1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Tarots RP

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Aiko, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    Amaryllis fell asleep once she was seated inside the carriage. Not quite bothering about the distance and condition of their living space afterwards, she caught up on the good sleep she had been yearning for since the night's journey.

"Just a heads up, I might have a tendency to fall asleep in moving vehicles, so pardon the inconveniences I may have caused." She had told her comrades beforehand. It was as good an excuse as it was also the truth.

She had slept fitfully for part of the journey. Except until she heard the sound of buzzing.

Sleepily, she opened one eye to see the buzzing of lightning in Nerus' hands, and the subject himself grinning. Giving a slightly annoyed look, she closed her eye again in hopes of drifting back to sleep.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,420.0
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Arisha and the others were lead to a... nice carriage. Everyone else seemed preoccupied due to the fact that everyone else had personal things to do. Nerus just stared out of the window, Selan decided to read a book, and Ryllis decided to sleep. She could understand that Ryllis would fall asleep, due to the fact that most Tarots live far away from other people, or so she thought. Arisha didn't live anywhere near the common people, as people usually find Tarots strange, creepy and weird. She couldn't blame them, someone who makes metals float isn't something that you see everyday. Ryllis then warned them of the inconveniences that she might cause for sleeping, but Arisha just nodded.

As everyone had their solemn time, Nerus was asking the driver, who already seemed annoyed. The driver didn't respond either, making Nerus annoyed too. Later on, she could see some sparks in his fingertips, a sign that he's probably already bored of this trip. And so is Arisha. Removing her iron bracelet, she decided to mold it into different shapes; as a star, a circle, a small statue, anything that Arisha could possibly think of. After all, it might take them a few more minutes, or hours before they reach this hotel that the king wanted everyone to stay at.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Heavenly

Heavenly Just Smile!

PokéPoints:
    ₽83.2
    Taliyah listened over to Enya's speech, thinking about it while biting her lip. It was a pretty negative concept, and she knew that she hasn't gone through much compared to the likes of Enya, as she had already shut herself away from society with her father, one of the few people who understood the Tarots. But, the sadness that rolled along with it. After hearing it, Taliyah was going to give her brief opinion before Aurora responded.

It kind of frightened Taliyah, in a small manner. She seemed to become another person, someone tainted by the blood that they've seen. The girl's eyes went dull, and she had chuckled at the concept of death. Taliyah let the thought pass her, trying to not stick with it too much. However, she kept the fact in mind that if Aurora hits a breaking point, she may have to do something. At least, she hoped she didn't have to. She learned the identities of these Tarots at least. The Hanged Man and The Fool, along with the possible Death. She was intrigued mainly by Enya, who in turn would be the closest to her Tarot card, yet not. However, she knew now would be the time to speak than think.

"Despite this fear, we know we can control our powers and use them for good. If we really want people to not have those thoughts, murdering those in this war won't prove it. I am sorry for the troubled past you've had Enya, and I do not fully understand that pain as you do." Taliyah said apologetically. She looked over towards Aurora. "I don't know if people in the war are ready to look down at us, seeing as how we'll be the ones that can blow them sky high with no possible chance for attack. Do not forget though, they are normal people. We should at least give them the chance to live if we can." She stated, before sighing heavily about the situation.

"If we have to face other Tarots, this is going to be more of a pain than it has to be. Why would the King of Sefal even want to do this?" She grumbled, before grabbing her jacket and taking the right side of it off. She pulled down the strap of her dress closer to her neck to make it a bit easier to see. "I'm the Tarot best known as The World." With this, she put the jacket back on. She looked over at the man who was still quiet despite what was going around. Something was interesting about him, and she wanted to know what. Particularly, why he would be so spontaneous with his movements after she entered the room.

4. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Jose listened to the disscution the whole time, silently he listened to evrything everyone has to say, all whithout taking his eyes out of the misterious girl, he knew that there were something especial about her, something that were upsetting the seals on his gloves and weapon. Then he saw it, as Taliyah turned around to show her symbol, he saw the symbol of the World, and the words she said after daing that confirmed it.
    "The World!?" the shock could be seen on his face.
    He then calmed himself down and a smile appeared on his face, suddenly a small laught came out of him "I guess that explains why my seals were acting so strange"
    "Let me ask you a question, do you believe everything you've just say?" Jose was still smiling, he still couldnt belive that one of the most powerfull cards on the deck was just a kid. "Do you believe your power were meant for good?, do you believe the power of any of us were meant for good? everyone knows that the Tarots were created as weapons, everyone knows our only purpose is to kill, none of us is free from sin, we were not choosen by fate, we were cursed by the creator" he then layed back on his seat, he was still rubbing the outer part of his gloves and a small glow could be seen coming out of them.
    "I do agree with you, Sefal's plans are precipitated and not normal for this situation, but everyone knew before hand why we were being called here and out of everyone in this room, they expect you to kill the most"

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Aurora looked up at the World tarot with frightened eyes, such power in a child, she assumed she would be the star or something, the hanged man really was a more useless tarot in her mind, against all these others. "I-Its not like I purposely made them die, they were attacking me when I was small... well smaller, and so I was just gonna make them hover and get confused so I could run away but then they kept going up and up...and didn't come back down..." She slipped her boot back on. This speech she gave, it didn't sound like she was a young child either, this girl confused her greatly. She turned to Jose, a more friendly face to her, "We were created and that's it, good bad, all of it, we are not weapons, we are not disposable, we are people and well the kingdom doesn't really understand up... so its up to us to show them what we can do. Good or bad, we come back as heroes" She is trying to look on the bright side.

6. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Roy listened in to the conversation and couldn't help but think "Holy shit these guys are depressing." After a few seconds of this he finally spoke up, "Well since everyone has given their curtsy and shown off the things they learned from philosophy 101, I'm gonna go ahead and ask something reeaal important here. Why are we back in war with Nuhal? Were we attacked? Was some weird convoluted part of the many clauses designed to screw over Nuhal get broken somehow? Or was the king bored one day and decided 'I'm going to play with my food'? Because right now we're rebels without a cause." As he finished he looked over at Jose. "So we got The Fool, The Hanged Man, The World, and I'm Death. What's your shtick?"

7. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Jose looked at Aurora after the words she said, a small sigh came out of him "Dont get your hopes too high Aurora"
    He then turned his look at Roy. "You are right I never told you my name or my card, my name is Jose Hierro and my card is The Emperor, and about why we are going to war, well Im afraid the asshole behind that door didnt tell us the reason of all of this" He then pinted at the door in the other side of the room, that the king exited a while back.

8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    "Jose is right, Aurora. Even if we manage to do our duty and make sure war doesn't roll around after tomorrow's battle, there is a big chance they will still fear and hate us." Enya rubbed her tired eyes and gave a loud yawn. She had been traveling a lot in the past few days and now it was catching up to her.

"While I am not inclined to do the the bastard's bidding if he doesn't give a reason for wanting us to fight, I suggest we go the the castle and continue talking there before his Majesty gets someone to "invite us over"." The silver haired woman was not impressed with the King and would have gladly frozen him if that wouldn't get her beheaded or something else equally horrible. She was smart enough to realize that it was better to play along for now.

9. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    She sighed, "I guess you are right, just trying to look on the bright side." As she listened to them all complain about the king and his plans with no reason she kept thinking making two swift motions, one was getting up and shaking Roy's hand. "Nice to meet you! Also if we wanna know so bad why we are at war then why dont we go ask him, it was through that door and well, we were invited to the castle which means we have access to explore a little, why dont we see if we can get details? I mean it could be dangerous and we could go out there and just fight but I would like to know what I am fighting for!" She knew it would be shut down by them, it was a dumb plan but just trying to invoke some kind of ideas to work together since everyone is off in there own world.

