1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Reborn's Ask Me Anything!

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Reborn, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    When were you last reborn?

What do you nickname your blastoise?

How stressful is it running a league?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Every morning after I've had my tea :P

Probably something dumb like Steve. I find it funny when Pokémon have people names for some reason.

Pretty much as stressful as I expected it to be. Honestly it could be a lot worse, you guys have been really easy to work with :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning and the last thing you do before you go to bed?

4. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Hmmm I don't really have a set routine. Recently my sleep schedule has been pretty messed up (it's nearly 5am in my timezone) so I guess there first thing I do most days is cook for my family (mostly me and my dad since my mum and sister have pretty restrictive diets) and the last thing would be fall asleep to Vince Gilligan's masterpiece Breaking Bad (this is my second time watching it so I don't really miss much).

5. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    What does the cup you use for coffee or tea look like?
    How many pairs of shoes do you have?
    What's the worst game you've played this year?

6. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Did you like the clone Blastoise from the first movie?

7. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Well I use this tea set, so the cup to the left is what my cup looks like
    http://www.hebdentea.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Ling-Jap-teapot-800.jpg

Probably like 6 or something like that? I only really buy new ones when I need to and I horde the old ones lol.

Honestly I haven't played too many awful games, since me and my friends are pretty picky when it comes to choosing a game in the first place. Sadly I'd have to say Blacks Ops 3 for the PC, for the simple reason that it's practically unplayable for me. There is an issue where it crashes the display driver if running an AMD graphics card, meaning everything you have done up to that point was a waste of time and in the new zombies mode it can take a good 30 minutes before you are all set up and actually start having fun...And then if for some miracle you don't crash and decide to pause the game (How I have been doing recently to watch the LVDL battles) when you resume you will either get a 'Lost Connection to Host' message in a single player game, or all of the zombies' animations stop and some of the zombies are invisible...And if none of the above happens then you will just randomly get disconnected from their servers. I can't remember the last time the game ended because I died. And it sucks because I love the actual gameplay so much, it's just an unplayable AAA game.

Okay rant over.

It's been so long since I watched that movie, or the anime in general so honestly I don't have an opinion on it :( I guess I would since I guess it's just a stronger natural Blastoise?

8. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    How do you remember people? Through faces? Names? Traits?

9. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    When someone makes a request to make a sig or something like that with a character you've never seen before, do you get inspired to look further into the series/game/anime the character is from?

10. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Definitely through faces and traits. I'm awful with names unless I've known you for a long time, and even then I mess up names all the time.

To be honest I just don't have the time. I have an issue motivating myself to start watching/playing a new series, even if I know it's going to be great. I guess I have commitment issues lol

11. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    What do you think is the limit for human creativity?

12. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Hmm that's a really interesting question. I guess it depends on what you consider to be creative, and the concept of creativity is fairly subjective. Taking music as an example, what some might consider to be intriguing and creative others might consider to just be strange and uninteresting. So I guess there isn't really a limit to creativity since its a fairly abstract concept, you can't really define what is and isn't creative.

There was probably a more straight forward answer to that question and I was thinking too much about it. I guess if there is a limit to how creative a human can be we would/could never know about it.

Also I have a quick question for you :P Did you end up having your week 2 battle with Blast for the LVDL? He told me that he was trying to get in contact with you to arrange a date and time to battle but he said that you didn't respond and the deadline was yesterday for battle replays. I'm willing to extend this deadline until Wednesday (the 6th) as to not complicate things with forfeit wins but if not I will have to award the win to Blast (who has already had his round 3 battle).

13. Pitmore

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    How are you today?

14. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Would you describe yourself as someone who's into bèta subjects (such as physics, chemistry and biology), or are you more an alpha person (i.e. economy, history, art)?

What would be the first thing you'd do if you win one million (your currency) in the national lottery?

What's your favourite food to have for breakfast?

15. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    I'm alright, I was pretty busy but in a good way :P

Weird that you'd say that, since last year and the year before the subjects I took were Chemistry, Biology and Economics (with the year before Photography being included in those). If you asked me 3 years ago I would have said the sciences but since my best results were by far in Economics and Photography and I'm planning to study Economics next year at university I'd have to say I'm an alpha person.

Honestly I don't have an interesting answer to this. I don't feel like one million is enough to completely change my life plan or anything and I feel like I would use it more as a peace of mind and a safety net in case things don't go as planned. So I guess first thing I'd do is make sure I don't lose it stupidly, maybe find a low risk way of investing it.

It has to be pancakes, specifically american pancakes. They're just amazing :P

16. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    How often do you find yourself making spelling / typing errors when you've clearly seen how to spell them beforehand?

17. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    For words that I don't use often or rarely have to type out, then all the time. If I'm ever wrong/unsure about the spelling of a word I generally just search the spelling so I know for next time.

18. Pitmore

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I HAVE COME TO ASK AGAIN!!

Doo you like shiney things?

Ever painted your nails?

Do you plan to stay here for a long while?

19. ClamEatsCurry

ClamEatsCurry Resident Clam

PokéPoints:
    ₽172.7
    After looking at your graphics, I'm amazed. Where did you learn to design like that?
    Edit: I see you have other graphics related questions, I'm asking more specifically about if you're completely self taught or did you get help from other people too?
    What was your motivation to continue to make graphics after so many years?

20. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Oh god I'm sorry I didn't see this reply until now :/ Better late than never right? :P

Hell yeah I like shiny things. Shiny cars, shiny jewelry, most things can be improved by being shiny lol.

I can't say that I have, not that I have any real objection to it, I guess I never really felt the need to or never have been bored enough to.

Well if the time since you asked me this question suggests anything I'd say yeah. I mean I don't really have any reason to leave.

Oh please, feel free to ask me GFX questions :)

I first learned from a friend who was making fairly basic forum signatures on a small forum that we were both on (this is aaages ago). He showed me a few effects and I came up with some signatures which honestly were an abomination. I then looked at what people were doing on other forums and wanted to try different styles. I joined a few GFX communities and followed a bunch of tutorials until I developed a style of my own, but I still like to experiment with different styles, such as my more recent pieces. So yeah, just a long time of experimentation and learning techniques from different people.

I kind of answered that question already, but for the most part it was by myself with some help from others a long the way. Tutorials were a huge help so I guess I was helped by the makers of the tutorials as well.

Honestly I missed it. There were two distinct periods, about a year long each, where I didn't touch Photoshop pretty much out of lack of time. Recently I got back in to it mostly just to be able to learn and get better at newer techniques, such as the smudge signatures I've been experimenting with recently.

Pitmore likes this.