1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What inspires you?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Junkrat, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

borgle
    (Yanma)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽502.1
    Park Ball ★★★
    This is for both writers and artists, and can be interpreted in two different ways.

1) What motivates you to continue making content? Is it because you want to improve? Or because you want feedback from others? Who- or what- keeps you going?
    2) What gives you inspiration for the content you create? Is it consuming other types of media? Or maybe something you experienced that day? What gives you the idea to draw or write a certain piece?

For me, in terms of writing, I get inspired by TV shows and other fanfics. Sometimes I develop my own ideas out of the blue, but if I see or read something I especially like, I try to take something from it that I like the most and kind of twist it to make it my own thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Negative Zero

Negative Zero The most positive negative number you know!

Mythical Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,140.1
    I'm driven by a combination of wanting to create and wanting to get better. As my primary creative media is writing, I'd eventually like to be a published fiction author, even if my only commercially published story only goes paperback and sells a few thousand copies, I'd still be happy with that. It would be the experience of creating that pushed me and satisfied me in the first place. I don't really care about fame or other people's opinions... except when it comes to improving my craft.

As far as content, I like to make note of impressive bits from other ordinary people telling their life stories and integrate what I like, which I honestly think is similar to taking my own life experience if I had a more exciting life. That and classic literature and legends. Two of my favorite podcasts are Myths And Legends and Fictional, both of which are written/researched by Jason Weiser, and both of which are retellings of various stories from around the world, both ancient and recent. The two latest episodes were his retelling of the Indian story of Jaya and Vijaya, a detail of which I'm probably going to directly model/reference a background of my current fanfic upon. It could easily be added later, but I'm still darn impressed with ancient legends and contemporary life drama, and am grateful for the people who bring those up for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SyWry

SyWry Kindler

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,029.6
    What motivates me to write is a little different than others. I don't really care for fame (though it would be nice) I don't care for fortune(that's never happening from books), I don't even really care about improving my work. What motivates me to write is to have a set schedule of when I write and sticking too it. No joke, that's my motivation. I'm a very schedule oriented person so if I plan something out, I'll stick to it religiously. I wont work on something unless I schedule time for it so its truly what motivates me.

As for what inspires what I write, that is a far harder question to answer. I've been told that I have a brain like a sponge because I remember everything I'm told. In reality, I remember all the information yet forget the source. When I write, I write with all the information that I've gathered over my life but most of the time I'm uncertain of where that information comes from. I can tell you right now that most of my logic and reasoning gets inspired by the heavy science classes I take but anything beyond that, I don't know/remember what inspires my work. One thing that I do know inspires scenes is songs. They animate my imagination, but most of that imagination is based on previously captured information.

4. Arod

Arod Vaquero

BIGJAW
    (Feraligatr)
    Level 99
    PokéPoints:
    ₽76.0
    My main inspiration for writing was Chief if RAGE who has an amazing on going fic for a TF2/RWBY cross over. He captured all the personalities PERFECTLY and he produced long and content filled chapters that always put a smile on my face.

For making art, it’s just seeing others work. Really good art just blows me away and make me geeked inspired and inferior ;D

5. Geroniny~

Geroniny~ Team Azure

Cassini
    (Reshiram Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽30.7
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    What Keeps Me Both Drawing And Writing Is Because Of Improvement And Expose To Different Area While Learning New Way To Write And New Skills To Draw.

I Can Be Inspire In Any Way Even By Wired Imagination Or The News Article Or Even A Video. I Find Inspiration Anywhere, Anytime.