1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Socks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wizard, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Socks. You can wear them on your feet (or your nose, I don't judge).

How often do you wear socks? Do you wear them around your home? Do you put them on your dog's ears? What types of socks do you wear?

I wear socks starting from when I get ready for the day until I brush my teeth at night. I live in an apartment with wooden flooring that can get super cold in the winter, so I prefer having socks to keep my toes warm. Whenever I wear shoes, I will always wear socks. Most of my socks are black, but I have a couple of fun pairs like some shark socks and some stance socks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I wear socks all the time (like right now.)

With or without shoes, socks are normally on my feet. I do just wear sandals sometimes but most of the time I want socks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Around the house, I wear crocs (they’re ugly, but comfortable). For any other pair of shoes, black or grey socks are what I go with. Those colors match most shoes and they feel much more comfortable.

4. Flumph

Flumph PKMN Breeder

Azelf (Anniversary)
    (Azelf (Anniversary))
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,834.1
    Amulet Coin ★★★
    Socks, even on a gravel driveway if I must. Shoes only when necessary/I don't have 5 pairs of socks to put on to make shocks.

5. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I hate socks, but they are a necessary evil. You can tell if I have gone out for the day if I am wearing socks. At night, when I take them off, it means that I'm not planning on going anywhere for the rest of the evening, and only the gravest of emergencies will change that. As much as I hate socks, I would never wear shoes without them, it feels gross on my feet, let alone the actual level of gross that shoes no socks usually is. If I'm not going far though, like say, running to my car to grab something, or doing laundry at my apartments laundry room, barefoot all the way.

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Does running out of ice cream count? XD

Anyway, I'm not big on socks either. If I need to wear socks, it's because I need to wear shoes; I have flip-flops for walking around the house/dorm or down to the caf to eat. Of course, when it gets cold in the winter (not as often down here in Texas/Louisiana, but it does happen) I'll wear socks and shoes if I really have to go outside.

7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    If you turn a sock inside out and put it on your foot, then everything except for your foot is wearing the sock. *illuminati theme plays*

I sometimes wear socks, usually if I’m wearing sneakers or other closed toe shoes. Other than that, I don’t wear socks too often. I don’t like walking around in just socks because I don’t like getting getting them dirty or stepping in something (especially a puddle of water, I don’t like the feeling of wet socks). And if I sleep in socks, then they almost always fall off my foot at some point.

(Oh, and I love fuzzy socks and socks with funny/cool patterns.)

8. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I used to never wear socks unless I needed to wear shoes. Then I had an issue with my feet and had to wear them all the time. Even though the issue is long since resolved, I still wear socks all the time. The only time I'll ever take them off is when I go to sleep. I even keep socks by my bed so I can instantly put them on in the morning. Its just force of habit.

9. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I only wear socks when I'm wearing shoes, if it is a small errand like just running out to the car to get something, then I may just wear shoes without socks or just go barefoot. I've tried this wearing socks around the house thing, but I nearly killed myself multiple times cause the floors are slippery and the socks that were designed for those types of floors got too dirty too quickly for my taste so I'm fine with just going barefoot. X3

10. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I don't hate socks, but if I wear them for too long then my feet feel really trapped and it's not a pleasant feeling. I wear socks when I have to wear tennis shoes or boots, but no other time. I used to wear socks when it was winter and the floors were super cold, but now I have fuzzy slip-on shoes that accomplish that purpose.
    As for what socks I like to wear, I like colorful fun looking ones, mostly just because I have a lot of siblings, and the socks always get mixed up in the laundry. I don't want to try to figure out how to recognize my white socks from my siblings' white socks. I don't have that problem when my socks are purple or striped.

11. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I bring you an answer nerd boy @Wizard

So I used to wear a lot of nike crew socks but then my sock tan was ugly so I switched over to nike ankle socks. I don't wear them much around my room BUT I don't mind wearing them (sometimes I will be lazy and keep them on). I got a bunch of white ones and a bunch of black ones and some dress socks that I pretend to be fancy and wear. Socks are cool.

Oh yeah, a lot of mine have holes though.