1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rate My Team Rate this team I doing?

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by DemonicKraken, Oct 22, 2017.

1. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    This isn't final, and its probably terrible, but heres what it is so far:

*Tapu Koko (Dazzling Gleam, Discharge, Agility, Electro Ball)(Electric Surge)(Electrium Z)

*Flareon (Flamethrower, Bite, Lava Plume, Wish)(Flash Fire)

*Haunter (Hypnosis, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Dream Eater)(Levitate)

*Greninja (Water Shuriken, Substitute, Toxic Spikes, Water Pulse)(Protean)

*Male Meowstic (Psychic, Light Screen, Role Play, Reflect)(Keen Eye)

*Krookodile (Foul Play, Sand Tomb, Dig, Crunch)(Intimidate)

Things I plan to definitely change:

*Get Haunter to Gengar

*Change Krookodile's moveset a bit. Mostly Sand Tomb.

*Get everybody good held items (only tapu koko has one: electrium z)

So, any advice or help?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    You seem to have a bit of a weakness to ground here. Your only reliable offense in that regard is Greninja's Water Shuriken and Pulse (I'd personally keep pulse and replace Shuriken with something else, but that's because I like offensive diversity), and literally half of your team is weak to ground once you evolve Haunter. If I had to choose one to replace, I'd probably replace Flareon. I haven't put much thought process into the replacement, but Leafeon is one of my favorite Grass-types, and might have a role in the team.

Again with my preference for offensive diversity, I'd change some movesets where you have two equally good STAB moves. Discharge or Electro Ball for TK, Water Shuriken or Water Pulse for Greninja, something not-Ground and not-Dark when you replace Sand Tomb for Krookodile (since you have Dig and Crunch and Foul Play (not sure which of those I'd keep)).

I'm not exactly a genius when it comes to battling, so my two cents is probably worth about one penny with chewed gum stuck to it. Don't follow my advice unless you also think it's a good idea.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Aah, weakness to ground is a big problem, isnt it? Leafeon actually is a good idea: But I've already leveled up the flareon so much...ehh...probably wont change any Pokémon on the team ever mostly due to laziness, but movesets and stuff can easily change.

As for Krookodile, it learns literally one move that isnt ground or dark from leveling up: And I dont like moves that confuse my Pokémon and stuff, so Outrage is a nah. I think maybe...Brick Break, to counter Light Screen and stuff? Sure. Sand Tomb is replaced with Brick Break, and Dig is gonna become Earthquake. I hear STAB earthquake absol-utely destroys.

4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Hmmm. Basically what @Zero Sifr said, you've got a huge cheek in that half your team will have a weakness to ground especially since Gengar no longer gets Levitate. I'd also replace Dig with Earthquake or Bulldoze since those two can wreck foes and on the digging part makes him even more vulnerable. Setting up Greninja's Substitue and Toxic Spikes is also a nice idea, but watch out for Protean since it becomes a double edged sword in making it Poison type...with another weakness to Ground.

All the enemy would need is a speedy Earthquake user and since it's learned by such a diverse amount of Pokémon, you might find yourself get picked apart rather quickly.

Also look out for some of the other uncommon, but hard-hitting types like Bug, Dark and Fighting. You've got at least two of your Pokémon weak to those.

One suggestion I do have is to replace Shadow Ball on Gengar for Hex. I know it's a rather unorthodox move, but seeing how Greninja's Toxic Spikes, Flareon's fire moves and Tapu Koko's discharge have a chance to poison, burn or paralyze respectively, Hex has the chance to come and wipe foes off the map. Maybe even do a Venoshock that would pair well with the Toxic Spikes setup. The Hypnosis-Dream Eater Combo is nice, but the former is a bit too inaccurate for me.

Take my advice with a grain of salt bro. I don't do much competitive battling nowadays.

5. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Hex sounds like a good idea. I'll probably go for that. And Krookodile definitely gets Earthquake. And for Greninja, an alright situation could happen here:

*Greninja uses Substitute. Opponent doesn't break it (whether to set up stealth rocks or whatever)
    *Greninja uses Toxic Spikes.
    *Greninja uses Water Shuriken/Pulse.

All it needs is to be quicker then the opponent and its golden. Although theres another problem there: Greninja has Best in 4 stats and Decent in the other 2. Speed and Attack are the Decents, which means speed could be a problem. But Greninja is partially merely support to get the toxic spikes off. Plus, the water moves could try to wipe out the ground type quickly enough. The opponent might even obliviously switch Pokémon to avoid a water shuriken hitting their ground type.

6. Knightmare

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽214.5
    I'll just touch my issues other users hadn't mentioned :o

First and foremost you have a severe lack of physical attackers, speciall walls such as Chansey will eat your patience quickly. Your only dedicated physical attacker is Krookodile and I wouldn't rely on him as much given its weakness to fairies.

Your male meowstic is going to work more efficiently with the prankster ability, seeing you want to use it as a doble screen setter.

I'd suggest you revamp a few moves too, for example what will be the utility of roleplay on meowstic.

That's all I can think of now, also as a heads up you could format your RMT and add other important information like the nature and EVs of your pokémon. :D

7. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I'll also add my two cents, although I don't really dabble in the competitive scene, so as everyone else said take this with a grain of salt!

Having Water Shuriken on Greninja is a bit ehh, since RNGesus might screw you over, and Greninja doesn't get Skill Link. Maybe replace it with Scald? With that, if you go with BraviaryScout's advice and change Gengar's Shadow Ball for Hex, Scald tends to burn opponents more often than not, and there's that chance for the Water Pulse confusion. To make up for Hypnosis' godawful accuracy, you could throw a Wide Lens on Gengar, or to make up for the ground type weakness, an Air Balloon. I understand your possible situation with Greninja, but that's an extremely specific situation, and it honestly might not happen as often as you think it would.

Krookodile is kinda tragic because such an awesome Pokémon gets a terribly limited moveset by level. I'd say keep Crunch to deal with pesky Ghost and Psychic types, replace Sand Tomb with EQ (as everyone else suggested), Brick Break could work really well for dual screeners, and you could even breed it to have Fire Fang to deal with Bug, Ice, and Grass types. Dragon Tail could work if you already have Toxic Spikes up and just wanna spread the poison around. I see plenty of choice scarf sets, but choice band could also work, but you have to be very very careful with choice items!

I'd be careful with having Role Play on Meowstic, especially if it has Prankster. You might end up unintentionally giving the enemy an advantage. I've seen some M-Meowstic sets run Yawn, or you could throw on Thunder Wave or something.

As some others suggested, maybe replace Flareon with something else. That'd be one less Pokémon that's weak to ground, and as a competitive Pokémon Flareon is often outclassed by Pixilate Sylveon or Magic Bounce Espeon. I don't see any walls, so an Umbreon would be great to stall out teams. If there's a Rapid Spinner that comes in and you're unable to bring in Gengar to spin block for whatever reason, throw on a Toxic for Umbreon, Wish-Protect combo, and something else as an attacking move, and Leftovers. It's gonna be a pain in the ass to take down.

I'm really sorry I wrote so much orz and as I mentioned, I don't really mess with the competitive scene outside of Pokémon Showdown. Still, hopefully you'll be able to construct the perfect team. Best of luck!

8. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Alright, I've decided: To limbo with actual Pokémon game competitive battling. I'm sticking to showdown, where I dont have to spend hours breeding pokemom and leveling up Pokémon and--