1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Tattoo Time

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeydis, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Jeydis

Jeydis Deep down in Underfity

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,777.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    The edgier version of Tool Time! fuck I am old...no one will know what that is from
    So I have been binging a whole lot of tattoo related content on youtube and it got me curious. Do you folks have tattoos? If not do you like the look/have any planned for the future?

I have a small bird of paradise flower on my forearm as a tribute to my dad, it was his favorite flower. I am planning some more for the future, really wondering if I would be able to go through getting a bigger piece.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,346.2
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I don't have any tattoos, aside from religious reasons not to get one, I can't decide on anything I like enough for something so permanent. I can't even decide on a personalized plate for my car. ^-^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jeydis likes this.
  3. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I've given it some thought, but I can't really decide on what I'd get. Being indecisive on something that's going to be on my body permanently doesn't bode well.

I did think maybe having SIVA nanite wires from Destiny on a should to look like muscle fibers.

Jeydis likes this.
  4. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,777.1
    Oooh I looked and couldnt find an example of that as a tattoo, would look pretty rad honestly.

5. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I don't have any atm but I'm always fascinated by them. If I were to ever get one, I would choose a religious one, probably that certain one which symbolizes 'God is greater than the highs and the lows'.

6. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,777.1
    oh man I never followed up here, I got the tattoo done! It was... definitely not fun at the time, very much felt like I was getting my skin burned off with some kind of acid. I am so happy with the results though, makes me smile every time.
    [​IMG]
    Not a great photo sadly, I have to get one in decent natural light. Getting it retouched later in december, some of the red in the flowers leeched out while it was healing.

Neb and RadEmpoleon like this.
  7. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Thats so cute and pretty. What does the Japanese characters say?

8. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,777.1
    It says Peace
    A big theme in the Trigun anime and something I find myself wishing for a lot. Seemed apt :3

9. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™ (they/them)

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,388.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I think tattoos are really cool and I'd love to get one someday but I'm (irrationally) worried my parents would kill me (not literally ofc). I also don't really know what I would get. We'll see where the future takes me on this.

10. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,641.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I have a Cosmog tattoo from an artist who does a ton of Pokémon tattoos on my upper right arm by my elbow. The artist was an online friend’s friend from high school! They’ve actually done tattoos for people from the Pokémon company international. I do have to go back for a touch up since it lost too much color during the healing stage. My next tattoo will either be Napstablook from Undertale or a pet portrait of my cats on my left arm.

Having a visible tattoo in a somewhat rural area is interesting. I get at least one baffled or aggressive stare a day when I wear short sleeves. One time I even got the side eye. Their opinions of my tattoo won’t change mine though. I love my tattoo and look at it fondly every day.

Jeydis and RadEmpoleon like this.
  11. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,777.1
    I am so glad you love your first tattoo, it is really charming and the colors looked really nice.

I am currently planning my 3rd tattoo by saving reference images into lil folders on my PC. Lots of different ideas that I have not picked for sure which one will get tattooed yet.
    upload_2024-5-18_15-36-20.png

12. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,641.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’m thinking of my next tattoo being a small pet portrait of my late childhood cat Lovey sniffing my current cat Mayu on my upper left arm. Probably going to do Hournoon, the same artist I had as last time, to do it since he’s done plenty of pet portraits and the style would match what I already have.