1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

[Speculation] New Lycanroc Forms and what they mean?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    OK, so, there's been a lot of hinting lately that Lycanroc might get a new form in USUM. However, if you've read my "Mimikyu Unmasked!?", you'll know I'm a sucker for code diving, and ho boy do I have a doozy for you.

Much like with Mimikyu, it was found that Lycanroc has two unknown forms coded into Sun and Moon that have no real data. So, it's possible that there's not 1, but 2 new Lycanroc forms on the way!

From the anime, we can see that Ash's Rockruff will most likely evolve in the next episode (airing this Thursday), and it seems to do so while the sun is setting/rising (it's not really clear, but it's probably sunset), so that's when the "official announcement" will be, if we don't receive a trailer beforehand.

Finally, if you can think back to when Rockruff was first announced, in an issue of CoroCoro magazine, they reported that Rockruff, along with the 3 Starter Pokémon of Alola, have a special "something" to them. When Lycanroc was first revealed, we instantly assumed we'd be getting Sun and Moon exclusives for Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina (who hadn't been revealed yet). After it didn't happen, everyone wrote it off, saying "CoroCoro was referring to the Pokédex entries and how they talk about maturing through evolution." But, and it's a big but, if all the above speculation is true, it is possible that we'll be getting alternate forms of Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina exclusive to Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Post your thoughts below, and hop into the Discord to join the hype train!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Seeing new Lycanroc forms would be awesome! Because there probably won't be much in the way of new Pokémon in Ultra Sun and Moon, new forms are definitely something to look forward to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jordan1510

jordan1510 Aura Guardian

Legendary Egg
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽28.3
    Agreed. new forms also seem to be what game freak is trying out just lately. first mega evolution, then Alolan forms. personally I want to see some new Eeveelutions

4. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    OK, so we've got the new Lycanroc form now, Dusk Form. Does this mean that we'll get a Dawn form too? There are 4 Lycanroc forms in the code, after all!

5. jordan1510

jordan1510 Aura Guardian

Legendary Egg
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽28.3
    probably, but I new eeveelutions are over due

6. flareon71

Legegg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽392.1
    Oh geez Lycanroc is getting all types of makeovers in this game.
    But hey, I'm not complaining.
    I just hope that the Pokémon Company are hiding much more than just a few dogs.

Apawn likes this.
  7. Exodus3377

Legendary Egg
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.9
    I'm personally hoping that US and UM each have a separate new Lycanrock form.

8. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Maybe a few cats if we're lucky

9. VenomousZero

VenomousZero Youngster

Shadow
    (Haunter)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.3
    i saw it its just day lycanroc reclored with night forms hair it nice but still wanted more designs to it

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I am hoping that if we get new forms for the starters, that they are going to be radically different.

11. jordan1510

jordan1510 Aura Guardian

Legendary Egg
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽28.3
    From the looks of dusk form, the other form (Dawn form) will probably have midnight form as a base, but with elements of midday form. dusk form is the other way round. This combination of forms leads me to belive that the stats will be different, as they are with midday and midnight. dusk form may have a higher attack stat that midday, and dawn form may have a higher speed stat that midnight

12. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I don't think it really means anything besides a new movepool. Maybe it will be important, but I'm not entirely sure.

13. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    This "Hidden Data" might allow SM to update with the new mons forms which would be nice if all we are getting is new forms... That my theory anyway

14. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,166.6
    I hope Dusk Lycanrock gets a gray shiny form that makes it look like Wolf Link. That is all.

15. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    At first I was a little sceptical with the reveal when I saw a static photo of it; but then I saw the gif set of it and I guess I might give it a chance. It's pretty cool that Dusk Lycanroc is so brightly coloured (a green eyed ginger dog! Ahaha) and, to me, it looks like a fiercer version of the Midday form (think mama-bear wolfdog).

And I had no idea about them starters though! I'm pretty stoked for a chance for the starters! Could it be that, depending on the version you get US or UM, the starter would receive a new evolution?

I remember there being that kind of speculation when Sun and Moon were announced and the Spanish/Mexican had run an ad that heavily hinted at this idea where the final form of your starter would be different.

What do you guys think? Different forms for the starters depending on their version? Yay or nay?

16. flareon71

Legegg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽392.1
    Different starter forms would be AWESOME since I already have the full evolved forms of the original Alolan 3.

17. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Its Sadly Shinylocked... Thou in the code it still be cool being Gray

18. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    US/UM is an alternate universe, right? It would make sense for prominent Pokémon to be changed. The Legendaries and Lycanroc are definitely different, there's a good chance for the starters, and I'm going out on a limb here and pointing to some other fan favorites. Mimikyu is a big one. Maybe Type: Null? Will Aether even be the same? Perhaps Pokémon like Bewear and Salazzle will get a chance.

Solgaleo and Lunala (or whatever the new names are) seem to have almost been corrupted by Necrozma. That's some dark stuff for a kid's game, but Pokémon isn't pulling any punches recently. Will any other Pokémon be corrupted by Necrozma? I'm guessing the starters might.
    #MissingNo