4 member, add Hawlucha and Togekiss

Hmm. I can't say for sure because I'm not part of Greek Life...but Eagle Scouts are sort of this loose fraternity of sorts. When you become one...you've done the same thing as many other men have done. There have been famous actors, movie directors, athletes, businessmen and even a US President who were all Eagles.
    Out of all the boys who go into Boy Scouts, there's less than 2% who make it all the way to Eagle...it's no cakewalk...so I enjoy knowing that I am in that elite 2%. If I happen to come across another Eagle Scout wherever I go, I'll know I've made a friend knowing that we share something in common.
    A big duty of an Eagle Scout is to pass on what he has learned and I do enjoy spending time with my younger cousin's own Scouting unit, providing advice and guidance to them.

Pokémon comes to mind. I used to get teased when I was in middle school.

Just gonna say that all those people who poked fun at me for arranging my personal Pokémon party to take on the Hoenn League in Emerald were all about to draft their fantasy football teams...
    But that's none of my business. :P

I still live with them. However I work the time that they are at home and they work the time I'm at home. Or I'm out of town traveling so I'll miss them entirely. Only time I'll likely see either is at the end of the day before I go to bed.

My solo flight. I was nervous as hell having to fly a plane without my instructor in the cockpit with me, but the entire process went smoothly and I landed the aircraft successfully after stressing about it to no end! Any landing you can walk away from is a good one!

Talking about the Easter marshmallow treats? Yup! I can only eat one though, otherwise I'll feel overloaded on sugar.

Classic. Can't go wrong with the OG theme.

Physically? Yes. While I may not be the absolute strongest...when you're getting paid to heave a hundred and twenty 50+ pound baggages, you tend to get some muscle. I swear the size of my shoulders and biceps have doubled since I started this job. Mentally strong? Yes...although I'm always searching for other things to learn and stay sharp on.

Love rain. If it's not a thunderstorm, falling drops will lull me right to sleep. Could use some rain out here in Cali :(

I main Banished, but I'll occasionally play as UNSC.

• Favorite UNSC Leader: Serina
      • Favorite Power: Seismic Blast
    • Favorite Banished Leader: Decimus or Ship
      • Favorite Power: Siphon
    • Favorite Hero unit: Forgehog (Anvil Round OPness :D)
    Atriox's Eradication. It is soooo satisfying to drop that on a base (XD) or cluster of enemies.

• Infantry: Jump Brutes
    • Vehicle: Grizzly
    • Air: Blisterback

Thanks for the questions everyone :)

Rezna likes this.
  8. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: Have you ever gone go-karting?

:: Are you good enough at giving impromptu speeches?

:: Have you worn any article of clothing that had spikes on it?

9. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Have you ever been to Greenland?
    Have you ever been to Denver?
    Have you ever buried treasure in St. Louis? In St. Paul?
    Have you ever been to Moscow?
    Have you ever been to Tampa?
    Have you ever been to Boston in the Fall?

Have you ever hoist the mainstay?
    Have you ever swabbed the poopdeck?
    Have you ever veered to starboard?
    Have you ever sailed at all?
    Have you ever walked the gangplank?
    Have you ever owned a parrot?

Have you ever plucked a rooster?
    Are you any good at ping pong?
    Have you ever thrown your mashed potatoes up against the wall?
    Have you ever kissed a chipmunk?
    Have you ever gotten head lice?

Do you look like Captain Crunch?

Have you ever licked a sparkplug?
    Have you ever sniffed a stinkbug?
    Have you ever painted daisies on a big red rubber ball?
    Have you ever bathed in yogurt?
    Do you not look good in leggings?

Who's got the remote control?

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I see what you did there.

Bonus points if you actually opt to seriously answer all of those questions! I'll award you five full internet cookie jars.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  11. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Skarmory or Torchic?

12. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Yes I have. There is a track next to a small amusement park/mini golf course that's relatively close to my house and I've taken some of my younger cousins out there. It's fun except the two seater carts they have don't go very fast.

I prefer to come prepared...so no. If you give me an hour before I have to talk, I'll come up with something hopefully half decent.

I have not. Personally don't see the appeal.

Nope.

Yes. Many times. Very nice city.

