1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

That One Time When I was Little...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FireSpartan5, Dec 12, 2018.

1. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    What is your fondest and/or funniest memory from your early childhood (around 0 to 7 or 8 years old), and why do you remember it so fondly? Specifically, things that you did, or things that people did to or with you.

When I was 4 or 5, I remember breaking my arm by falling off the top bunk of my and my brother's bunk bed, and I had to get a cast. I ended up prying it off my arm after a week, because it was too itchy, and back then I didn't know that it was supposed to help me heal. So we went back to the doctor and they gave me a new cast. I got that one off even quicker. So we went back and the doctor gave me one last cast, this time made of a much harder material. I wasn't able to get that one off, and I remember it itching like crazy the day I got it off. Funny looking back on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    Back when I was young (let's be honest, I was a weird kid), I enjoyed hitting my head for no apparent reason. And so, because of that, I'd find anything to hit my head on, though that wasn't the case when I started. I think I was about 3 or 4 (can't remember entirely because, well, I was young) when I fell from the top of a flight of stairs. I remember rolling pretty much the entire way, and stopping at the base with a hit to the head. I think I remember it so fondly because this was followed a couple of years later with a hit to the head between a motorcycle and car, and then through a wall a couple of months ago. I hit a lot of things with my head as a child. I think I might be a bit damaged, but it worked out. I'm not as hyper as before.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    FireSpartan5 likes this.
  3. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    This must've happened when I was like 8...We had like 10 or so family members over for Thanksgiving one year, couple aunts, uncles and some of my cousins. I tried to impress my cousins one of those days by bragging my head could fit in the narrow space of one of the counter barstools in my house.

So I squeezed my head through and suddenly realized the gap was too narrow for me to pull my head out. I tried and it really hurt my ears. So they're all making fun of how I'll wear a barstool around my neck for the rest of my life while I'm pretty much bawling just thinking about it. (Admit it, at that age, we pretty much believed ANYTHING)

My dad comes down and starts laughing like crazy. Of course I get mad and tell everyone that it's not funny. He tries to pull me out, but it ends up hurting my ears and hair again.
    They later had to get an allen wrench to undo all the screws for the backboard to almost take it apart entirely so I could free myself. Of course over Thanksgiving dinner, one of the most humiliating moments of my childhood was the highlight topic of conversation at the table.

I'd be mad at it, but at the same time....I kinda did it to myself XD

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  4. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Once when I was little like 8-9 years old, who knows why I developed a liking in one of the boys in my class. He was really kind to me and friendly, and probably thats the main reason I liked him.
    And then one day, I told my brother about it and he told that boy... yah.
    That boy asked me if its true and I said yes.
    And I dont remember anything after that...
    We are still good friends but I dont like him as a lover anymore.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,164.0
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I remember when I was maybe 3 or 4, my baby sister at the time had a kitchen knife in her hand and I was trying to get the knife away from her, and not knowing any better, she cut me. It was a thin cut across my forearm, luckily it didn’t leave a scar.

Another story, over the summer after first grade I got glasses and my sister (the one in the previous story) said I looked ugly in them and I started crying. I reminded her of this story when she got glasses, a few years after I did.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    When I was little, I'd open just about anything that resembled a drawer. Even as a baby, I picked locks by using my hand. At age 5, I snuck into the kitchen and found a bag of chocolate flavored dog treats. Thinking they were candy, I put one in my mouth. 12 years later and I still have yet to find a chocolate chip that tastes better.

RadEmpoleon and FireSpartan5 like this.
  7. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Something that I did for years was constantly go over to the house of the boy that I liked at the time (I liked him for years, even after we moved away). We would just kinda play, hang out, maybe play video games, possibly do absolutely nothing. Honestly, I was over there all the time, just wanting to be around him. The thing is, I have no idea if he even saw me as a friend, of just the annoying, somewhat clingy little girl that would keep on showing up at his house. He always seemed a little distant (but then again, I only ever saw him at church and at his house), but he was still a pretty good host...you know, for an eight year old boy.