1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Worst Nuzlocke Experience?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by GiratinaMissingNo, May 23, 2017.

1. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    With Pokémon 'deaths', controlled captures, and limited heals, Nuzlockes are famously hard. But have any of you had such a bad experience that you nearly quit?
    Or is that just me...

I actually almost LOST a PKMN Red Nuzlocke, due to my bad habit of 'messing around' and ACCIDENTALLY-COMPLETELY ACCIDENTALLY-triggering the Old Man glitch.
    Whoops...ha ha...
    Oh, and I fought Blue with my Golduck and a 12-HP Charizard.

What about the rest of you?
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    My worst experience lies within the wonders of the Wonderlocke. Trading away Pokémon and receiving nothing but crappy Pokémon for ie, a lot of bugs while I was going up against Grant in X. Say bye bye Wonderlocke *Sulks in a corner*

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,074.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    My worse experience gotta be at the very end of my Emerald nuzlocke, I only had my starter, Sceptile, left and Wallace's only pokémon his Milotic. We threw punches back and forth and eventually we came to the point where my next hot would. My Sceptile could survive Ice Beams, sadly the game decided to crit so right there and then I lost the nuzlocke because of a crit, on the very last blow that would have decided whenever or not I would have succeeded the "lucky" Molitic got a crit, which was the only thing that would have stopped me from winning the battle.

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have only done a nuzlocke but, I spent so much time leveling and then evolving a pikachu into a Raichu and literally 3 battles to Yvetal left and it dies. I was very sad. ;;

5. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    That must have hurt so much. I never even got close to the E4. I hope to do so with my Plat Nuzlocke, but I am not sure I can make it.

6. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I remember in my Emerald nuzlocke where I was facing Norman's Gym, and I felt confident because I had my trusty little Shedinja with me (who had helped out so much against Flannery's Torkoal). So, I send it out against Norman's' Slaking, and died by Faint Attack. That taught me to make sure I know what moves the opponent Pokémon know BEFORE I fight them with a supereffective weakness.

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,074.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    It really did, I was so close to winning and out of nowhere a crit comes, I was devastated when I saw the HP bar drop lower than it should have on a regular hit.

8. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I have never done one, but I plan to do a spectacularly difficult/silly one at some point so :P

9. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    New one. missing half my freaking team when fighting Diantha in my X Wonderlocke. Luckily, my Mega Lucario pulled through for me, but I was sweating it.

10. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,046.2
    My first attempt at a Nuzlocke was FireRed, where I lost in the first battle with my rival. I lost the very first battle of the game! In all of my play-throughs of various Kanto-based games, that was one of less than half a dozen times I've lost that fight! It can't really get worse than that.

11. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    My first attempt of a nuzlocke ended shortly after I defeated Brock in Firered due to a Treecko having Self Destruct. It was a Randomized Nuzlocke, and has been documented here in the Journals. X'D two posts in that topic for gameplay. I only had 3 Pokémon throughout the whole game.

Note that my current run of a Randomized Emerald Nuzlocke is doing very well, started just minutes after that failed FireRed..

12. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    the first and only one I did was on Ruby and it lasted a total of 3 minutes.
    My team was so bad that I only made it to the first gym

13. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Hmm... Well there was this one Black nuzlocke I did a few years back. I picked Oshawott as my starter and it happened to have a pretty good nature for a random draw, so of course it became a permanent member of my team.

Fast-forward to the final battle with that douche Ghetsis, his Cofagrigus managed to land a Toxic on my Samurott. The rest of the battle went well but I misjudged the situation and somehow got my Samurott killed by poison when I was down to my last opponent

Like damn we were this close to the endgame and my starter died :(

14. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I lost my entire team to Clay because I didn't know excadrill was a part steel type. I only realised that when I was down to my final Pokémon; my trusty pignite. We somehow managed to beat him with a lucky Arm Thrust, but Clay's final Pokémon was a palpitoad and... Well... That taught me to actually know the secondary types that a Gym Leader's Pokémon may be.

15. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    the worst experience I have seen is my irl friend Alex. He was doing a nuzlocke in soul silver and had his togepi use metronome. Well guess what, it used fling and chucked the one experience share in the game at the opposing Pokémon, causing him to lose if forever. Because he could no longer grind with it he ended up losing the challenge when he was level grinding for the third gym. To think of all things he got taken out by an attack his Pokémon used.

16. Jakk

Jakk Hiker

PokéPoints:
    ₽125.5
    I haven't done one but i would like to if i can figure out how to randomize my game lmao

17. SkyBlueFox1

SkyBlueFox1 Black Belt

Rose
    (Ninetales)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,728.9
    I have done one single Nuzlocke run, with Sapphire, and that abruptly ended when Roxanne completely destroyed my team despite me picking Treecko and being lucky enough to manage a Ralts. I ended up just abandoning it and turning it into a normal run after that. I've never done one since. :U