1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What kind of student were/are you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by colours, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I was terrible in public school, because of my Asperger's, I have very concentrated interests, very little school subjects engaged me in a way that I could learn well. (this was the 90's and early 2000's).
    However, I could choose my courses in college, so I did much better.

2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'm 100% a try-hard. I have straight As and hope to keep it that way. Wish me luck.
    Oh and I'm pretty introverted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,671.9
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I'm often alone – I'm definitely way too shy for my own good…
    I guess my grades are okay? I'm a huge procrastinator though. I really need to work on that…

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Galois

Galois Bug Catcher

Bartók
    (Vivillon (Garden))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽261.2
    as far as university has gone, I'd say I'm about average for the most part. my favourite class has been algebra, we're about to start discussing Galois theory (hence my username) which I'm especially excited for

5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I’m the reserved type. I’m an introverted band/guard nerd who is friends with mostly band/guard nerds. I’m quiet in class and get good grades. Oh yeah, I procrastinate a ton too.

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’m the type of student that only talks to teachers and gets good grades despite rarely studying. This is from paying attention and taking advantage of my study hall classes.

7. Glitxel

Mya
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽295.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    I feel like Im the weird one in my class. I mostly keep to myself and just randomly burst into conversation when I feel the need to and I seem to like the things that nobody else in my class likes. In terms of grades i think im high-average. I try my best to get high grades but its never high enough to be an honor student. I guess I also count as a teachers pet since the teachers seem to like me a bit more compared to my classmates...

8. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Punctual. Less-talkative. The one who respects teachers. Yup.

9. Shade

Shade Sailor

Lux
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽380.5
    Ultra Ball
    In grade school was the C and D introvert with a small group of friends who side swept all homework that was too difficult or prolonged and kinda half-assed the difficult projects.
    I might not have graduated if not my best friend hadn't shoved me into doing the extra credit for Civics in my senior year.

I improved in college, I was more focused and studious and managed my first ever As. I've only managed a Liberal Arts degree thus far, however.
    I started Graphics Design but then realized the jobs weren't out there and according to a cousin, degrees don't matter in the field as much as client experience.

So here I am now, still stuck. XP

10. Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006 PKMN Breeder

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    Mhm I'm a very unstable student. Inconsistent. When I studied technical stuff (similar to engineering), I procrastinated to the very last minute and got low grades in the most important subjects, the minimum I needed to pass. Now I am studying something I am more fond of, and yet I procrastinate til the very last end and I hate it because I know if I just kept consistent I could get straight A's but I just get pretty good grades now (well, first years I got very good grades in most subjects), now in second grade I'm lazier and got around three subjects that I have troubles with and third year is starting and I'm pretty annoyed with myself.
    In class I usually tend to speak up if no one does (and no one does usually) so teachers end up not choosing me after mid-year because I've already talked so much XD. Anyways, I like to learn a lot, I'm just not good with deadlines.

11. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    The difference between my high school self and my college self are night and day, as far as types of students. In high school, I rarely did homework (I found Lake Valor during FINALS WEEK for crying out loud) and didn't do near as well as I could have, ultimately. Now that I'm in college, I find that I can handle my time much better, and my always gets done (unless it somehow slips through the cracks, which has happened two or three times). I try to participate at least once in every class that I attend because that is a learning standard here at my university. It isn't required, but it helps me with my learning.