1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Reading or watching?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BiohazardSr, Oct 25, 2015.

Tags:
?

Do you prefer reading or TV?

1. TV

33.3%
  2. Books

66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Which do you prefer to do; reading a good book or watching your favorite show? Be honest, don't just say book just to sound cultured.

I honestly prefer tv and watching shows in general. I love books, but I find myself watching shows more often.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I don't have a television.

I rarely read books, too, but at least the chances of my reading one are greater than zero.

3. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    TV. Takes less time and having visuals is nice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I hardly watch television anymore. All the good shows of the not so distant past are scarce or removed. All there is now is modern shows that do not suit my liking. I do watch documentaries, but not all the time. I also do not have enough time to watch if there are good shows (on school days). I watch anime on the computer, so I won't make it count.

I find myself reading more often, because a book is amongst my most prized of items. Reading takes me to wonderful places where television does not have the capacity to go. Reading engages the mind, helps someone to learn and strengthens the imagination. Many people nowadays do not read often, which I find quite sad because a book is wonderful.

5. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I'm torn between the two. Firstly, TV is easier to do. Just sit back, relax, and turn off your imagination. Plus, there's a whole team of people making sure your TV is a good final product, whereas books usually just have one or two authors plus an editor.

On the other hand, books always have perfect acting and casting (after all, your imagination is choosing the perfect actors and making them read their lines perfectly), and they're patient. TV you have to either remain seated for the duration of the ride or go through the trouble of pausing and resuming. Books you can pause any time you want and read anywhere you want. Your room? Check. On the bus? Check. Breaktime at work? Check. Book is patient. Book waits for you.

My final vote is for books. Paperbook over Ebook and Audiobook, if it matters.

6. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    I never really enjoyed reading, to be honest. It's pretty impossible to find me reading a book unless it's for school (and even then I probably wouldn't read it all the way). The most I've read on my way was this one Pokémon back in the day, I don't really remember what it was called but I actually enjoyed it because I really loved Pokémon back then.
    If I'm gonna read something, I want visuals to go along with it, or else I'll get bored or sleepy very quickly. That's probably the reason why I enjoy manga so much. Visuals just make everything better imo, which is why I enjoy TV more than reading.
    Books are for nerds anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.