1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rad’s Random Doodles

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by RadEmpoleon, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    She does look cute and I'm biased for pink so

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    RadEmpoleon likes this.
  2. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Here’s something I drew a while ago. It was my avatar in a game I play called Love Nikki.
    DA735421-D7E3-4DAA-BED0-8225BD9BDB47.jpeg
    My avatar 75EC1804-EBD5-429F-BDE8-B89F6F05F3F9.png
    My drawing of her
    I don’t know if I want to finish her or draw her whole body. It was a cute avi though, I had it set as her for a while.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #22 Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    Cherry3Fairy likes this.
  3. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Woah, I was like "you drew that?!" before I scrolled down further.
    Your version looks nice too, especially her eyes.

RadEmpoleon likes this.
  4. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Alrighty I sketched another character from Love Nikki. This was one of the new Halloween suits added in last week. (This was my main Halloween “celebration”, because I started it at 2 in the morning on Halloween.)
    62542A81-5C3D-4C15-8AFC-2F02A518200B.jpeg
    This is the new suit, it’s supposed to be a werewolf.
    61B04F2B-E12C-4675-9773-2553936F42CF.png
    ok I’m gonna be honest I’ve been simping over this dude since I first saw him

I’ve been wanting to draw something recently (I’ve been watching too many art videos on Youtube) and it was 2 in the morning and I thought “hey let’s draw the wolf boy” so that happened. I learned a few new tricks in these videos, like how to draw basic face proportions, drawing hair, and flipping the canvas (although in the program I use, I have to flip each layer one by one, which is a bit annoying). I feel like the anatomy in this drawing is so much better than all my other drawings.
    Let’s compare wolf boi with my most recent drawing of Piers.
    61B04F2B-E12C-4675-9773-2553936F42CF.png
    Here’s wolf boi
    [​IMG]
    And here’s Piers. Haha that rhymes.
    Let’s bash the Piers drawing compare, shall we? First off, this drawing suffers from what I call “Tiny Hand Syndrome”, a common theme among my works. The neck is way too small and short in comparison to the head. The ear is also too small, and should be much lower on the head. There’s something off about the lower chin/jawline and I don’t know what. The torso is uncomfortably long, and let’s not even talk about the chest. It’s bad. Yikes. The hair looks like giant chunks of plastic, not hair. (Granted his hair doesn’t look natural in the slightest in the first place, but mine looks extra unrealistic.) The arms are of relatively good proportions though, especially the arm holding the microphone. That’s the redeeming quality.

Now on to wolf boi. The good thing about him is that his hands are not showing, so there’s no potential of Tiny Hand Syndrome happening. I know you can’t see it that well past the hair and hood, but the ear is in the right position. The face proportions look good. (The ear being in the right position helps to line up the facial features!) The hair looks natural and flows properly, since his head is tilted up. The neck is an appropriate size, and it looks really good, since I was using a reference to try to picture how it would look. That’s another thing I didn’t use much in the past: references. I used many references for wolf boi, and they helped him look much better.

I have intentions on doing 2 versions: one with and one without the fur coat hood thing. As much as I love the hood part of the coat, the fur part blocks a lot of the tattered shirt, which I like. (It also looks weird in my drawing.) I left out some details from the suit (the giant cross necklace and the black scarf on his neck) to keep it simple and to show off the shirt and his neck. I think the hardest part of this drawing will be the fur parts. I’m no good at drawing textures, and there’s so much fur to draw. There’s the tail, the ears, and the giant coat thing.

Unlike the goth girl above, I‘m planning on coloring him in. I’m not sure if I want to include outlines or not. I already started some of the coloring (not planning on including outlines), but I’m not sure about it now... if I do include them, I’m gonna have to re-draw all of them because the pencil I use for the initial sketch is too thick and opaque for outlines.

5. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    I'm finally getting closer to finishing the drawing from the previous post. I gave up for a while, but I picked up on it recently and I'm almost done. I'll post my current WIP for now.
    [​IMG] y'ALL I'm screaming at how good it's turning out! (´▽`ʃƪ)

I've been using plenty of references and watching helpful videos so I think I know what I'm doing now? Yeah. Ok. I'm loving the shadows I added for the background and stuff... I put the slightest purple shadow over the whole drawing and it made it look 1000% better. I'm also loving the eyes- I watched a video on how to shade eyes and my life has been changed... ahhh they're so good and detailed!

6. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Here's something I decided to start last night/this morning: chibi Tsu on a froggy chair
    363253AC-26E1-48B1-BDD2-F27654B61D17.png Nothing too difficult or complicated for this little doodle. I kept it simple with the shading and I figured out a new trick I'll be using in the future. Setting the layer to multiply will darken based on what color is below it, so I used the base color, added a new layer, and set it to multiply. The same goes for highlights and setting the layer to screen, which lightens based on the colors below it.