1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Video Game OST Survey

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wizard, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I have an activity for us! I'm going to list a number of types of video game tracks within games for people to fill out. This might include things such as "main themes" or "battle themes". The purpose of the activity is to list your favorite for each of these categories. The copy+paste list is in the spoiler below. Feel free to omit selections for any of the categories you don't have an answer for. You can also recommend any other categories/types of tracks that you feel would be appropriate here!

Main theme:
    Menu theme:
    Battle theme:
    Victory theme:
    Game over theme:
    Area/level/map theme(s):
    Boss theme:
    Final boss theme:
    End credits theme:
    Character theme:
    Shop theme:
    Calm theme:
    Sad theme:
    Happy theme:
    Vocal theme:
    Favorite song in video games:

Main theme: Baba Yetu (Civilization IV), Main Theme (Xenoblade Chronicles)
    Menu theme: Menu (Star Fox Assault)
    Battle theme: Take Over (Persona 5 Royal), Let the Battles Begin! (Final Fantasy VII Remake),
    Victory theme: Victory Fanfare (Final Fantasy VII)
    Game over theme: None
    Area/level theme: Forest Interlude and Stickerbrush Symphony (Donkey Kong Country 2), Gaur Plains (Xenoblade Chronicles)
    Level select theme: World Map (Donkey Kong Country)
    Final level theme: Gentle Madman (Persona 5 Royal)
    Boss theme: Rivers in the Desert (Persona 5)
    Final boss theme: God-Shattering Star (Fire Emblem: Three Houses), Throw Away Your Mask (Persona 5 Royal)
    End credits theme: Hoshi To Bokura To (Persona 5)
    Character theme: Love's Vagrant (Bravely Default) or Terra's Theme (Final Fantasy VI)
    Shop theme: Shop theme (TLoZ: Ocarina of Time)
    Calm theme: To Zanarkand (Final Fantasy X), Dearly Beloved (Kingdom Hearts)
    Sad theme: Id (Sorrow) (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
    Happy theme: On the Path to Victory (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
    Vocal theme: Colors Flying High (Persona 5 Royal)
    Other notable themes: Cornered (Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney), Mechanical Rhythm (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Neb likes this.
  2. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,563.7
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Disclaimer: I grew up solely on Nintendo and have yet to play many games myself on other consoles but want to soon. I also do not actually know the names of many of these songs, if they have actual names.

Main theme: Zelda Main Theme (LoZ series), Jump Up, Super Star (Super Mario Odyssey)
    Menu theme: Main Menu (Hollow Knight)
    Battle theme: Battle! Team Plasma (Pokémon Black/White) Battle at the Summit (Pokémon Sun/Moon), Battle Tower (Pokémon Sword/Shield)
    Victory theme: None
    Game over theme: Game Over (Zelda 1)
    Area/level/map theme(s): Castelia City (Pokémon Black/White) Fairy Fountain Theme (Zelda series) Gerudo Valley (Zelda: OoT) Tarrey Town (Zelda: BotW), Shiveria (Super Mario Odyssey) City of Tears (Hollow Knight)
    Boss theme: Spider Dance (Undertale) Metal Crusher (Undertale) Death by Glamour (Undertale) Blight Ganon/Calamity Ganon (Zelda: BotW)
    Final boss theme: In the Final/The Grand Finale (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story) Hopes and Dreams (Undertale) God-Shattering Star (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
    End credits theme: 16 Melodies (Mother 3)
    Character theme: Zelda's Lullaby (Zelda: A Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time) Shiek's Theme (Zelda: OoT), Sidon's Theme (Zelda: BotW) Kass's Theme (Zelda: BotW) Hornet's Theme (Hollow Knight)
    Shop theme: Pokémon Center (Pokémon series)
    Calm theme: Gaur Plain Night (Xenoblade Chronicles)
    Sad theme: His Theme (Undertale)
    Happy theme: None
    Vocal theme: None
    Favorite song in video games: I have no idea.
    Other: Song of Storms (Zelda: OoT) Song of Healing (Zelda: Majora's Mask) The lack of any environmental noise in Ancient Basin (Hollow Knight) Eight Melodies (EarthBound Beginnings) Eight Melodies (EarthBound)

I really like Zelda music, in case you couldn't tell. Need to get a PlayStation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  3. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I haven't played too many video games, so don't expect too much variety. (Honestly this was much harder than I thought this would be lol)

