1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Who do you want for smash 5 (serious)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Halcyon Storm, Mar 29, 2018.

1. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Looks like I got my wish! Snake's coming back, baby!

Well... At least he's still an assist trophy... in all seriousness, after watching that E3 trailer, I must say: Sakurai is REALLY spoiling us here. I hope his hard work pays off, and we can be grateful enough to not ask for another smash game.

Looks like somebody else got their wish granted, too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #21 Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    OzoneFruit likes this.
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    EVERYONE IS BACK AAAAAAA-
    Ahem... Guess I'd better change up my Smash wish-list.

I know it's been heavily rumored, but if Crash Bandicoot and Spyro make it in (simply because they have been Sony's mascots and Mario's icon rivals for ages, Crash is getting a Switch port, and Spyro Reignited Trilogy is right around the corner), I will without a doubt preorder the game instead of buying it on release day. Regardless of whether or not this comes to fruition, I'm still getting SSBU, so it's a win-win.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) (the Mii had a Lloyd costume so it could happen! T_T), Hector (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade), and Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones).

4. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I want more playable Zelda characters. There are so many freaking characters from the Zelda games, and only three of them are available. Yeah, I know that there are three different Links, and both Zelda and Sheik, but technically they are the same character, even if they are played differently.
    And I know I'm not the only one who thinks that Midna or Majora should be in these games. Though I also nominate a Gerudo, as those ladies are freaking awesome.
    (And even though he's a Mario character, not a Zelda one, I really want Waluigi up there too. He needs to be in more games).

5. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Just watched the new Nintendo Direct for Smash Bros, and I have a question for ya'll: did any of you want Zero in Smash? If you did I'll gladly give hugs to those who know what it feels like to have your most requested character be turned into an assist trophy (I wanted Shovel Knight).

Still, (very partial) sadness aside, I never expected Sakurai to implement so much in this upcoming game.

Also, on the subject of echo fighters: I really hope we get Shadow. At first I shurgged off the idea of him being in the game, since I thought Sakurai would apply the 'one per franchise' rule when adding third party characters, that and Shadow didn't seem like the best idea for an extra Sonic character (if you asked me who I think would/should be another representative for the Sonic franchise, I would have always said Tails).

BUT... After seeing two Castlevania characters get announced (one of them being an echo fighter) as playable characters, AND being the second time Shadow has been unconfirmed as an assist trophy (Kunckles has seemingly taken his place), not to mention to be one of the most requested characters for Smash Bros since Brawl, I think Shadow has a shot at being an echo fighter.

Anyone else agree with me?

#25 Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    FireSpartan5 likes this.
  6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I don't care who gets in (yes, I know that contradicts what I said in my previous post, but that was just a wishlist, and nothing I actually expect). Everything I have wanted to see in Smash, gameplay- and mechanics-wise, has been added, and that is all I need.

7. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Steve: Yes, the Minecraft Guy. I firmly believe that he has a chance of getting in because Microsoft and Nintendo have a good relation, Steve has a lot of material to use for a moveset, and he’s more cubic, which hasn’t really been seen in a fighter for Smash.

Master Chief: MC is just a total badass and would be an excellent fighter. We need some more aerial and gritty characters to go along with Snake and Cloud. Master Chief could be a pretty awesome Heavy weight character with a wide range of options to use in his kit.

Feraligatr: Okay, thsi is more personal preference. However, we need more Pokémon that aren’t mammals. We also need a better rep for Johto than Pichu. Feraligatr has the makings of a good fighter. He can be a fast heavy weight and has moves from the Pokémon games to put in his kit. Feraligatr is also a reptile so that adds a little more variety for the Pokémon, since most of mon’s that are in smash are mammals.

Charizard: Yes, I am well aware that Charizard is with Pokémon trainer but I mean a lone Zard. I myself am a Zard main and enjoy playing as him. So.... Smash 5 made it s but harder to enjoy him. I say if everyone is really here then they should of just had Pokémon Trainer as one character and give another Charizard it’s own slot. It could be a wild one or something.

8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    I'm pretty sure that everyone I want that has a serious chance of making it has already been confirmed to be in the game except for Paper Mario. I still have my fingers proverbially crossed that he'll make it as at least an assist trophy or something.

9. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    The fatigue system from Brawl was taken out, so you can play Charizard solo in SSBU; you don't need to play Squirtle or Ivysaur.

10. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I am aware of this, but there still is a lot of switching involved. Like, on death. You switch to the next Pokémon when you die. That’s just annoying.

11. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    So Marshadow and Mimikyu are confirmed Pokeballs now... *Keeps fingers crossed for Buzzwole*

Apart from that, all my wishes for more Metroid representation are being answered, and all that I ask for is to see Rundas/Sylux get SOME sort of cameo in the game.

12. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I just realized that Metroid now has more reps than Kirby.

13. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Metroid has Samus, Dark Samus (a clone, in more ways than one), and Ridley; Kirby has Kirby, Meta-Knight, and King Dedede. If anything, Metroid still has fewer unique reps than Kirby... o.O

14. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    You forgot Zero Suit Samus. That makes Metroid and Kirby equal in terms of 'unique' fighters.

15. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I'm completely satisfied with the roster at this point, but as a wishlist sort of thing, I'd like to see Bandana Waddle Dee (Playable in 2 kirby games and appears in multiple others, some as an ally), and the spear moveset is already mostly made tbh. Only other rep I'd like to see is Decidueye, but otherwise I feel the roster is good.

16. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Oh yeah, forgot about ZSS... Thanks. :sweat:

17. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    My list of characters I would like to see added is pretty short

New Characters

Skull Kid/Majora

Not only that we need a new LoZ rep but his disappears from the Assist Trophys might confirm that he will be added next. Also skull kid just looks awesome and has awesome powers

An Arms Rep

I don't really care which one (although I would prefer Min Min) I think that we should have at least one of the Arms fighters join Smash.

Echoes

Viridi (Echo to Palutena)

Viridi is my favorite Kid Icarus character and even in Kid Icarus Uprising she is almost like an Echo to Palutena at a certain point in the game which I won't talk about for spoilers. I think Viridi could easily translate well to have Palutena's attacks. (Also it might give me motovation to learn how to use Palutena)

Octoling (Echo for Inkling)

Now that Octolings are finally playable in Splatoon 2 it would make perfect sense to add them as an echo to the inklings. And since they behave the same way in Splatoon they won't have to make any special modifications to them.

18. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Decidueye or another gen 7 rep like Alolan Sandslash

Maybe Yooka-Lalyee as a fighter or as an assist trophy, since other indie game characters have assist trophies

#38 Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  19. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    The roster for the new game already looks incredible, and I honestly feel like it is fine how it is. However, Sakurai said that there will be more characters announced, so I feel like these would be some awesome additions:

Crash Bandicoot:
    The N Sane Trilogy released not too long ago on the Switch, meaning that it is totally possible for Crash to come in. This was one of my top childhood games, so I am totally down to have him in.

Spyro the Dragon:
    They came out with a remastered version on Playstation recently and it wouldn't surprise me if they ported it to the Nintendo Switch, especially considering that they ported Crash Bandicoot already. I grew up playing the classic games and I think he would fit right in.

Dixie Kong (echo):
    We recently got the trailer for K. Rool, which means that Dixie probably won't be in it (due to how easy it would have been to put Dixie in the trailer). However, I think she would be an awesome character, even just as an echo for Diddy.

Shadow the Hedgehog:
    Since he is no longer an assist trophy, he could totally be compatible for the new Smash. I don't want him a whole ton, but it would be nice to have him still.

20. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    HERE WE GO!

Newcomers:

Shantae
    I wanted this character when they announced the ballot and only one character I wanted made it (yes... I'm one of the psychopaths who wanted Cloud, you're welcome). Out of all the indie characters that can still make the cut, Shantae definitely has the best shot as she has been with Nintendo since the Game Boy Color. Her moves could be based on her different dances, the items you can purchase throughout the games (Pike Ball, Fireball and Storm Puff to name a few) and her hair-whipping abilities. With the lack of Smash Sisters we have available to us, I think Shantae would be a perfect and well rounded edition to the cast.