10. Heavenly

Heavenly Just Smile!

PokéPoints:
    ₽83.2
    Tali felt proud knowing that someone could consider her one of the most powerful Tarots, but she kept her eyes with a steady gaze as Jose went on about what they were. She listened, before biting her lip near the end. She thought to herself for a moment, then gave him a deadpan look.

"To me, it doesn't matter if we were created as weapons. Just because you were created for a purpose doesn't mean you have to follow it. We're still people, and we still have our own rights to choose what we want. And if I want to choose to be good, no one is going to stop me. I will not kill unless I absolutely have to, and that's hopefully not a situation that we will need to do often against civilians in the war. And if the king wants to expect me to kill the most, he'll just have to be disappointed I suppose." she stated, before letting the rest get their opinions off. She listened to them, but the one who intrigued her most was Aurora. She had an idea to explore the castle.

"Actually, Aurora, that can be done. When we get there, we'll see if I can do something for us and if anyone else wants to be bold with it. But, we'll have to see how it all turns out when we get to the castle. But for now," Taliyah stepped out of her chair and walked to the doors. She leaned on it, and continued on. "We better get ready to take off. Enya's right, they'll most likely be here soon to forcibly move us, and I don't want them to ruin any of the stitching on this jacket to be honest with you. We can practice on our powers too possibly when we get there. I'm ready to go when you guys are."

11. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,587.7
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Drake simply stared silently out of the carriage at first, nervous towards the other tarots. Sure, he normally wouldn't care about other people's thoughts of him, but this is the first time he's met any other Tarots. Any others like him, and willing to actually give him the time of day. Eventually, his mind decided it would be better to chat with them rather then go all antisocial on them.

He turned his head to look at the other four people in the carriage with him. Still not saying anything, he summoned a flame over Nerus' hand, replacing the electricity already there. He prevented it from burning his skin, though the heat was still able to be felt.

He gave Nerus a few seconds to study it, then quickly whipped the flame over to himself and suspended it in the air just in front of his chest.

12. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Blinking in confusion as he felt the lightning coursing around his be blocked from sight by an orange flame. Allowing the lightning to dissipate, his eyes tracked the flame as it went back to its owner, the Magician if he remembered correctly. Grinning at the unspoken challenge, at least that's how he perceived it, he allowed lightning to crackle around his hand again before pointing it out. The lightning then leaped from his outstretched hand towards the Magician, forming into a small panther mid-air.

Landing on the ground in front of the flame-wielder the panther stalked around him before exploding into sparks, causing Nerus to grin wider. "Lightning, certainly a powerful element. Swift, agile and flashy."

13. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,587.7
    Drake grinned at who he presumed was the Hermit. He started moving the flame he was holding around the inside of the carriage. It eventually morphed into an unidentifiable bird of prey.

"The phoenix." he said. "A legendary bird associated with fire. Unlike normal birds they did not lay eggs." The phoenix landed in front of Nerus. "Instead, at the end of their life cycle, they prepared a small nest, and spontaneously burst into flames." The phoenix quickly morphed into a normal flame. "From their ashes, an infant phoenix emerged. The new kin to the old one." The flame morphed into the figure of a small, chick version of the original bird. "A fantastic representation of the capabilities of fire, if I do say so myself. At first, it destroys. But after the destruction, there comes life." The fire bird then dissipated into the air. "I'm Drake."

14. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Raising an eyebrow in amusement as he watched the phoenix go through a literal circle of life he chuckled as it disappeared. "Name's Nerus. The hermit, if you haven't guessed already." A bird created of lightning formed, perched on Nerus's shoulder and gave a cry at the flame user, only to croon as his finger came up to the chin of the creature. "A thunderbird, the proud creature that controls the upper world alongside the underwater Panter, which controls the underworld. A mere flap of its mighty wings can create such powerful thunder that it would shake the world." Grinning as the bird took off and flew into the air, slowly turning into sparks as it gained distance, Nerus continued. "An interesting topic eh? What's more powerful? The immortal Phoenix or the mighty Thunderbird."