Actually. Yes I've been to Moscow.

Nope. But I want to go sometime.

Never been to Boston.

We had a head lice outbreak at my middle school when I was in 8th. Fortunately I was among those who didn't get any.

I can fit in them for sure. Dunno if I'll look good though.
    The black hole in my household...also known as the couch.
    Skarmory. I love the steel bird with sword wings :)

Thanks for the questions guys :)

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  13. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    What is the worst outfit you've been forced to dress up in? (For an event/picture/losing a bet, etc.)

14. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Which do you choose: land, air, sea, or space?

15. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    1. How many languages do you know and what languages do you wish to know?
    2. What do you think about the new swarm catcher?

16. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,671.9
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    How much do you like fluffy things?
    What can make you jittery?
    How often do you get wakeful?

17. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Made a bet with a buddy on the NBA Finals back in '16. He was a Cleveland fan, I follow Golden State. I had to wear my work buddy's Cleveland Cavaliers hat and Lebron James jersey with a sign on my back all day during work saying that the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead...

Air. Experienced plenty of land. Space is overrated. But I do love the Navy...but definitely air.

I am fluent in English. Know a little bit of French, Hawaiian and Spanish.

I'd like to be fluent in those languages as well as Japanese, Russian and Portuguese.

Haven't encountered a swarm Pokémon just yet...so good for everyone else...not so much for me lol

Story fluff is usually cute. I don't own any pets either, so I guess the only really fluffy thing I own is my pillow...and it's a nice pillow :P

One thing that always makes me anxious is being stuck in a foreign place I know nothing about. This includes parts in America as well, because I have not been to a lot of places, especially in the East Coast. I like to travel with a plan in mind.

Usually when I'm heading to a foreign place by myself. I'm okay in connecting airports, but outside, I try to be as best aware of my surroundings as possible. I've been held at knifepoint before in an attempted robbery.

Thanks for the ?s guys! :)

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  18. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    OOF, as a fellow Dubs fan this hurt to read. >_>

How often do you get flak from Dubs haters for stuff like Durant and whatnot?

19. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    What's it like in California? I live in the Northeast US, so I don't know that much about the rest of the country.

20. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Yeah that one stung pretty bad. Not just the loss, but the jeers from people saying that my team choked in arguably the biggest upsets in NBA History.

Honestly, since most of my coworkers and friends are also Dubs fans...not much. The Durant flak came from "stacking teams" and "buying a championship" with "Durant just wants a ring" Lots of it also comes over Xbox in the few times basketball comes up in discussion (around the playoffs) Most others accuse me of that, but usually understand when I say that I had grown up in the Bay Area.

I think the worst part from all the Dubs haters is that they think we're all "bandwagon" or fair weather fans who only show our support when they're winning and whatnot. Annoys the hell out of me.
    To help prove them wrong, I've got some hats and shirts (too small now) from the 90s, when Golden State was the laughing stock of the NBA.

Depends on the region of California you live in...one thing overall is that it's expensive.

Here are some positives:
    • Great food, so many different ethnic groups around so authentic restaurants of all kinds. As someone who spent some time in the Kansas City metro area, the only thing I haven't found to be as good in terms of food is barbecue...although KC kind of spoiled me on that.
    • On top of the latest fads and trends
    • Great weather
    • Liberal
    • One of the higher wages in the country for working (this is kind of balanced out by the higher cost of living though)
    • The mountains and valleys are awesome for hiking and camping out
    • Nice people...very diverse
    • The beaches (more so in Southern California...NorCal beaches are kind of cold)
    • 80% of my extended family all live in either the Sacramento Valley, Bay Area or Southern California
    • Booze is cheap and a higher alcohol content compared to the rest of the country.
    And here are the not so positive stuff:
    • Traffic (rush hour is god awful)
    • Expensive to live (even for a studio apartment)
    • People can be overdramatic and full of themselves...also a lot of weirdos
    • It is very easy to turn into a rough neighborhood, California is definitely not a place you want to get lost in. There are some places where you can be shot on sight just because you're of a certain race.
    • Gang violence is rampant

So overall, California is a great place, just make sure you have the money to sustain yourself and find a good neighborhood to live in.