Banjo & Kazooie
    This character is the one I've wanted since Smash 4 was even announced as the trailer for Mega Man had me hoping for more 3rd Party representatives with Banjo at the top. I realize Nintendo and Rare are at very loose ends right now but with the recent collaboration with Microsoft Studios (Rare's main company) I think they have a decent shot. Their move set would be based around the different moves that Banjo and Kazooie have access to from the good 'ol 64 days (not that Nuts and Bolts garbage) Using Banjo for the standard attacks and Kazooie for the specials, using moves like Wing Whack, Egg Firing and even the Wonderwing for a counter. Their final smash without a doubt would have to be the Jinjonator from the first game performing a flurry of punches and other offensive maneuvers. Here's hoping for Banjo and Kazooie for Smash Ultimate

Geno
    Moving on from 3rd Party reps, we have Geno from Super Mario RPG. Fun fact, Sakurai himself wanted Geno to be in Super Smash Bros Brawl so maybe this time the Puppet Guardian of Star Road will get his shot. Geno has been a highly requested character throughout the series and I myself have requested him as well. Geno would have a pretty strong projectile game using moves like Geno Blast, Geno Beam and the devastating Geno Whirl as specials and maybe using his basic weapons like his Finger Shot, Rocket Punch and his Star Cannon for standard attacks. There is a pretty cool mod for Super Smash Bros Brawl with a really cool Geno moveset and that has given me a ton of ideas for what Geno's moveset would/should be. Plus, just imagine hearing a re-orchestrated Beware The Forest Mushrooms in one of the Mario stages. If Gangplank Galleon got a really grandiose remix then just imagine what that would sound like.

Lana
    Ok, Hyrule Warriors is insanely popular right now and Lana was the first "new" character to be revealed for that game so I think she is a perfect fit for Smash Bros Ultimate. Her fighting style would be very unique too as she would most likely be using her weapons from that game. Using a Deku Spear for standard attacks and using her Tomes and Gate weapon for specials and a recovery. Sure, her fighting style on paper would be pretty similar to Robin but she doesn't drop her tomes after consecutive use and her attacks would be a lot more unique. Her special attacks would revolve around basic magic attacks and then amplifying their power by stage control (similar to what a good Pacman player does) Using walls to accelerate and boost the power of her tome attacks and even a side special that involves her rolling around on a cube and if she wants to can cancel it by blowing it up with magic, sending out a small shockwave. Of course they wouldn't last very long and they can be destroyed by the opponent as well. For a recovery she would hop into a Gate of Time to warp up to the stage. I think Lana would make a really good fighter for the Smash Bros scene.

Bandanna Dee
    WE NEED A NEW KIRBY REP. Plain and simple, and Bandanna Dee makes the most sense. Donning his traditional spear, Bandanna Dee would be a pretty well rounded edition to the cast. He can use the spear as a helicopter to recover as well as doing multiple strikes in a flurry and even toss it as a projectile. The spear itself would probably have a tipper property like with Marth's sword to where there is more knockback and damage. There's actually a really neat theory that Bandanna Dee is going to be included and it is located in Dedede's new Final Smash. In the Masked Dedede fight in Kirby Super Star Ultra, Bandanna Dee was the only one in the stands, contrary to the first fight with Dedede where there was a ton of people. In Dedede's new Final Smash, for some reason Bandanna Dee isn't there in the stands. Perhaps it's lack of detail but Sakurai made the Kirby games as well so you'd think him of all people would notice that he's missing. But, it's only a theory.

Echo Fighters:

Metal Sonic (Echo of Sonic)
    Everyone is thinking about how Shadow will be Sonic's Echo Fighter but I beg to differ. I mean, Shadow's fighting style is nowhere close to Sonic's. However, a certain robotic version is very close to Sonic's fighting style and that of course is Metal Sonic. I think this would be a nice addition to the cast as Sonic has been in 3 consecutive games and has had no new representatives so having Shadow as a newcomer and Metal Sonic as an Echo Fighter would probably make everyone happy.

Proto Man (Echo of Mega Man)
    Sure, he's in Mega Man's Final Smash now, but unless Robin gets a new Final Smash that argument is now invalid because Chrom is now a playable character. So I can only hope that Proto Man can show up with his Proto Shield and Proto Buster to fight. I was going to say Mega Man X but the problem with that is that Mega Man X's weapon's would have to be changed drastically to match Mega Man's weapons. It'd also be pretty lazy work if Mega Man X was just tossing Metal Blades and using Rush as a recovery so Proto Man would make the most sense as he was in the classic series with Mega Man.

I'm sure there are more fighters that I want but I can't think of them at the moment so I'll leave you with this list.

brsajo likes this.