1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Generation 8 Predictions

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by BZRich64, Feb 20, 2019.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    We know that a new pair of Pokémon games coming out later this year and that they'll be kick-starting the eighth generation. Unless Gamefreak really wants to mess with their formula and fan expectations, we can expect a few things like a new region, around a hundred or so new Pokémon (probably more like 80ish now), etc. However, beyond that we really don't know much else at this point.

What new features might they add? What might not make the cut? What kinds of new Pokémon do you think they'll add? What do you think that they'll do with the story or characters? Share and discus your predictions, theories and speculation regarding the upcoming Generation 8 games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Welcome back proper wild Pokémon battles (with the option for the Let's Go style if someone's more comfy with that) and Gym Leaders.

At least one different career path (maybe the return of contests?)

Something akin to the Trick House in Gen 3

The return of the Battle Frontier

Proper postgame content

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    East likes this.
  3. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    While I don't expect much; I don't see them getting out of their confort zone again, I do expect 8th gen to carry over some great aspects of base SM. As of the questions above, let's see how my predictions go:

New features: More shinies! Lately, GF seem to have realized that people love those, so...
    Not make the cut: Any gimmicky minigame present in past games. Poor mantine (and UBs)
    New Pokémon: Nothing truly new, the same groups as ever: starters, rat, bird, legend trio... (I'm not gonna complain about simplicity as that's what I want GF to do haha.)
    Story: As I said, I think they'll take into acount what they did with SM (but not USUM).

It is more a hope than a prediction, but I really want to see the multiplayer aspect of the game severely improved and get rid of festival plaza-ish kind of locations once and for all >:D

4. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    As @Aalacer mentioned, these are more hopes than anything:
    1. Cut: the use of Z-Moves. I've never been a huge fan of them, so it'd be nice to see them taken out of the next generation for me.
    2. Re-intro: TYPE GEMS. Please...These items were so great, bring them back to their former BW/BW2 glory... These were more versatile than Z-Moves are now, and more tame, as well.
    3. New Pokémon: designs don't matter too much to me, but I'd love to see a Fairy/Poison or a poison-legendary. Poison has had a huge resurgence since Fairy was introduced, and it needs to keep some momentum.
    4. Re-intro: Like @WavePearl said, contests as a different career-path or focus would be great. Maybe even have the two versions be focused on different goals? One as a traditional-style, and the other as a contest/other based adventure? I think that'd be great.
    5. Re-intro: more story-line puzzles to solve. These seriously made the generation 3 and 4 games way more fun.
    6. Story and plot: I'd love to see exclusive use of the new Pokémon in the first part of the game to really show them off, like in BW. I think this would be a great way to really get people to play with the new Pokémon.
    7. Re-intro: again @WavePearl ... The battle frontier needs to come back. Enough said there. Restore it to gen 3 glory, please.

5. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Steel/Poison types,
    The re-intro of gen 3 gambling. (Seriously, those slot machines and roulette boards were addicting back in the day.

6. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Gambling won't return due to a law in the UK where gambling promotion isn't ok in E for Everyone games (18+ games only). If you look at the Gen 1-2 Virtual re-releases they're rated 10+ for Gambling. Unless they want to up the rating and possibly cause a major storm from people not knowing the full story as to why, Gambling won't ever make a come back.

Rezna likes this.