1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What was the first Shiny you ever encountered?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Cartridge, Jul 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kamoodle5

kamoodle5 Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.3
    Aside from the red Gyarados, my first officially encountered shiny was a blue Psyduck on my Pokémon Gold. I remembered playing the game on my SNES cartridge and was able to see the unique colorization straight away. I think I was at the route north of Goldenrod City (Route 35) either fishing or surfing to the Gold Berry bush across the water when I found him.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cereza13

PokéPoints:
    ₽98.6
    For me, My first Shiny was Nuzleaf in Pokémon Y, Friend safari. I was just seeing which Pokémon were in it and then BOOM shiny Nuzleaf out of no where. I named him Tengu :)

3. Junkysjunk

Junkysjunk Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    My first wver shiny was a zubat i caught in heartgold. I remember being so confused why my zubat was miscoloured.

4. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    My first shiny was an Unown V, way back in Silver. I encountered it before I even knew shinies were a thing; I hadn't even caught the shiny Gyarados yet, and I probably would have killed it if I hadn't noticed it looked a bit different. I caught it and kept it, and found out a little while later it was actually incredibly rare. Not the most glamorous first shiny, but I still remember it fondly nonetheless!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    The first shiny I ever caught in the wild was a Drifblim that I found unintentionally in Pokémon White. I remember being really happy, because Drifblim is one of my favorite shiny Pokémon (and I had almost lost her, because my DS's battery had been red for a while when I encountered her...).

ShinyFlygon likes this.
  6. Tzuyu

Tzuyu Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽7.6
    My first shiny was a shiny piloswine in Pokémon White, but at the time I was just really confused because I had no idea what a shiny Pokémon was, so I didn't catch it. The first shiny I caught was a shiny Delibird in that same game, like a week after I saw the piloswine.

7. Peerman

Peerman Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.9
    I never encountered one in the wild, but I did own a Shiny Ho-oh, given by a friend. I thought and still think he hacked it in XD but it was still very strong

8. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Same happens to me, I don't know if it was a Geodude, Pidgey or Sentret but I am pretty sure that it wasn't a Ratata.

Buuuuut.... I DIDN'T HAVE ANY Pokéball!

9. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    This happened to me too. I was explaining Pokémon to my cousin, and was telling him about Shinies when Geodude came up. I freaked out and nearly dropped my Gameboy Advance SP. She's now in my Black 2 as a Golem.

Later, like, years later, I was grinding in the Land of Abundance in Black (I think I was EVing Speed by fighting Basculin? I remember I was going for Basculin for EVs) when a Shiny Goldeen appeared. She's now a Seaking with Golem.

Interestingly, all my shinies have been female.. :0

10. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Mine was a shiny Growlithe that I found in Leafgreen. I had no idea what shinies were back then and I gave it to my brother for a rare Pokémon (I don't remember what it was lol)

To this day I still regret that decision because shiny Arcanine looks cool :'(

11. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Ita fun. That it is easy to find shinies sm.
    But I still havent found one lol

12. HerbZ

HerbZ PKMN Breeder

Ico
    (Geodude)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽105.3
    My first shiny Pokémon was a Pikachu in Safari Zone in Sapphire. I was really disappointed, since Pikachu is one of my least favourite Pokémon...

13. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I know there was a thread like this before...

Anyway, my first two shiny Pokémon were caught within 5 minutes. In the HeartGold Safari Zone, I found a wild shiny Graveler (I was 8 years old), and didn't know it was shiny, so I called it "The Golden Graveler". Then, a few steps later, I encountered a shiny Magmar which I called "The Pink Magmar". I had no experience with shiny Pokémon back then, so you can imagine how excited I was! I caught both of them, and now they are in my Alpha Sapphire game, fully evolved, now waiting to visit Alola.

14. Lonely-Spectreon

PokéPoints:
    ₽49.0
    This happened in 2014, I was playing my Sapphire version (the original one) and I had reset my game to play through it again. I got to Route 112 and decided run through the grass instead of taking the path. I thought my repel was still working (I forgot it ran out) and I encountered a shiny numel. I started freaking out and I actually caught him after 4 pokeballs.

I remember naming him Magma and I took him to the elite four.

And to think that a shiny numel started my shiny hunting "career"!

15. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    After playing sooo many hours without finding a shiny, I went on the hunt for one in X and after spamming horde battles for some time... I found me a shiny foongus xD I named it masterball and I'm not proud of that

16. TheSignOfLibra

TheSignOfLibra School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽49.3
    I first caught a Tympole in Black. Then my sister restarted the game and I lost it.

17. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Oh man that sucks, I'm sorry to hear. :( Have you found any since?

18. arcy

arcy Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.2
    i actually got my first shiny in the very first Pokémon game played, though id been heavily invested in the fandom even before then. it was a magnemite that i named copper that i encounter in white 2 and i literally shoited. im going to transfer it once i actually finish the game and get sun(i had a hard time even getting to the league lmao)

19. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽901.5
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    My first shiny that was not given to me from the game was a dugtrio in Pokémon X

20. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Okay, I would say the red Gyarados, but that hardly counts. My first shiny was a Scatterbug in X. I think I was looking for a Pikachu or something post-game...I evolved it to Vivillon, but I haven't used it since, lol.