Main theme: Super Smash Bros Brawl's opening theme
    Menu theme: SSBB's menu theme
    Battle theme: vs Cynthia (Pokémon Diamond and Pearl), vs Archie/Maxie (Pokémon ORAS), vs Piers (Pokémon Sword and Shield), vs gym leader (Pokémon Sword and Shield)
    Victory theme: the one from the Kirby games
    Game over theme: Game Over... (The Legendary Starfy)
    Area/level/map theme(s): Area 10 (The Legendary Starfy), Route 210 (Pokémon Diamond and Pearl), Anistar City (Pokémon X and Y), Another Medium (Undertale)
    Boss theme: boss battle (Kirby's Return to Dreamland), Masked Dedede (Kirby Triple Deluxe), Battle Against a True Hero (Undertale)
    Final boss theme: Queen Sectonia phase 2 (Kirby Triple Deluxe), Finale (Undertale)
    End credits theme: idk
    Character theme: Ronk, Papes, Snips (The Legendary Starfy), Guzma (Pokémon Sun and Moon), Cynthia (Pokémon Diamond and Pearl)
    Shop theme: Apparel Shop (Pokémon Sun and Moon)
    Calm theme: Ruins (Undertale), Geosenge Town (Pokémon X and Y), Slumbering Weald (Pokémon Sword and Shield)
    Sad theme: An Eternal Prison (Pokémon X and Y), Emotion (Pokémon Black and White)
    Happy theme: Route 210 (Pokémon Diamond and Pearl), vs Hop (Pokémon Sword and Shield)
    Vocal theme: Lifelight (Smash Ultimate), Last Surprise (Persona 5), DK rap (does this count? Lol)
    Favorite song in video games: hmm... probably Cynthia's battle theme. Not only is it a great tune that matches the intensity of the battle, but it's been my favorite ever since I first heard it almost 10 years ago. (Nostalgia is very important to me)

#3 Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
  4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Main theme: Edge of Dawn (Fire Emblem Three Houses)
    Menu theme: Mario Kart DS
    Battle theme: Fighting With All of Our Might (Shovel Knight)
    Victory theme: Victory! (Gym Leader/Elite Four) (Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)
    Game over theme: A Bad Dream (Earthbound)
    Area/level/map theme(s): High Above The Land (Shovel Knight)
    Boss theme:
    Final boss theme: The Betrayer (Shovel Knight)
    End credits theme:
    Character theme: Our Secret Word Is Justice! (Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies)
    Shop theme: Rouxl’s Kaard Shop Hip Shop (Deltarune)
    Calm theme: Courtroom Lounge (Apollo Justice Ace Attorney)
    Sad theme: Mourning (Nier:Automata)
    Happy theme: Joking Motive (Gyakuten Kenji 2)
    Vocal theme: Rivers in the Desert (Persona 5)
    Favorite song in video games: God Shattering Star (Fire Emblem Three Houses)

5. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I see our brief convo on DKC2 got you inspired lol. Fun idea though lets see...

Main theme: [WIP]
    Menu theme: [WIP]
    Battle theme: [WIP]
    Victory theme: [WIP]
    Game over theme: [WIP]
    Area/level/map theme(s): [WIP]
    Boss theme: King K. Rule's theme when that bass hits. All 3 of his themes are great but I have so much nostalgia for the first one.
    Final boss theme: Champion Lance and Red Battle - Gold Its a classic and a bit of a cheesy pick but its so perfect as a "Shit is going down" theme.
    End credits theme: Still Alive - Portal
    Character theme: Right Behind You - Spy's Theme (TF2)
    Shop theme: Porkrind's Shop - Cuphead (only one I could think of but its fun.)
    Calm theme: To Zanarkand - FFX
    Sad theme: Kuros Tale I (Her Rage) - Ori and the Blind Forest
    Happy theme: Electric de Chocobo - Final Fantasy 7. Surfer chocobos, the best.0
    Vocal theme: Dovahkiin theme - Skyrim
    Favorite song in video games:

PS: This is torture
    PPS: This is very RPG biased lol.

#5 Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  6. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I have also had a limited selection of games played, but I do hope that this list will be satisfactory

Main theme: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of sky
    Menu theme: Metroid Prime (Menu select)
    Battle Theme: Xenoblade Chronicles (One who gets in our way) and Xenoblade chronicles X (Just like all of them, Black Tar, Uncontrollable, and Wir Fliegen)
    Victory theme: None
    Game over theme: None
    Area/level/map theme(s): Deltarune (Fields of Hopes and Dreams)
    Boss theme: There are so many uhg the pain to choose, Shadow of the Colossus since I think the entire game is one big boss rush (Revived power, Counterattack, A Violent Encounter and many more)
    Final boss theme: Out of all the boss fights, I choose this one for variety, Okami (Rising Sun)
    End credits theme: Splatoon 2 (Fresh Start and Into the Light)
    Character theme: Pokémon (Colress battle music - What can I say, I have a thing for good synthetic)
    Shop theme: I don't really have anything for this so, Deltarune (Rouxls Kaard Shop Hip Shop)
    Calm theme: Undertale (Quiet Water)
    Sad theme: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of sky (Through the Sea of Time)
    Happy theme: Okami (Orca's theme)
    Atmospheric theme: Frostpunk (Into the storm and The City Must Survive)
    Vocal theme: Persona 5 (Rivers in the Desert)
    Favorite song in video games: Uhhhhhhhh

Special shout out to Nier automata. Never played it, but I have listened to the music and it would have won every category if I had played it.

#6 Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020