1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rated M Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Vigilance, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    [​IMG]
    So this came out on the 26th and my roommate bought it. Between watching him play and trying it out a bit for myself, I've gone through 15% of the main story.

This is my first time playing a story based video game really on a console so there's that but I quite like it. It's got a good plot around it and is pretty darn immersive. The characters are likable and provide for a thrilling journey. Game graphics are amazing (huge step up from RDR on PS3) and all in all I enjoy playing it when I can. I'm not the biggest fan of shooting games but there is quite a bit of shooting/hunting/killing and the way the game sets it up is quite cool so not bad at all.

If you've played it, let us know your thoughts!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I haven't gotten it yet, but I'm really hyped for it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance likes this.
  3. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I'm avoiding this one until it goes on sale. I honestly don't like Westerns at all - in fact, it's probably the genre of media I like the least - and I feel like this kinda pushes realism to the point that it wouldn't be immersive for me at all, because I generally don't play video games for realism. From what I've watched and read, this is not a game I would like very much. I suppose I can appreciate the direction they took with it - although I question the validity of working 100 hour weeks for some of this stuff I've read about - but it's not for me personally.

That, plus I still have a ridiculous amount of Assassin's Creed Odyssey to play and I don't have time for another ridiculously huge open world game. I could ask for it for Christmas I suppose but I'd rather have Darksiders III because I have been anticipating that for YEARS. It's a question of having the time as much as anything else. xD

...and anything that gets universal glowing praise from the media sets off alarm bells in my head. Breath of the Wild received nothing but praise and it was a terrible game; I got so bored. I don't think this could live up to my expectations...

#3 Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I don't have a PS4, or any of the consoles this will come out on. Even if I did, I probably wouldn't buy this. My impression of Red Dead Redemption is "GTA except cowboys instead", or perhaps "Grand Theft Equine". Don't get me wrong, Rockstar makes top-notch games that are well made, fun, and iconic; but it's not for me. The crime-adventure genre of games has been utterly ruined for me (with the exception of Saints Row 3, maybe, but it has been a while), and this just seems like the same thing in a different setting.

My main hope for it is that it draws away some of the annoying focus of "Geeteeyay". Ardeeyar being gutturally uttered in an 11-year-old voice hasn't trained itself into an eye-roll reaction from me yet. Props to the grown-ups who will responsible about this game and its potential for obsession.

5. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I highly recommend. There's quite a bit to explore and the missions definitely do get better and better. It gives you a lot of freedom too with it not forcing you to do "required" missions so that is always good. Definitely a good purchase.