1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

PMD Thoughts on the recent PMD MMOs

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Katanaeyegaming, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    So recently there were a few videos that went up for a couple of hours relating to a Pokémon mystery dungeon fanfunded mmorpg. Now I must ask what your thoughts are in terms of a PMD online if one does come out.

I would like to see an adaptation for this as the concept could be interesting with various teams battling for control of servers an many other things.

Any thoughts welcome

TripleAAABattery likes this.
  2. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    I would be HYPED. I LOVE PMD and an mmorpg PMD sounds amazing. I have tried something vaguely similar before and while it was pretty good, the lag evedywhere made me drop it. I hopewhatever this new project is it could figure out something for the lag and make a memorable experience.

(Also I must ask for links to the vids I want to see them)

3. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I feel like i know which one youre talking about, as I was on one for a long time before i could no longer play it. I think theyve been around as long as LV has.

Anyways, getting a nice working one would be pretty cool. Itd probably be more of a real-time system to keep things from getting clunky, which would be ok.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    That... would actually be something interesting. Although I can definitely see it not being as fleshed out as all the other mystery dungeons.

It would be neat to play it though. Since I've always like PMD more than the normal Pokémon games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I used to play a PMD MMO for years, but left due to extreme toxicity among the older players AND staff being shady (including a moment where former staff got into the important stuff and held player account information/the game itself hostage, a thing that could have been avoided if staff changed the mod stuff passwords--this ex-staff left like 7 YEARS AGO and the passwords were all still the same!!)
    I had the whole freaking mmo discord yelling at me for the fact a older friendlier user gifting me rare items and helping me through a dungeon, as well as having 'terrible' Pokémon in my main team. Said kind user had (by their claim) 7 or so of said rare item, I completed that dungeon alone the next day, and I was able to go through a 99 floor dungeon with said 'terrible team' with no issue with a group of 3 others doing the 'perfect team set up' (I had to heal a few of them by gifting out some of my Reviver Seeds or using healing moves, lol) No regrets on my time playing, it was fun, I met some kind users among the toxicity..but I have 0 plans to return.

Now then, I am aware of another PMD MMO in the works, I made some concept art for them early on, even. They're currently not being funded in anyway, a passion project, made by people who left the other mmo I mentioned. It's a bit more advanced than the other mmo and even has a single player story you can do without messing with the other players if you want to.