1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask the Mustachioed Machamp

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by BZRich64, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    What's the longest that you've ever gone without eating?
    What goes through your mind when you are listening to music?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    1. I can't say for sure but no more than a day. I go most of the day without eating or drinking on the first Sunday of each month for religious purposes but I'm not sure if I've ever actually gone a full 24 hours without food.
    2. I various depending on the song, what's going on or even just from moment to moment. My mind could be pretty much anywhere.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    What's your favorite type of mustache?

4. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    A classic handlebar mustache, though I don't think that I would be able to handle having one myself.

5. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Do you plan to get Let's Go?

6. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Maybe eventually, but not when it comes out. My video game budget for this holiday season is already being exhausted with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Kingdom Hearts III. Even if I were to scrounge up the money for a third new game in the next few months I'd end up getting Spider-Man. The games just had the misfortune of being released around a bunch of other games that I'd rather get instead.

7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Do you prefer retro or modern styles in videogames?

8. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Both. I feel like retro works for some games and modern works for others. The main thing is to just have a style that works for the game aesthetically. However, I feel like a lot of 'modern' games these days go out of their way to be as 'realistic' as they can, which I don't particularly care for. It's a lot of unessisary effort, is probably one of the major reasons that the cost of developing videogames has skyrocketed over the last decade or so, and pretty much guarantees that the game's graphics are going age worse than a more stylized art style would.

9. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Do you prefer a genre of game play?

10. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Not really. I like a lot of genres and I'm not sure that I could really say that there's a single genre that I prefer overall.

11. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Do you have Smash Ultimate? If you do, who do you main?

12. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    I do have it and I've been playing it pretty much all day. I can't really say who my main is for sure right now since I've unlocked less than half of the total roster so far, but right now I'm mostly playing Donkey Kong and Link.

13. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    What creature would you love to have as a pet but can't since it doesn't exist?

14. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    That's hard to say considering that while there are a lot of fictional creatures that would be cool to have, most of them would actually make terrible pets. Most creatures in legends and mythology are extremely dangerous and/or malevolent towards humans. Even the more benevolent creatures tend to have a nasty side to them. Not to mention that most mythological creatures are for more sentient than real animals and would be kind of unethical to have as pets. In regard to more modern fictional creatures, nothing really stands out to me right now as something I would want as a pet right now.
    I suppose a Phoenix would be nice so long as it doesn't set everything on fire. Although the size could be an issue as their normally depicted as being pretty big. Also, I kind of doubt that it would be even remotely well behaved.
    Having some kind of familiar seems like it would be nice, though that still leaves open the question of what kind of animal it would actually be.

Short answer: I don't know.

15. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    @BZRich64

- have you ever experienced jet lag?

16. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Nope. I've only ever been on a plane twice in my life. The first time was when I was 8 and my family flew down to California to visit Lego Land, Disney Land and Universal Studios. The second time was about a week or so later when we flew back. I don't really remember much of the experience flying, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't experience any jet lag.

17. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    How did you come up with the idea to give Machamp a mustache?

18. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    I made designs for Machamp-Alakazam fusions. One that was Machamp with Alakazam's mustache and one two arms, while the other was an Alakazam with Machamp's four muscular arms. When I made my account on fanfiction.net, I wasn't sure what to use as my profile picture and decided to use the Machamp sprite as a placeholder. Shortly after that I was invited here and used the same picture. From there, it just sort of became my thing, though my more recent versions added the extra set of arms back and a second mustache.
    Here's the original sprites:
    [​IMG]

19. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    How did you learn how to do sprite art?

Which Pokémon generation is your favorite?

Which character are you best with in Smash Bros Ultimate?

20. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    1. I actually started out after getting the strategy guide for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team. It showed sprites for each of the Pokémon available, which one time I decided to just try and start recreating as best as I could in MS Paint. Eventually I started looking up sprites online and started messing around with those. Overtime I got a bit better with it and learned a few tricks (such as right clicking with the erasure tool, which is really helpful with recoloring sprites). I tend to go in and out of actually working with them, though. I also haven't really tried doing making original pixel art or sprites, so I haven't really developed the skills to do much beyond editing preexisting sprites.

2. That's hard to say. I tend to prefer odd numbered generations over even numbered ones (Gen 2 being the exception), but I don't know if I could really call any specific generation my favorite. I guess maybe Gen 5. It introduced a lot of Pokémon that I like, had better storytelling than normal and wasn't afraid to try and stand out on its own, rather than rely on Gen 1 pandering like Gen 6 and Gen 7. I like Gen 1 and I still feel like they go overboard with the pandering these days.

3. Right now that would be Link. Which is interesting since I used to be a Marth main in Brawl and 4, but I haven't really been as effective with him this time around even though I haven't noticed any real change. Link, on the other hand, has a number of very noticeable changes that I actually don't like (removing the Claw Shot and the change to how his bombs work), yet somehow he ended up my new main. Funny how that works.