Smirking as he leaned back into the carriage, ignoring the slight bumps, he gave Drake a piercing stare, "Although I think a war like this would sooner see the two work in tandem than as enemies."

15. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,587.7
    Drake watched the small Thunderbird as it flew, listening to Nerus.

"While the debate remains unanswered, the two partnering would certainly be a force to be reckoned with." he said, leaning back as well with his eyes closed.

"And besides, we as humans are the ones who created that question. I doubt the birds themselves payed the other enough attention to spark a fight."

16. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Letting out a puff of amusement through his nostrils, Nerus stared up in at the passing clouds his usual excitement hidden away, replaced by a more experienced face. "Hmm, who knows how beings as powerful as the birds act and think. For all we know they might argue enough to cause such a fight, or they might not even realize the other exists." Allowing his eyes to shut, hiding the somber gaze in them from view, Nerus smiled. "I suppose that could relate to this war, a problem humanity created, therefore one they will fix. Although that raises the question, are we human enough to consider this our problem?"

17. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    After what seemed like ages, Amaryllis woke up from her slumber feeling rested and heard the two elemental Tarots talking. Removing her hood, she scrambled at her hair before addressing the two. After hearing Nerus' question, she sighed, looking out of the window. "Sefal has changed, ever since His Majesty King Tarquin came about. It seems he is intent on reopening old wounds on our Kingdom. Are all Sefal people on board with his reign? Do they want this as much as he does?" She started questioning to no one in particular, her gaze as though in a trance.

18. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Hearing Amaryllis's response to his question caused Nerus to hum, "I suppose it would be a majority. Despite the king of Sefal being in charge, I doubt he wants too many of his citizens angry with him. Not that I would know much about politics, that's too much work for me." Yawning with closed eyes, Nerus grinned contently. "Yup, I prefer the way I've lived up to now. Traveling and just enjoying my time here with jobs every now and again."

19. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,587.7
    "I guess I'm just a little more complicated in that sense." Drake said in response to Nerus' statement. "While my way of life was admittedly a bit fun at times, it was also sort of empty. Everyone I've ever met were afraid of me. I can handle that fine, but it really leaves a certain hole when you don't have anyone to talk too. And as for how human we are and our regards to the war, it's not really like we can do much else besides just living outside of society."

20. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,420.0
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Arisha quickly heard Nerus and Drake talking about their abilities, and their cards. It would seem that they are also wondering whether or not Sefal actually wanted to go to war. Arisha could instantly agree to Ryllis' statement since not every Sefalian (That's what I'm calling the people of Sefal from now on) would actually agree to go to war. Arisha could only think about Sefal and Nuhan's once good relationship with each other in the past. Hearing all the different ways of how Tarots like Nerus and Drake lived made her opinion about the status of other Tarots really high go down. She learned that Nerus was just travelling and was just taking jobs wherever the wind takes him, and she also learned that Drake had a pretty much empty life, like Arisha. She could relate to the fact that people are afraid of Tarots, because again, someone who produces fire, lightning or metal in their hands isn't something you see everyday.

"Then I guess I'm not the only one who seems to be very empty in life. I could relate to Drake with people being afraid of me, like I'm some sort of witch that controls metal. That's the reason why I live somewhere far away from the capital as much as possible" Arisha said, with sadness in her face.

"It's kinda glad to be around a bunch of people who have weird, but different abilities. Oh, and also, if you didn't know yet, I'm Arisha, and I have the Empress tarot card. It allows me to control metal around me, and pretty much lie amazingly to other people without them knowing I was lying" Arisha added. While she was saying that it allows her to control metal around her, she quickly played around with her metal bracelet, turning it into different shapes and different creatures.