1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP The Jeweled Champions and Friends (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Dec 10, 2018.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Laserdragon14 @ShinigamiMiroku

"Okay, elven last names are dependent on their class, which we will get to in a minute." Brock explained to Shadow. "As an elf, you have the innate skill of farsight--meaning you can see farther than a human, and see things a human eye can't. "You also have boosted magic resistance and the ability Keen Eye--your accuracy can't be lowered, and you can detect ambushes.

He next addressed Robert as he switched over the name generator to "Dwarf". "Dwarven last names tend to reflect earth, rock, mountains, jewels, and fire--and are also dependent on class." he explained. "Dwarves have naturally high defense, and have the skill Nightvision--meaning you can see normally in dim or dark conditions."

After generating some dwarven names, he reported "Brilom...Keda...Musan...Kinun...Thinor...like any of those, or do you need me to generate more?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    "Keda sounds good. Short and to the point," Robert replied.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Carolyn spoke up from a short distance behind the two. "I was thinking about making a Sirena character - are there any class reccomendations and a name style I should follow?"

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @ChocoChicken

"We'll get to classes shortly." Brock replied. "Sirena characters are a magical agility class, so they make good minstrels, runeblades, rogues, rangers, and fighters. Their names tend to have a Spanish or Italian flavor.

#24 Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  5. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    The sudden silence made Shadow feel fidgety.
    "So what now?" asked Shadow breaking the silence.

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Laserdragon14 @ShinigamiMiroku @ChocoChicken

"Next is deciding your class." Brock explained. "This is what role your character plays in the party."

He next displayed the current classes on the main screen. "If you need me to explain what the classes do, just ask. Any character can be any class, but some races will naturally be suited to some roles than others."

(what's on the screen:

Current C&C 5e Core Classes:

Warrior
    Ranger
    Wizard
    Cleric
    Rogue
    Minstrel
    Magic Knight
    Runeblade
    Animist
    Paladin
    Fighter
    Valkyrie

7. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    "I'm leaning towards paladin, but what is your suggestion for elves?" asked Shadow hoping that he doesn't sound too dumb.
    (Sorry for all of the one lining)

8. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    "Runeblade sounds interesting," Robert replied. "What do they do?"

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Laserdragon14

"An elven paladin is not impossible, but elves lean more into magic and agility based classes." Brock replied. "Some ideas for an elven class are minstrel, rogue, wizard, and cleric. If you do want a physical elf, fighter, runeblade, and magic knight are good choices.

@ShinigamiMiroku

"Runeblades are a more agility based version of the magic knight that draw out the magic of special runes engraved on rapiers, and bows." Brock explained. "Since they originated in the fantasy counterpart of Kalos, a lot of runeblades and runeblade skills have Kalosian names."

"The three standard archetypes for a runeblade are fire, ice, and light." Serena explained. "I play a light based runeblade because they have access to some powerful 'rainbow' skills as they level."

10. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    (I just realized that the paladin that I was thinking of vs d&d paladin were two completely different things. lol)
    "I thought that you said that elves had more of a resistance against magic rather," said Shadow, wondering if he had missed something that Brock had said earlier. "But the Runeblade does sound interesting though."

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Laserdragon14

"To clarify-- they have high magical ability and high resistance to evil magic." Brock explained. "If it came across as confusing before, I apologize."

12. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    "It's ok. Now I understand," answered Shadow then he looked at the other two players nervously. "If it is alright with you two, I would like my elf to be a Runeblade but it is alright if one of you wants to be a runeblade instead."

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Laserdragon14

"Okay...are you sure you want to be a runeblade?" Brock asked. "Once you pick your class, you're stuck with it."

14. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    "I was actually under the same assumption regarding the paladin," Robert admitted to Shadow before turning his attention back to Brock. "What's the difference between a warrior and a fighter?"

15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Carolyn thought for a moment before speaking up. "Is 'Luciana" a good name for a Sirena character? And since you recommended them, I was interested in what playing a Minstrel is like."

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

"A warrior is your standard physical fighter." Brock went on. "A fighter in C&C rules would be more like a martial artist. Their skill names are showy and flowery, akin to the moves in kung fu movies.

@ChocoChicken

"Luciana sounds great for a Sirena name--their last names are water and sky related." Brock explained. "When I get the chance to play, I play a minstrel. They are the best of the wizard and the cleric, as their songs can both help and hurt. They also learn a powerful skill named Swanna Song innately--other magic users have to learn it as they level, or are taught by a minstrel.

17. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    "Hmm..." Robert hummed as he mulled it over. It was almost a minute before he replied, "While a warrior is probably a safe bet, I kind of like the idea of a dwarven martial artist."

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @ShinigamiMiroku

"Either way, you'd be a tank, who can give as much as you can take." Brock grinned. "A dwarven fighter is more of an agile tank--they can move, and they hit hard. So do you want to be a more defensive tank in the warrior, or an agile tank in the fighter?"

19. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    "Typically when you think of dwarves - at least in how they're oft portrayed - you think of slow, beefy characters," Robert replied. "While this is my first time doing this, I want to be at least a little more original. I'd like to be a fighter."

20. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    "I'm pretty sure on the runeblade," answered Shadow. "What type of abilities often come with the weapons when I'm a runeblade?"