1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Comp / Tech Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    How do you generally deal with technology not working the way it should? Are you a tech expert able to see your way through every problem, or yell at the top of your lungs for someone nearby who might know what they're doing?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I'm pretty good at spotting the problem, but I always need someone who can fix it for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    My phone is probably 6 years old and whenever it refuses to function properly I have to shut it off, or sometimes I have to remove the battery if the phone won’t ask to shut down.

4. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I can deal with minor issues, but most of the time I end up going to my dad, who doesn't know how to fix it any more than I do but can also Google things and understand what the results say.

5. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I use Linux.

Translation: I installed a nearly unsupported and quite unpopular operating system on my computer because it was free. Because it's free, its developers aren't financially motivated to make an easy-to-use project. My operating system partially or fully breaks quite often, it falls entirely on my own shoulders to fix it (with the help of message board users around the internet), as there is no paid tech support for this. My options are do research on another computer and learn to fix it myself or just not have a working computer any more. That's a really good motivator to learn how to fix problems.

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Depends on the tech. I'm pretty decent with computers and similar tech, but appliances and other such things are beyond my arena of expertise, so those I rely on the pros for.

7. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Argh...I hate when technology won't work the way it's supposed to. I mean...I'm no tech expert so...I normally just get my brother or something to help. I mean...I actually do turn it off and on again first. Unless my computer freezes and it won't let me turn it off then I just wait till it dies. That actually tends to fix most problems.

8. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I totally get know what its like when my technology doesn't do what I want it to do. I'm a coder, and I have to be for the field I work in, so most of the time I spend my time starring at the screen trying my best to figure out how to get the stupid computer to do what I want it to do.

Seriously though, I may be a coder, but I'm no good at tech support. All my coding is in astronomical aspects and never hardware. If my computer breaks down, I always go to my tech savvy friend to fix it. I just can't fix a problem in my computer if it arises.

9. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Most of the time I just turn it on and off and it just works like normal. However, there are sometimes I can fix my own problems. I had to fix my laptop several times this year. I'm glad because I don't have to spend a lot of money for someone else to fix it.

10. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Aside from the ol’ reboot method, I’ve always responded to computer issues by bringing up the ctrl-alt-delete screen. My parents taught me from a young age that it can help unfreeze computer software and it has worked.

If it’s a more complex issue, I’ll just look up a question and hope there’s a guide for it.

11. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Technology not working the way it should, frustrates me. But, I don't actually go and break the entire thing. I mostly just ignore it and focus on other things not related to it. And, i suppose that's it.

12. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    This Really Happen To Me Sometime. My Internship From January To Early This Month: Lead Me Need To Fix All Of This On All The Lab's Computers( Which Is 40 Computers), Even Hard Disk Not Found, Unable Display, Boot Order Wrong And Much More!

And I See What You Did With The Thread Title...A Reference.