1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Security Blankets/Comfort Items.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gazi, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Does anybody else have a security blanket or item? Something that you use to calm down when you're upset, or something that you carry around with you just in case you might need it?
    I have a thick purple jacket with a furry hood that I wear absolutely everywhere, even in the middle of summer. If I'm just feeling overwhlemed, I pull the hood on and kind of snuggle with the furry trim. In this jacket I also keep four items, two in each pocket. A soft strawberry plush. A squishy pac-man ghost. A squishy rhino, and a plastic Croagunk toy. Each of these items can fit in the palm of my hand, and I like to fiddle with them when I'm feeling bored or anxious.

2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Believe it or not, I have a stuffed dragon that has been my security item for as long as I've had it and I also carry a notebook everywhere in case I come up with a story or RP ides while I'm out

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    My Shrek plush.

No, I'm not joking. Somebody once told me the world was gonna roll me...

Also a thicc red jacket. It makes me feel less exposed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Chicken and Mandriel like this.
  4. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    A Stitch tsum tsum.It goes where I go, traveling in my backpack like a pet.

5. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Hoodies or sweatshirts. I like to have my arms covered at all times. I can't tell you why it just makes me feel more at ease.

6. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I have a large Sears Charmander plush I had since I was 10.
    So 18 years.
    Still soft and huggable.

7. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I got myself a squirtle plush that lies next to my pillow and I hug when it's late and I've been reading horror stories.

Also, rings! They're great objects to fidget with when I feel nervous or when I'm forced to sit still for long periods of time. They also look fantastic *_*

8. RegionRunner150

RegionRunner150 PKMN Breeder

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Great Ball ★★
    There's typically two things I do. When I'm upset I look through old playbills from plays I was in and get whisked away to my younger life, it helps a lot. Another thing I do (like Mandriel) is I have 2 chains that I wear around my neck that I mess around with at times, one is of the Road to the Dawn Keyblade from Kingdom Hearts, and another is the Sharingan from Naruto.

9. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    At all tīmes? Ī have Tīme Gēar pendant (that Ī māde myself) whiçh mākes mē fēēl powerful (Ī am Grōvyle from PMD Sky~!)

When alōne? Prāyer (or sińgińg).

When slēēpińg? One side fācińg/touçhińg the wall (sēriously!).

10. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I don't have any at the moment, but I did as a kid. One in particular was a stuffed toy duck who I named 'Gum' for some reason. He was my first ever toy and I took him EVERYWHERE. I had really bad anxiety issues as a kid due to events happening in my life at the time, but when I had Gum in my arms I immediately felt safe. If I didn't have him with me I would cry. I still remember how upset I was when I had to leave him at home on my first day of school...
    I still have Gum and he sits in the corner of my bedroom along with a few other childhood stuffed toys :)

11. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I have a stuffed penguin I've had since I was born, and I still snuggle with it at night to this day! (Though it hasn't aged well, it's still soft imo)