1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Site Questions, Suggestions & Feedback [Archive]

Discussion in 'Support Hub' started by Ryan, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I can see quite the case of bias here. For a start, we do not need a whole forum for GSC. It is not discussed or as relevant as newer generations. If we made a subforum for it, it would just be another forum that was dead and without many discussion topics. As for the bias bit, why would we make a forum specifically for GSC, but not one for say...HeartGold or SoulSilver? They are also clumped with another game that is in their generation, so why should one get special treatment? I'm sorry but we won't be doing this idea as it really is unnecessary.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    I completely understand this. For the most part this was me just letting off some steam. As for the special treatment part, I was merely suggesting a new sub forum in Tohjo Falls specifically for Gen II, just like all the other Gens have. Again, for the most part, this was merely me getting rid of some stress, although even I think a rant about Gen II was a bit of a weird way to do so.

3. AtlasSniperman

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    I'd love to share my nuzlocke/fanfiction with the Lake Valor community, but I'm not sure if I can. It's a mature content story and as I'm not an experienced member, I'm not sure if it violates any rules. It's currently up on DeviantArt, so if anyone with a DA account that can view Mature Content is willing to give it a read and tell me if it's ok to post, please let me know.

4. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I have a couple of suggestions, but I'm not sure quite how difficult the two of these would be to implement.

Firstly, a way to view your uploaded images. This would be a very useful feature, because then not only would you not have to save the link forever, with fear of losing the link and being forced to upload it again, but then you can also delete images that are no longer needed, thus freeing up space on LV's servers. (If this already exists and I just can't find it, then I apologize)

Secondly, an RSS feed output for a user's notification bar. I know that RSS feeds already exist, but as of now you can only use them to follow Blogs or such. It would be very useful to myself, for example, if I could have an RSS feed linked to my desktop and phone, so I knew whenever I recieved a new notification. I realize this may be difficult to implement, so if it isn't possible then I'm sure I'll be able to survive. :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I don't think this is possible given the nature of the application, however I have added it so you can view recently uploaded images, so it should work almost the same.

6. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Hey there! According to the rules of the Literature Library, NSFW stories, including mature content, cannot be posted. Sorry about that. :'[

Also, do keep in mind that the Members' Lobby forum is not for questions about the community; if you have small questions like where to post what we recommend asking in the Quick Questions & Answers thread. I'll merge your topic there for you now!

7. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    So, yesterday, I had made a topic on the Competitive Discussion thread that was something along the lines of "What was a Pokémon that you thought was useless, but then surprised you that made you change your mind?" and I posted it with competitive-ness in mind. I looked in a few other threads to make sure no similar topics were made.

However, I woke up this morning and found out that the topic was apparantly deleted. Im just wondering how that couldve happened. Did I miss something that wouldve made it delete-able?

8. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    There was already an existing topic similar to your thread, so it was merged with the existing one. You can find your original post here in this topic, along with the replies to it. Even though your topic was little more competitively detailed, it was too similar to the already existing topic that was talking about Pokémon that changed your mind or made a comeback more in general.

9. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Ah, ok. Sad part was that I actually searched around to make sure that no one else made a similar topic. Not hard enough, I suppose XD

Edit: Actually, I think I saw that topic a while ago. I guess I didnt think they were too similar. But ech.

10. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Something I just thought of: what about dividing the LV League Badges into Obtainable Badges and Unobtainable Badges or something based on the badges currently used by the League? Just so they're not all clustered together and so people can easily see what Badges and Leaders they need to challenge.

11. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    That's a really good idea, nice catch! Just separated them in the medals page. Lookin' awesome.

12. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    An idea that would personally appeal to myself, I think there should be a hotkey to submit a post. Something like "CTRL+Enter" perhaps? Personally I much prefer using a keyboard to a mouse, so this would benefit myself greatly. (Also, is there anything more satifsying than smashing the enter key dramatically after finishing a post? :P )

And another feature that would be pretty cool would be the ability to change which medals are displayed beneath one's name. I want to showcase the gold ones I have! (I like gold!) :3

One final feature that could do with extra refinement is the page style button on the top-left of the page when using the Gaussian theme. When pressed it will hide all the posters' icons and signatures, which is handy because it firstly fills the screen with text better, so is easier to read, but is also handy for hiding some... Rather strange icons when you're browsing in school or work where certain icons will get you some funny looks. I would appreciate this feature being added to some of the other themes, as it would make LV much easier to use without making me change the theme each time I go to school. :P

13. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    1) This probably isn't possible as not only is making changes to the text editor risky, but it's very complex as well. This is a feature you shouldn't expect any time soon, unfortunately.

2) This is something I've wanted myself -- we'll bring it up with @[member="Phun"] or @[member="Sanctuary"] once they finish their current projects. No guarantees as to it being possible though!

3)
    This is already being planned. Shh. Don't tell anyone!

14. Phun

Phun Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    What you can actually do is hit tab (this moves the cursor out of the text window to the post button) and then hit enter.

15. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I don't know if this is even possible, but it would be awesome if members could buy Pokeballs from the LV shop (the ones next to your name).

I'd also like to suggest adding a #6666FF or #009966 name color + name glow to the LV Shop. I'm kind of interested in buying a Contributor+ nameglow in the shop because I want to upgrade to C+, but I'm not a very big fan of the name colors available.

16. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Planning on adding the purple glow and red contributor glows for Contrib+. Let me try to do that now. :)

EDIT: Added :)

17. Martsian

Martsian Gym leader

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.8
    I think that it could be a great idea to stream some battles in a regular basis!

18. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    So, this has been a thing that's been bothering for a little, but I noticed that whenever you check the user lists for, for example, Mentors, it only shows the ones with the job nameglow. Not that it's essential, but it would be nice if the user lists showed all members that fall under that category (such as [member='Gengar's Grin'], who doesn't appear under the user list for mentors found here: http://lakevalor.net/index.php?app=members&section=view&module=list&filter=40 )

19. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Could we include Instagram in our list of contacts/profiles with other websites?

20. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Going to add an Instagram and Facebook field now! Don't assume anyone will have issues with that. Will look into other suggestions as soon as I'm done. =)

edit: added! Streaming battles isn't up to me, unfortunately, so I'll see if I can get the streamers to reply to your suggestion soon. Going to look into seeing if there's a way to show members who are mentors as their secondary group (like GG) when searching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.