1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Evil Team

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by BZRich64, Feb 24, 2019.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    The Pokémon world is filled with all kinds of nefarious organizations bent over world domination/destruction/making lots of money/etc. Among them are Team Rocket, Team Great Rocket, Neo Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Cipher, Team Galactic, Team Plasma, Team Flare, Team Skull, The Aether Foundation, Team Rainbow Rocket, the Go-Rock Squad, Great Gavel, the Phobos Battalion, the Pokémon Pinchers, Team Debonairs, Team Dim Sun, Team Meanies, the other Team Skull, and probably others that I can't think of right now. Each group has their own pros and cons (in more ways than one) as well as their own unique styles.

So, which evil team do you like most and why?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Team Cipher, as they managed to take over most of the Orre Region and had the technology to completely corrupt (and in the case of Lugia- physically alter) Pokémon and even steal others' Pokémon while in battle (through the use of Team Snagem's members-but the machines came from Cipher's labs).
    I found it interesting seeing a villainous team in the peak of it's rein, how devastating it could be for a region.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  3. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I’ve always loved Team Galactic because bias (it was my first game), but also their goal of creating a new world was actually somewhat achieved because of the Distortion World. Cyrus is pretty cool too, and has a difficult battle for a first-time player. However, recently I’ve been starting to like Team Aqua and Magma a lot, because I’m currently playing through Emerald. I loved the idea of 2 evil teams that are complete opposites against each other. Also, I love Archie and Maxie, and their redesigns in ORAS, as well as their updated battle theme. (I’ve been taking more of a liking to it too, and I think it’s my second favorite song in the games.)

#3 Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  4. Glitxel

Mya
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽295.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    That's a tough one. Can't I just Say all of them? xD

Well in the main series my favorites are Team Rocket (Because of the Anime, them being the original evil team and them most likely being responsible for the creation of Mewtwo), Team Rainbow Rocket (The Crossover of all Evil Teams) and Team Skull (Because they're just the best honestly. They're so fun!) For the Side games it has to be the original/other Team Skull (I hated them a lot more than Team Meanies and I just have more experience and love for the games they appeared in as well)

5. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I have to say Team Skull! They are just so funny and quirky, more so than the other teams, imo. Their rap theme is so fitting and so are their arm movements. I couldn't care less about their motivations (I mean, it's plot in Pokémon, I'm not expecting too much there), but their quirkiness makes them stand out to me big time.

6. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    My favorite Team is "Team Plasma" mostly cause of their awesome battle theme. Also they were Pretty successful. For example they were able to freeze Opelucid City .

7. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    me and my siblings

I'm gonna go with the team from the Orre region, I don't remember which ones they were but the ones from Pokémon XD with all the shadow Pokémon and stuff. Really fun game tbh

8. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Aqua, for a few reasons:
    • They seem more laid back, like I remember in ORAS one grunt said they could sleep as long as they want and I'm like oh thank god
    • I honestly don't think Archie cares if they even do their work
    • Archie is hot
    As you can see, there's amazing depth to this.

9. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    amazing depth
    Was... was that.... a pun?!?! NANI?!
    I sea what you did there

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  10. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Easy. Team Aqua.
    They've always been my favorite, and probably always will. Not to mention their ORAS redesigns made me love them even more.
    Magma and Plasma are pretty cool too tho.
    I'm 'meh' on the rest of the evil teams.

11. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Team Magma for the win! I love both team magma and Aqua mainly because of nostalgic biased, but also because they seem like easy Saturday morning cartoon corporations. I'm going to build more land to conquer the word, I'm going to build more sea to conquer the world. Not something has small as uprooting a Pokémon trafficking company and not something as philosophical as the later teams. Just beat up the bads that want to destroy the world. Also, I love their interactions together and I enjoy how they fight each other and you at the same time.

12. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    Team Magma! Honestly I feel like they have the best uniforms.

13. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    For me it's a face off between team cipher and team skull.

Team cipher is one of my favorites because they actually took over a region, ruled it like nothing was happening, and their leader was a clear case of doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde. Team cipher was also one of the few teams that was clearly evil and actually presented a challenge to defeat.

Team skull is more of a tragic story. They were all misfits that were in some way shunned by society because they couldn't live up to expectations. In some cases all people cared about was kids completing the island challenge and I got the feeling from the games that failure wasn't an option. So what happened to those who failed? Not everyone is a winner in life and team skull seems to be made of people who in some way couldn't do the challenge. This was the first evil team that didn't seem evil to me, just misguided. Add in the tragic back story (albeit scant as it was), and I couldn't help but feel sorry and merciful for them. This team reminded me that win or lose, the person on the other end is still a person. We all struggle going through life having to live up to expectations and deciding whether or not we want to live by them. To me, this team felt... human, not like a bunch of mindless machines. Plus this team seamed like more of a family in some ways at times to me. I may be reading and projecting to much into and onto the team, but in a way I like them so much because they remind me of myself and my own struggles.