1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Request feedback on your writing here!

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Morgaine, Feb 11, 2017.

1. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Seems interesting so far.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Anubis the Lucario likes this.
  2. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    I think you click on thread tool and click on the word that says 'prefix' next to your thread title. You should see the word "Fanfiction" within the options. Hope that helps and just for helping you out, I'll take a read on your fanfic. c:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Thank you :)

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  4. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    No problem. And by the way, your fanfic has catch my interest. I do have to say that it was written differently than mine. Being that it was written in past tense, which I don't mind, and that the characters speaks to each other within the same paragraphs. This used to confused me at first but now, I'm starting to know who speaks who. Overall, I like it and couldn't wait to see more of it.

Speaking of fanfic, you can take a read of mine if you like. It's in my signature as said underneath this comment post. c:

Anubis the Lucario likes this.
  5. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Cool, I'll be sure to look at it :)

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  6. Jacoman52

Jacoman52 Bug Catcher

Charms
    (Charmander)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17.3
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Hey, all, I just posted the prologue and first chapter of a new fanfiction, Pokémon: Red. Would love a review, either here, or at FFN. Comments can include general impressions, places where the pacing seemed too slow or too fast, what helped or hurt your interest, things that connected or resonated with you, places where reading felt like extra work, references you got, stuff that went over your head, plush ego massages, or anything else that strikes you. I'm currently planning on writing between assignments this semester, maybe at the pace of a chapter or two a month, but we'll see how that goes!

Links:

Lake Valor Library post: https://lakevalor.net/threads/pokémon-red.18485

Fanfiction.net post: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12598691/1/Pokémon-Red

Synopsis: The original Pokémon journey like never experienced before. In 1998, a kid from Earth takes his first steps into the Pokémon World. There, as he rises to the challenge of the Indigo Plateau, he must unravel the mystery behind an ancient civilization uniting the multiverse and confront a sinister organization whose tampering with time and space threatens the very fabric of reality. Originally published on Fanfiction.net.

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  7. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I left a review of your work on Fanfiction. I really love the idea and can't wait to see the rest of the story develop.

Jacoman52 likes this.
  8. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    Greetings Jacoman52 good sir. The name's Sonic Ramon, as you could tell my the left side of this post, and I wanted to inform you my opinions on your fanfic: It's interesting. The writing is done well and the characters are fine. The only problem I had with it is the prologue being a bit too long for the story. I'm fine with things taking its time and setting up the mood but don't like it when it drags a bit too long. Especially when it can lead to someone getting bored of the story and almost quit on it. But I eventually got past prologue and things gotten interesting since then. I also looked up Satoshi Taijri to see if him liking insects were true and wow, it is true. And you executed that amazingly! Overall, I can't wait to see more of the story and wonder how it'll go. Funny bit here: While I was reading the fanfic, I saw the part in chapter 1 where they mentioned Pokémon merchandise and was like "Oh right! This is a Pokémon fanfic! Thought I was reading another story or something.

But anyway, that is my overall opinion towards it. x3
    Edit: On that note, if you ever want to take a read on mine, you can. Just let me know what you think about it in PMs on LV, in this thread, or in DMs on Discord. :3

#48 Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Jacoman52 likes this.
  9. Jacoman52

Jacoman52 Bug Catcher

Charms
    (Charmander)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17.3
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Much obliged! I'll take a look at your story, too!

10. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    Thanks. n3n

11. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Could anyone give me feedback on Lost and Found? I feel like I could definitely improve.... lol

12. ChaoticLupa

Shadow
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽90.7
    I gotcha, is it on fanfiction? Or is it uploaded here?

13. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Both. Although I'm not sure if my third chapter is on FF yet

14. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
  15. KenitohMenara

KenitohMenara School Kid

Philomena
    (Ponyta)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17.5
  16. Erecles

Erecles Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
  17. NinjaSquirtle

PokéPoints:
    ₽26.7
    Hi! I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give some feedback on my story, Now is Not The Time to Use That, and give me some pointers on areas where I can improve. I'll read and give feedback on your stories in return. Here's the link:

https://lakevalor.net/threads/now-is-not-the-time-to-use-that.18275/

Let me know what you think, and be sure to provide a link to your own work as well.

#57 Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  18. Raziere

Aurora
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽52.7
    I'd like some feedback about To Catch a Mew, my fan fic. I've managed to update it to Episode 18, where I'm currently at on fanfic.net so you guys are all caught up.

19. Leaflame

Leaflame Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.1
    I write Amourshipping fanfictions on FFN.Net , and it would be really awesome if you could check out my latest story, link here: fanfiction.net/s/12516756/1/For-a-Competition-of-Dreams I hope I see you guys there!

20. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★