1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What skills do you want to develop?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wizard, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    There are certain skills of mine that I want to develop more, but haven't had the chance to, or I just haven't done it. This includes getting better at making remixes, drawing (I've tried, it's hard, I've given up, sue me), cooking, and coding.

What skills do you want to develop? Why haven't you gotten to it yet? Do you have any plans to get better at the skill?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Obviously I would like to develop my art skills more haha. But I’m constantly working on that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I really want to up my cooking skills. I don't wanna starve anymore :(.

Jkjk. (not really tho) but I really just wanna make some delicious dishes for my friends since they do that for me all the time.

4. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I want to be better at memorization. It’s such a pain in the butt, and I have to do it for everything. School, theater, quoting movies in casual conversation, you know, the important stuff.

5. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I would kinda like to learn how to write, but fear has been stopping me from doing so. Well, that and I barely read anything because I'm super picky when it comes to what stories I want to read (and to be honest being forced to read in english class sort of ruined reading for me too) . This is an issue because I know I have to read to get better at writing. *Sigh*

6. Roman

Roman Black Belt

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽43.3
    I want to improve my drawing.

I also want to relearn sewing. Absolutely horrible at it at the moment

7. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I'd like to enhance my coding skills, even though I know all the basics already. I never thought I was "good" at coding until my computer science teacher told me so. Since I'm a tech nerd, I think improving my coding skills would be a huge benefit towards my career in the future.

8. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'd like to develop people skills. I'm very shy in person.

9. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Most of the time I want to learn a skill, I just start doing it. I know I'm going to suck at first, but that's okay: I'll probably stop sucking eventually. There's one exception: lately, I kind of want to start rapping, but I absolutely don't have the voice for it. Those of you who have heard me in accent challenges and reading storytime might have decided that I sound very sweet. And that just doesn't work with conventional rap! It's about arrogance and being the best and proving that you're the best, and sounding nice just does not work for that. So either I give up on this, or I change the rap game to suit me.

10. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’ve been working at my Japanese language skill daily for about a year. It was daunting at first, but doing it in small chunks makes it palatable. My effort seems to have paid off because my vocabulary, grammar, and writing abilities are much better now then they were a year ago.

While English has always been my best subject, I want to improve on my organization. That’s the only part of writing I find the Most difficult, and working on it could make school assignments easier.

I’d like to work on singing. I took lessons for about two months and loved it, but I had to quit because they were too expensive. Perhaps practicing when no one is around could help.

11. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I want to improve my coding skills. Basically the only real knowledge I have in coding is brute forcing my way through with what ever my teacher got around to teaching me. Other than that, I have nothing which isn't a good thing when the job I want to go into requires a seasoned coder. I'm not planning on taking any coding courses, instead I'm just getting right into coding by figuring out how to code on the fly. It will be hard and messy, but it will improve.

12. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    The main things I want to develop are writing and art. Unfortunately my relative lack of patience tends to make developing skills like this very difficult for me. I also wouldn't mind developing some form of musical talent. Maybe practice singing or maybe finally get back to playing the piano (although it's been so long that I'd basically be starting from scratch). I've also been putting off trying to develop my voice more. The one natural 'talent' that I seem to have is that people seem to really like the sound of my voice, so I should probably work on trying to actually use that for something. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a good way to do so.

RadEmpoleon likes this.
  13. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    • Studying: I had bad study habits in school and never really got around them. I imagine I'd be in a different and better position in life if I had developed that kind of mindset.
    • Automobile Repair: My dad's always had this philosophy of "You take care of your car...and it'll take care of you." So while I might not know some of the more sophisticated things in fixing car engines, I'd like to learn how to do the basics such as changing a tire, battery or light. Some of that is incredibly simple and can be done quickly. I'd rather do this as a quick fix than pay the probably obscene cost of having a mechanic do it.
    • Handyman: I've already started building my own tool kit with a cordless drill already on my XMas wishlist. I'd like to learn how to do everyday fixes around homes similar to a handyman.

14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    There are many things I'd like to learn.
    1. How to be a better writer. I write as a hobby, but few of my stories actually try to be any good. Most of what I write is for humor, partly because I enjoy the genre, but also because I know my writing skill isn't at the point where I can write something serious. I'm trying to try other things but I just don't think I'm quite at the level where I want to be.
    2. Singing. Like Zero said, my voice just... doesn't fit. I sound like a four-year-old when I try. Sure, I'm in choir, but that's only because you can drown my voice out with everyone else's and that's the only way someone can survive hearing it.
    3. Telling different instruments apart. But seriously, how does one tell which is a clarinet and which is an oboe and which is a violin and which is a trumpet?
    4. Cooking. I can bake, but I don't do so well with cooking.
    5. Drawing. I know I'm not an artist and I probably won't be but sometimes I just want to make something and it just... won't turn out right.